Anything for attention...sigh.

......aaaand it's also a PTSD service dog, so she's also going off on a vet with PTSD, doesn't get much more classy than that. I'm surprised her man didn't just pick her up and take her outside.

There are people out there with severe alergies to dogs. Personally, I've developed an alergy to small children in restaurants, I'll take a well trained dog under the table any day. My parents raise puppies for CCI.

If my dog behaved like many of the little humans I see in public... my oh, my.

We take Autumn to many dog friendly restaurants and she sits quietly, drinks some water, the occasional french fry, and never a peep out of her (of either type).

Kids will come over and ask if they can pet her and we ask if it's okay with their parents. Always a yes there, and it's funny to watch how fast their head turns to where the parent is!

But then there's the kids that just bum rush her and start patting and poking her. We're like "be soft with her and speak quietly".. while trying to find if anyone wants to claim these kids.

Just the other day I watched a "service" dog make a monster fudge in Home Depot. The owner did not scoop.

The dog thing is out of control. Does your dog really need to accompany you to a restaurant or grocery store or sniffing my leg in first class on a commercial flight? Apparently, anyone can print a "service dog" certificate online.....so i've been told. I understand and appreciate if you truly require a service dog, but i'd bet the majority of the pets in restaurants and grocery stores, etc., are not really service dogs. I'll tell you one thing, if a dog unwantingly approaches me or my kids in any of the aforementioned places, it'll get a foot to the head no questions asked!

A foot to the head if it just approaches you? Overreact much? Aggressively, sure, but just because you don't want it around that seems like you have a lot of insecurity if your first inclination is to harm it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogs are pretty astute critters and will be what you teach and train them to be. If you're aggressive by nature it's likely your dog will be. OTOH, if you train your dog to get along with people there is not likely to be a problem. Sure, my dogs barked at the UPS truck but they liked the driver. Perhaps they liked the treats he offered them but they were never aggressive, just a bit mouthy and with wagging tails. Kick my dog for trying to be friendly with wagging tail and you're going to have to answer to me.

The dog thing is out of control. Does your dog really need to accompany you to a restaurant or grocery store or sniffing my leg in first class on a commercial flight? Apparently, anyone can print a "service dog" certificate online.....so i've been told. I understand and appreciate if you truly require a service dog, but i'd bet the majority of the pets in restaurants and grocery stores, etc., are not really service dogs. I'll tell you one thing, if a dog unwantingly approaches me or my kids in any of the aforementioned places, it'll get a foot to the head no questions asked!

Yeah, this is internet keyboard warrior talk cause in the real world you would get your arse kicked.

I'll tell you one thing, if a dog unwantingly approaches me or my kids in any of the aforementioned places, it'll get a foot to the head no questions asked!
I'm not badass enough for that. If it approaches me it's more likely to get pet.

Nauga,
who usually asks first

The two below find someone above to be rather amusing.

upload_2017-9-24_18-0-44.png

And by amusing, they don't mean in a good funny sort of way but rather in a "make my day, beyotch" sort of way. You know, the amused look one gets when they are about to put some a-hole in their place. Yep... I'll probably just sit back and watch though I might join in just for the heck of it.

The dog thing is out of control. Does your dog really need to accompany you to a restaurant or grocery store or sniffing my leg in first class on a commercial flight? Apparently, anyone can print a "service dog" certificate online.....so i've been told.

I understand your point that being a "sympathy dog" is an easy way to escape the pet fees on the airlines and seems to be have some degree of exploitation. I am completely against that.

We take her to pet friendly restaurants all the time. I'm unaware of pet friendly grocery stores.

But know this... if someone kicks my dog I'm gonna be like David Banner in The Hulk. All restaurants have knives, and in Texas there's the good ole conceal and carry law.

No questions will be asked.

So if you have a true service dog ,some believe the dog should be left outside. And when you leave the dog in a vehicle,some well intentioned person will break your widow and have you arrested for animal cruelty. I do agree ,there are way to many people scamming the system.

I would kick the owner. It's not the dog's fault the owner is a douche bag and let his service dog roam. A true service dog does not roam around. But kick the dog sounds right in today's world.

Dogs in restaurants??? Never seen it. Hope I don't. Although this woman is freaking insane, I think it's pretty bad form to allow animals in a restaurant as well. I really, really like dogs, but that's no place to take one. I would be good with a real service dog, like a blind service dog, but a PTSD service dog???? No freaking way. Folks are going way overboard with dogs these days. I can't tell you how many folks I know now that seem to think their dog is a human being. Blows my mind. Never saw that kind of behavior 15-20 years ago.

A foot to the head if it just approaches you? Overreact much? Aggressively, sure, but just because you don't want it around that seems like you have a lot of insecurity if your first inclination is to harm it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope.....far from insecure just don't want your damn dog in my business. same with kids. And i have both.

There are too many nosey people. People should try to be more like Texas!

If the dog is well enough behaved not to bother anyone then I don't really care. If it's barking or otherwise bugging people though, that's a different thing.

I can't tell you how many folks I know now that seem to think their dog is a human being. Blows my mind.

Wait, they're not? Why just yesterday I was telling my dog that, you know, I thinks it's me who is being trained here.

......aaaand it's also a PTSD service dog, so she's also going off on a vet with PTSD, doesn't get much more classy than that. I'm surprised her man didn't just pick her up and take her outside.

Would you admit to being with her on camera if you were "her man?" That guy is probably terrified of her.

