AOPA Raffle LOL

While it might look like the AOPA reboot aircraft, I don't think this particular one is it.

Why would you paint it like that to SELL it?

While it might look like the AOPA reboot aircraft, I don't think this particular one is it.

AOPA's plane has "N152UC" as a tail number. "UC" = "You Can" (i.e. "You Can Fly") as I recall.

It's not. I'm guessing this was a roller or rattle can job. Look closely...everything was painted yellow, including the footstep and brakes!

Why would you paint it like that to SELL it?

Possibly it will sell to a buyer whose wife said "you will not buy a plane" .
As long as it appears to be a "major award" it would be OK!

Honey, I won!:D

I think this is one of the best ideas going, but will probably fall flat on its face. Old aircraft are falling apart, and new aircraft are perilously expensive. So refurbish an old aircraft so that it might as well be a new aircraft, sell it for more than an old aircraft but less than new one.

Insurance will probably never catch up to this but I still think it a good idea. it will take some out of the box thinking to revive GA, if it ever is to be revitalized.

By the way, taking about the AOPA aircraft at Oshkosh, which was spanky. Don't know so much about this one.

Paint scheme might be the same but the panel and interior is far different. Plus the AOPA airplane's fuselage was not merely a paint job over a worn out fuselage but the fuselage, wings and everything else was completely stripped and any squawks fixed.

Back