Anyone else tired of large breasts?

Chicken breasts cooked skinless and boneless lack any real flavor. I'd rather have a boneless skinless thigh. Mucho flavor on the grill.

But besides flavor issues, yeah, I'm tired of the silly huge size of chicken breasts. Best smoked like a turkey breast with cherry wood.

Now wings...I remember 30 years ago when buffalo chicken wings were tiny and good. Now you get a drumette wing in some places that's like a dang leg size! Sheesh...

The only thing slightly worth a damn on a chicken are its wings. Otherwise, fish me something out of the sea or cut me a slice of something off a cow or a pig.

@SkyDog58 - I just enjoyed a plate of maple bacon with a side of ice cold beer, and see no reason to consume anything further for the night.

dogs-swollen-eyes.jpg

Chicken breasts cooked skinless and boneless lack any real flavor. I'd rather have a boneless skinless thigh. Mucho flavor on the grill.

But besides flavor issues, yeah, I'm tired of the silly huge size of chicken breasts. Best smoked like a turkey breast with cherry wood.

Now wings...I remember 30 years ago when buffalo chicken wings were tiny and good. Now you get a drumette wing in some places that's like a dang leg size! Sheesh...

Yeah, a couple of grilled boneless chicken thighs on the grill and a baked potato makes a nice meal. I put Fox Bros. dry rub on 'em, really good stuff. My wife favors Montreal Chicken seasoning. You have to do something with the skinless boneless breasts, but they're so big they don't marinate well and putting seasoning on the outside isn't enough. I think I'm going to take 6PC's suggestion to butterfly them first.

Yeah, a couple of grilled boneless chicken thighs on the grill and a baked potato makes a nice meal. I put Fox Bros. dry rub on 'em, really good stuff. My wife favors Montreal Chicken seasoning. You have to do something with the skinless boneless breasts, but they're so big they don't marinate well and putting seasoning on the outside isn't enough. I think I'm going to take 6PC's suggestion to butterfly them first.
Pound them flat first. Don't have to overdo it, just make sure they are a consistent thickness. They might spread out wide enough to cut in two. Ziplock bag, juice a couple limes, add some garlic, salt, cilantro, and sliced jalapeno. Pour in a shot or three of tequila, then soak the chicken in it for a few hours before tossing it on the grill.

My main issue with the large chicken breasts is that when I cook chicken, I season it liberally. The seasoning doesn't penetrate through to the center. All my seasoning is on or close to the surface. With smaller breasts, I get more of the seasoning, which I use because I like it.

But I often make a wonderful chicken salad using the large breasts. They (larger breasts) are much juicier and more flavorful when cooked slowly on the grill or roasted in the oven.

We use a lot of marinades when cooking the larger chicken breasts. Wife likes several of the Weber's marinades that usually just involve dumping the seasoning packet in a ziplock back with a 1/2 cup of lemon or lime juice and let it do its thing for a day in the fridge.

I think that pounding them flat(ter) tends to open up the grain on the back side a bit. That seems to help marinade get a chance to soak in.

a friend told me a few years ago that the hormones used by the producers get passed on to young girls who grow up to be big girls with some parts much bigger than the were back in the day .

Not true. The increase is all genetics and more accurate feeding programs.

I imagine the chickens are not that thrilled with having bigger breasts either...

From poulty to swine to dairy farmers, I am thinking they might have a little problem...
iqm2iw.jpg

Why did the chicken cross the road? To prove to the raccoon that it could be done!

I'm tired of the large breasts attached to Kim Kardashian.

For a change, it was actual "reality TV" when she got tied up, held at gunpoint and robbed of $10 million in jewels. How refreshing! :):)

Yup, insurance fraud ($10 mil, c'mon) and/or publicity.

Back