That's because most dogs these days are smarter than the average human being. :yesnod:

Yeah, it's cute to say that, but you know that is not really the case. Don't get me wrong, I like animals and I've had the same house dog for far longer than I've had my kids. She is a great pet and I would not abuse her. However, she is still a beast and doesn't have anywhere near the intelligence of even the dumbest human being. She is well trained and I'm sure she likes us to the degree that an animal can, but she is still an animal with not much ability. I've had cows that show the same level of contentment under our care. They all possess intelligence to some degree, which is cool, but it is quite limited compared to a human. We love animals because they are cute, fun, and in the hands of a good owner, do as they are told. I think one difference that we've seen in society is that humans, particularly Americans, are growing more and more intolerant of anyone bucking their own views, not agreeing with them, and/or not doing what you want them to do. Animals, for the most part, don't fight back or argue with their owners, and that makes owners very comfortable. If they get fed and treated well, they are loyal and loving. Many people go wayyyyy too far with the animal love. Often times, it's to a point that it's a hindrance on their interaction with other humans and their ability to leave the house for more than a few hours. Those that chose not to let the animal tie them down and take them everywhere they go often expect everyone else to be cool with having their animal in their presence in public places. Again, animals are great, I would just expect an owner to do what is appropriate. Unfortunately, what I consider inappropriate is becoming more appropriate as time goes on. In my humble opinion, I don't think a beast has the right to dine with people in a public restaurant. If the owner of the business has no problem with it, and nobody in the building has a problem with it, fine. If even one person does have a problem with it, the animal should be out the door. Just my opinion. Please don't think I'm a hater. I just think there is a place for animals and places where they shouldn't be taken.

Again, the lady in the video is a freaking wack job. Took it way to far.

Last edited:
And in this case there is a LAW. So it matters not what anyone thinks, the service dog cannot be excluded.

Yeah, it's cute to say that, but you know that is not really the case. Don't get me wrong, I like animals and I've had the same house dog for far longer than I've had my kids. She is a great pet and I would not abuse her. However, she is still a beast and doesn't have anywhere near the intelligence of even the dumbest human being. She is well trained and I'm sure she likes us to the degree that an animal can, but she is still an animal with not much ability. I've had cows that show the same level of contentment under our care. They all possess intelligence to some degree, which is cool, but it is quite limited compared to a human. We love animals because they are cute, fun, and in the hands of a good owner, do as they are told. I think one difference that we've seen in society is that humans, particularly Americans, are growing more and more intolerant of anyone bucking their own views, not agreeing with them, and/or not doing what you want them to do. Animals, for the most part, don't fight back or argue with their owners, and that makes owners very comfortable. If they get fed and treated well, they are loyal and loving. Many people go wayyyyy too far with the animal love. Often times, it's to a point that it's a hindrance on their interaction with other humans and their ability to leave the house for more than a few hours. Those that chose not to let the animal tie them down and take them everywhere they go often expect everyone else to be cool with having their animal in there presence in public places. Again, animals are great, I would just expect an owner to do what is appropriate. Unfortunately, what I consider inappropriate is becoming more appropriate as time goes on. In my humble opinion, I don't think a beast has the right to dine with people in a public restaurant. If the owner of the business has no problem with it, and nobody in the building has a problem with it, fine. If even one person does have a problem with it, the animal should be out the door. Just my opinion. Please don't think I'm a hater. I just think there is a place for animals and places where they shouldn't be taken.

Again, the lady in the video is a freaking wack job. Took it way to far.

I agree with all of this.

And in this case there is a LAW. So it matters not what anyone thinks, the service dog cannot be excluded.

And this is all that matters.

My daughter does initial training for service dogs. I've been in plenty of restaurants with one of her dogs (trains one at a time). If there is a cloth over the table many people are surprised when we leave that there was a dog there. It lays quietly at our feet. I was surprised when we took one to a football game. He just laid at our feet and napped. Fans were cheering, fireworks were going off, the band was playing and that dog just rested there at our feet.

She has another dog as a pet. That one never goes to restaurants or the stadium. It is not being trained as a service dog and hence cannot go to those locations.

Not that it matters, but I agree with the law, for dogs that provide a real service.

I admit, most of my post went way beyond the context of the OP. It's just something that has kind of bothered me more and more over time. I digress.

^^^ I agree with you. And I think the fines for abusing the service dog laws should be even higher than a handicapped parking space.

Dogs in restaurants??? Never seen it. Hope I don't. Although this woman is freaking insane, I think it's pretty bad form to allow animals in a restaurant as well. I really, really like dogs, but that's no place to take one. I would be good with a real service dog, like a blind service dog, but a PTSD service dog???? No freaking way. Folks are going way overboard with dogs these days. I can't tell you how many folks I know now that seem to think their dog is a human being. Blows my mind. Never saw that kind of behavior 15-20 years ago.
Never been to Europe, I suppose.

Nope.....far from insecure just don't want your damn dog in my business. same with kids. And i have both.

You may think so, but if your first reaction to a curious animal or human child is a boot to the head, you have some bad wiring. As was mentioned by several already, if my dog (a docile 11-yr-old golden retriever) wandered up to you (or my daughter) and got a kick to any portion of them, you'd likely have a mouthful of broken teeth. If you simply wish to convey that you would disapprove of such an unwelcome interaction, I feel that you could find a more constructive way of doing so than physical violence against a non-threatening animal/child.

Back