Am I One of Those People Now?

Ha. My future son-in-law (sorry Ryan) experienced Limburger for the first time while we were at the cabin in New York. He couldn't finish the small piece he was given. I can't blame him though, it smelled like a combination of nasty feet and a cat box.

My wife says the same about hard provolone.

I welcome kids in my cockpit. I do my best to let them sit in my seat for a picture.
There have been times where I was too busy to accommodate though, as situations can arise where I need to have the floor.
It’s always required to check in with the flight attendant to ask to come to the cockpit. Usually not an issue, but they must ask.

Skyline is great but try White Castles.

Cheers
When I worked in Cincinnati a co-worker who was not used to the stuff ate a 5-way, a cheese coney, and a burrito before getting on a flight to Atlanta. Predictably.... Let's jus say it wasn't pleasant for anyone involved. He never would eat a Skyline again.

When I worked in Cincinnati a co-worker who was not used to the stuff ate a 5-way, a cheese coney, and a burrito before getting on a flight to Atlanta. Predictably.... Let's jus say it wasn't pleasant for anyone involved. He never would eat a Skyline again.

When I was interviewing for my job in Cincinnati I had dinner with a PoAer who no longer participated here, and he suggested Skyline to introduce me to a Cincinnati tradition.

That was the only time I ever ate there.

When I was interviewing for my job in Cincinnati I had dinner with a PoAer who no longer participated here, and he suggested Skyline to introduce me to a Cincinnati tradition.

That was the only time I ever ate there.
It's an acquired taste. ;)

Or I guess these days we say "build up to it slowly as you will acquire immunity". :D

Whew! When I read that thread title I thought you had bought a Tesla.

Yeah, no. I live in the middle of nowhere, for starters. Second, even the least expensive car is two full years' salary...and I don't care enough about being environmentally friendly, I guess. LOL

Sweaty palms

Airplane-movie-with-the-autopilot.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t remember my first cockpit tour. I was always surrounded by it so maybe nothing really stuck out to me. 2 years ago I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise and I’ve always wanted to check out the bridge but they wanted to charge $150 for a tour! The captain’s gala was the next night and I wanted to say to him, “ I never charge for people so see my flight deck!”:D

Well, you do get more than just a tour of the bridge for that $150. I agree, $150 for that tour is a bit pricey, and I have taken it. Now, there are often viewing areas above and behind the bridge that allow you to see what is going on (and they are free).

I was sitting in the rear row of a corporate shuttle (ERJ-135) from HIO to IWA a number of years ago (I retired from that company over 5 years ago) while wearing an AOPA ball cap and reading the magazine when the pilot came aft to use the head. When he came out he stopped to talk a bit about planes. I commented that HIO was below minimums when we departed so I was curious what they would have done if we had lost an engine on takeoff. He told me that the ERJ-135 would climb at 900 fpm on one with a full load, so no problem. Plus, we would have diverted to PDX which was well above minimums. A couple other stories about the 135 and then he had to go back to his job.

I stuck my head in the cockpit of a Horizon Q400 after we arrived at SEA from PUW one time as I was curious if they had the same problem talking to Seattle Center from the ground at PUW as I did in a Cessna or Piper. They did, as well, so you just take off VFR and contact them once you are airborne. Nice talking to other pilots about common issues.

Scanner threat logic is always fun to play with. Scrapple looks explosive, I learned last month.
Toddler step stools look interesting too, as it turns out.
IMG_2679.jpg

Back