Atlanta area clubs or partnership

Thomas Ellis

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AeroTom
Hello all!

I just moved to the Atlanta area and have started to look for a place to fly out of. I quickly realised rental rates are high up here so have started to look into flying clubs or possibly joining a partnership. Does anyone know of any clubs or partnerships around Atlanta? I’m south of Atlanta in McDonough.

Welcome to Atlanta. Hope you like traffic LOL. Been here 17 years and you are right, rentals are high here. I was flying out of McCullom (KRYY) in Cobb county for most of my time here. Great airport and Aeroatlanta has Cirrus and all new 172S models. They are at both KRYY and Peachtree Deklab (KPDK) I was renting the 172s as a club member and paying about $215 an hour taxes and all. The Cirrus planes are much higher as I recall....approaching $300 an hour if memory serves. Good flight school, but they stay busy and planes at least at KRYY can be hard to get on weekends. on KRY there is Superior Flight school as well, but couldnt tell you anything about them. Finally bought my own. Where you live in Atlanta will somewhat determine where you rent from...as you know Atlanta is huge and if you live in Gwinnett county, you likely dont want to drive 45 minutes to an hour one way to Cobb county. Some of the smaller airports I have found like Phoenix Air at Cartersville, KVPC, have older model 172/piper rentals much cheaper than the KRYY and KPDKs. At my current airport (Calhoun - KCZL) i know a guy that rents a Piper Cherokee, but unsure of the price so check into the smaller uncontrolled airports too. Atlanta airspace is busy with so many smaller D's and of course Bravo above most of it. Anyway, welcome to the ATL.

Thanks for the tips! My closest airport is KHMP, so I think I may just drive there and checkout whats there and see if I can find any info from the locals at the field.

It's a little longer drive, but you might want to check out Covington KCVC where I hang out. Another independent CFI and I just bought a C172N that we will rent for much less than the above listed rates. Send me a PM if you like. Glad to meet up with you in any case!

Welcome. You of course have to fly into the grass strip PeachState for breakfast someday.

Can’t help you as I’m up north and fly from KRYY - LGE club as well as superior flight school rentals. I suggest getting signed up in a few different places given how hard it is to find rental time these days.

In the same boat. Just moved back here in June. Based out of KPDK. I am 3-4 months from finishing up my ppl, will be moving on to ir as soon as I can build the requirements. Plan on flying for work 1-2 times a week when weather allows. Looking for clubs or partnerships.

Back