Alex Trebek Dies at 80 years old

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
Having grown up with him on TV... RIP

Yeah. He was a fixture around my house. One of the few tv shows my dad liked to watch. I remember one year he called me all cracked up because Alex and Pat from wheel of fortune swapped jobs for April fools.

Yeah, no scandal, nice guy, good long run, but not the way to go.

Damn.. he was one of the good ones. Poor guy

How'd you get all those Canadian productions when you don't have an iPad in the airplane? :eek:;)

Awh! I hate to hear this!

:(

Yeah. He was a fixture around my house. One of the few tv shows my dad liked to watch. I remember one year he called me all cracked up because Alex and Pat from wheel of fortune swapped jobs for April fools.

This is Jeopardy!

What are the three most frightening words to a "Wheel of Fortune" fan?

:D

(Edited to meet the format requirements)

Pancreatic cancer is a killer, got RBG and Steve Jobs as well. Jeopardy existed before Trebeck, my hope is it continues without him.

My uncle died of pancreatic cancer. By the time he noticed the growth (from the feel of it) it was inoperable. That's apparently very common with pancreatic cancer.

What is "a class act"? Alex.

Trebek was the host for the modern version of Jeopardy. The previous incarnation of it lasted from 1964 to 1975, hosted by Art Fleming. Art Fleming died of pancreatic cancer as well but two decades after his version of the show went off the air. He was asked by producer Merv griffin to come back for the later version, but he declined which led to Trebek being chosen.

And more https://ew.com/tv/alex-trebek-tv-movie-appearances/

Pancreatic cancer is also what killed my dad. Surgery, chemo and radiation, he died about 18 months after he was diagnosed. He was 82 when he passed away. I'll always miss him, and I'll miss Alex Trebek as well. RIP.

Back