arcade games

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
1) who's old enough to remember arcades?

and

2) anyone remember this popular game?

I think it was called sacman

sacman.jpg

Heck ya! Pinball was my thing!

In the original Sac Man, the ghosts were Asian.

In level 10 the slaw is replaced with a half a donut.
Not a half donut, it's a full sized blue donut that ironically looked very similar to the one found on AOA's.

You knew I'd catch your drift eh?

Old enough to have paid lots of quarters into the Pong game at the Spinning Wheels roller skating rink. And back then, a roll of quarters was A LOT of money for a kid.

Got blisters in my fingers playing the football game that used the trackball controller.

And thought Dragon's Lair was the coolest thing when it was first deployed.

Donkey Kong and Q-Bert

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk still has their "Classic Corner" with some of the greats.

...no Paperboy though.

But that was back in the day when burgers were still wrapped in buns and monkeys were only known for climbing the Empire State Building.

When I was young, single and cool, I had this in my living room.

cabinet by https://www.flickr.com/photos/125913631@N03/, on Flickr

I helped rebuild one with a roommate of mine in college that we kept in our garage. We had it hacked with an emulator to play like 100 of the popular arcade games. I'm pretty sure he still has it. We had to replace a video board, do some minor soldering/wiring but it worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I helped rebuild one with a roommate of mine in college that we kept in our garage. We had it hacked with an emulator to play like 100 of the popular arcade games. I'm pretty sure he still has it. We had to replace a video board, do some minor soldering/wiring but it worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun stuff. I converted mine into a full-on JAMMA/Naomi/Naomi2 setup, so it took boards from pretty much any arcade game and obviously most "modern" SEGA cassets/GDRoms.
I was pretty darn good with Tekken Tag, and Virtua Fighter 4 :)

I have Choplifter (stand-up) and Donkey Kong (table top) in my garage. They are currently restoration projects that I should get to some day. They keep my '85 380SL company.

I'm sooooo 80's!

In college I had a roommate that bought one of these and put it in the corner of our living room. I said "That's nuts. Nobody wants to play that ancient thing." Boy, was I wrong.

1280455.jpg

I remember Friday nights at the skating rink. Right next door to the Ford Tractor dealership. Then after skating, off to Dairy Queen for a banana split. 50 cents to go skating on a wood plank floor and 50 cents for a banana split.

I was a very young adult when pong came out. We would stay up all night playing that..... Man, I was sooooo cool back then.....:rolleyes2: :rofl:

I was always a fan on the '70s game, "Space War", which had two ships battling in orbit around a sun. Pretty realistic orbit mechanics.
1181242171185.jpg

In the '80s, I found a game for sale. It was only $50. The owner told me that it powered on, but didn't recognize any coin drops or keypad input. I figured, what the hell, and bought it.

Got home, looked inside. Typical large circuit board, dust-covered, with a couple of edge connectors plugged into it. One edge connector was clean...but dusty on the BOTTOM. Flipped it around, and the game worked fine.

Played it for a number of years, but it's been inactive for about 15 years, now. Afraid to turn it on, now....

Ron Wanttaja

When I worked for the BRL, we had a vector graphics system (Vector General) that hooked up to a PDP-11. We were using it for CAD software to do tank vulnerability analysis, but one night Mike and I spent a few hours programming an asteroids game for the thing. We left it running at about 6AM when the various physicists and engineers showed up. By the time we got back, others had made modifications to fix "deficiencies" in the physics of our original code.

They now have computer boards with over 100 of the most popular games on 1 board. companies are making them into cabinets and selling them to individuals. they have become popular in the Gatlinburg vacation cabins like we own. I have a couple of them. look at the ones built into whiskey barrels.
Www.custommulticades.com

I have a MAME emulator on my phone...and GBA/N64/SNES too. Crazy that the games from my childhood are small and simple enough to run on my phone.

Pinball nut here!!

They now have computer boards with over 100 of the most popular games on 1 board. companies are making them into cabinets and selling them to individuals.
I have a MAME emulator on my phone...and GBA/N64/SNES too. Crazy that the games from my childhood are small and simple enough to run on my phone.

Thread merge (sort of). Check out this MAME cabinet.

I had the opportunity to work for Nolan Busnell for awhile.

Back