another logging question

RotorAndWing

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Rotor&Wing
If I'm an AME who flies for the airlines, how would I log PIC if I were to fly as a safety pilot for a guy who has no license and no medical in his airplane with no annual and an expired registration? :eek:

And please, if you have an avatar that may potentially offend me please don't reply to my post!:rolleyes:

:rofl:
If I'm an AME who flies for the airlines, how would I log PIC if I were to fly as a safety pilot for a guy who has no license and no medical in his airplane with no annual and an expired registration? :eek:

And please, if you have an avatar that may potentially offend me please don't reply to my post!:rolleyes:

OK, this is really simple...just stay with me.

First, you need to find a high-tech device called a "pen". Then you open up your logbook, and make some scribbles in there.

:D

Would I have to use an FAA approved ink pen?

Yes, of course, you need to use a pen approved by the Administrator or his designee.

That said, the Chief Counsel, in 2006, advised that any standard fountain pen was approved. Ball-point pens would be considered on a case-by-case basis, and feather-quills were prohibitted:

https://goo.gl/SsAhv

Yes, of course, you need to use a pen approved by the Administrator or his designee.

That said, the Chief Counsel, in 2006, advised that any standard fountain pen was approved. Ball-point pens would be considered on a case-by-case basis, and feather-quills were prohibitted:

OK, this is really simple...just stay with me.

First, you need to find a high-tech device called a "pen". Then you open up your logbook, and make some scribbles in there.

:D

Nah, this is the computer age. Tap some keys and, voila!

Then if someone questions your hours you can say your hard drive failed. :yikes:

I know a guy who has a gardener who once dated the babysitter of a neighbor of a janitor that once worked at a FSDO....he said feather-quills were legal, as long as the ink was blue and all numbers were Roman numerals:dunno:

It has to be an IFR-certified (TSOed) pen, because 91.205(d). Choose wisely.

This was covered by a Chief Counsel ruling in 1961 that is not available on-line and no one has a paper copy.

Depends, are you in IMC or VFR?

Back