Annual requirements

Joshuajayg

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Joshua
So, when I send a photograph of my plane to the A&P IA who is two states over so I can get my annual signed off, are color photos required? How many megapixies are required in the photograph? I have a pinhole camera but it doesn't focus well. Does the N number have to be readable or can I just write it on with a sharpie? Lastly, does it have to be a recent photo? He never looks at the airplane anyway.

(Satire)

Last edited:
If you're worried that he might not sign it off, send a picture of someone else's plane and photoshop your N number on it.
Good call. Do the wings have to be in the right spot or do you think he will notice? I have a tripacer but there is a cirrus parked next hangar over and it looks okay. The wheel pants are a little muddy though.

Good call. Do the wings have to be in the right spot or do you think he will notice? I have a tripacer but there is a cirrus parked next hangar over and it looks okay. The wheel pants are a little muddy though.

As long as the N-number agrees, I see no problem. Suggest cleaning the wheel pants before taking the picture since washing the airplane is an FAA requirement as part of an annual inspection. (I heard that on the Red Board a bunch of years ago, so it must be true.)

i bet you get ramped soon! posting this joke is still bad karma

Last edited:
i bet you get ramped soon! posting this joke is still bad karma
They can ramp check my photo all they want :)

I don't think you actually understand what karma means. Maybe you really do, but pop culture seems to have romanticized it.

I don't know about doing an annual by looking at just pictures but by just reading this thread I bet a proctologist could do a few colonoscopies.

I just send a sketch on a bar napkin, in my defense I try not to get too many beer stains on in

Wait...Who doesn't have a color mega-pixel camera in their smart phone? It's 2016, right?

Maybe, I missed the satire in the OP...:cool:

just ask or a sticky to put in your logs, no picture required

You guys in Alaska get away with all kinds of stuff though.

Though I may get the snowy tundra of Alaska, I'm in a state that is politically and freedom wise, sadly a long ways from AK or American values.

Though I may get the snowy tundra of Alaska, I'm in a state that is politically and freedom wise, sadly a long ways from AK or American values.
Ah, figured you were still in the northern frontier. Seems like you really liked it there.

I don't need a picture, just send me a check. Plus, I'll give you a discount if you tell me what name and certificate number you want written on the sticker.

If you're going to go through all the trouble to Photoshop a photo, why not just photocopy last year's entry? Duh. :p

my old man is a television repair man, he has the ultimate set of tools, i can fix it...............

Back