Ahhh crap....

Henning, in addition to visiting with the two friends you mentioned, you really ought to consider taking Diana up on this. From what I know of Diana and Tom, this would be fantastically theraputic for someone in your "condition".

Nobody, but NOBODY, will make you feel more at home than Tom and Diana. The farm would be a great place to catch your breath. I'd be happy to fly the leg from the farm toward the east and the pig roast (in the Bonanza, not the Extra :D )

Wow between the invitations for a stay on Tom and Diana's farm. Over the top acro with Chip, Texas BBQ, a NC pig roast , The Wings Fly B Q , Gastons and perhaps 6Y9er Henning will be so busy he will have forgotten that he was ever in Australia. But ain't that just like this board. Many great friends who have never met.

Hey Henning. Sounds like a bum deal. I've made a few business trips to Australia and know of what you speak. If Atlanta makes sense in your routing, I'd be glad to get you down to Orlando or other points in FL.
And I hope too that your new endeavors here allow you to make Gastons.

Wow. That sucks. It's also really, really spooky. You see, I'm also planning to move home from New Zealand because my wife recently announced she fell in love with somebody else. In her case it's her married boss (he even has a kid, but thankfully we don't). We'd been together 13 years, and I'm only 32. Anyway, guess where they were when they decided they'd fallen in love? Brisbane!

Couples: Our extremely large sample size and experimental study has indicated that staying away from Brisbane would be a really, really good idea. <snip>

Chris

Wow, Chris, sorry to hear you're going through this too. 13 years is a long time... hang in there buddy.

Nobody, but NOBODY, will make you feel more at home than Tom and Diana. The farm would be a great place to catch your breath. I'd be happy to fly the leg from the farm toward the east and the pig roast (in the Bonanza, not the Extra :D )

I'll second that. Tom and Diane took excellent care of me when I stopped by. Heck if the job offer is open after Gaston's I may apply.

If I have my medical back in time we can take the T28 to Vegas, we might even be able to get your head back into flying. It ain't an Extra, but it has it's good points.

Joe

Last edited:
Well, I just had an extremely s**tty night. My girlfriend of 3 years just returned from a two week art class and announced that she had fallen in love with someone else and was leaving. sigh... Well, looks like I'll be coming home.
Wow, must be catching 'round here :dunno: For me...this morning. Only five months though. Sigh.The rest of you better look out! Henning, maybe I can move to Australia and you can come back home. I'd sure love to be on the other side of the earth right now...:( My emoticons fail me right now, I know you must know how I feel?!? Maybe...
eusa_wall.gif
or just :vomit:

Last edited:
Anyway this is not about my paltry problems, it is about you guys. Good luck, men.

Last edited:
Henning, that stinks. But you've got a great bunch of offers of help here. If you wind up coming through the PNW (wouldn't make a lot of sense coming from OZ), you've got an invite for dinner here, too.

Geez, Richard and Chris and Henning - is it something in the dang water??? Hang in there you guys - we're thinking about ALL of you!

(...nervously looking towards the back of the house where my wife is ...)

Wow between the invitations for a stay on Tom and Diana's farm. Over the top acro with Chip, Texas BBQ, a NC pig roast , The Wings Fly B Q , Gastons and perhaps 6Y9er Henning will be so busy he will have forgotten that he was ever in Australia. But ain't that just like this board. Many great friends who have never met.

Adam,

We've all met before. We've met aviation lovers like us at little podunk airport fly-ins and we've met 'em sitting in fancy FBOs at delta, charlie and bravo airpatches. We've taken each other up for a ride when the other's ride was down for TBO or annual and we've grabbed a tow-bar or strut and helped push/pull a bird from or to the hanger.

We've swapped tales over a FBO cheeseburger or enchilada; we've given advice on what's the best route to fly on the next leg of our long XC when the other of us ain't never flown it before. We've offered rides to town when we've been stranded at an FBO at closing time and we've offered our cell phones when the other of us lost ours or the battery was run down.

And so on.

We've all met before. We just ain't never laid eyes on each other.

Regards.

-JD

I am in the St.Louis area and can make arrangements for you to get your BFR here at UUV. My 172 is yours to use and I have a CFI bud who owes me a favor or two so we can get it done at no charge to you. I can also do a leg of your trip to FL as well if need be.
Just say the word and its yours.

Wow, nice offer, we'll see how it goes. I have friends in St.Louis (duh, I grew up there) that I wouldn't mind visiting, but I remember February in StL well....bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Wow, must be catching 'round here :dunno: For me...this morning. Only five months though. Sigh.The rest of you better look out! Henning, maybe I can move to Australia and you can come back home. I'd sure love to be on the other side of the earth right now...:( My emoticons fail me right now, I know you must know how I feel?!? Maybe...
eusa_wall.gif
or just :vomit:

Bummer eh? For me it's it's a combo of all three and some I haven't seen emoticons for, sigh.... Well, on the upside, I'm losing the few extra pounds I was carrying. Nothing like not being able to eat for losing weight. Wish you the best bra...:cheerswine:

Last edited:
Bummer eh? For me it's it's a combo of all three and some I haven't seen emoticons for, sigh....

I think a flamethrower emoticon I saw you use once might be appropriate.

Or better yet...
eusa_boohoo.gif
is about right according to my friends and coworkers :lightning: With friends like these...

BTW we need an emoticon for "sigh."

I'll second that. Tom and Diane took excellent care of me when I stopped by. Heck if the job offer is open after Gaston's I may apply.

If I have my medical back in time we can take the T28 to Vegas, we might even be able to get your head back into flying. It ain't an Extra, but it has it's good points.

Joe

Get...Your...Medical...Back...NOW!!!:D There would be nothing better for my soul than an hour behind the round. There's always something about the sound and vibration of a radial that eases the mind, coupled to a T-28.... ahhhhhhh

Last edited:
I think a flamethrower emoticon I saw you use once might be appropriate.

Or better yet...
eusa_boohoo.gif
is about right according to my friends and coworkers :lightning: With friends like these...

BTW we need an emoticon for "sigh."

Nahhh, I wouldn't want to flame thrower her, that would rob the world of what will be a famous artist, she is magnificent at it. One of the things I will greatly miss is watching her paint. She just got into Griffith University's fine arts program and they will help hone her skills. The funniest thing is, I bought her her first set of oil paints which really allowed her ability to bloom and got her believing she could make it as an artist and to pursue that. She can put paint on canvas with a skill I have never seen before. I also sent her to the course where she met her "soul mate". It was a life sketching class, a skill she had not developed (she was painting from projected photos). She also had a bit of an issue with capturing the light which I would advise her on. In two weeks, she produced exquisite portrature sketches which captured the light perfectly. If she can keep her head together and finds a center and focus and most importantly, self discipline, she will be one of the great artists of the generation.

If anyone would like to commission something, she's AndiCrosser@yahoo.com .

So in the end of it, I set in motion the chain that got me dumped.... sigh... so much for being a supportive partner. <sobs quietly>

Last edited:
If you want to work around the farm while you regroup, we have LOTS of work to be done around here, including repairing machinery, and clearing trees at the ends of the runways.

Hmmmmm, last time I cleared trees and stumps, it involved dynamite (no cheaper or faster way to get rid of a stump and we had 10 acres to do). Do I get to use explosives? Blowing things up may very well tip the scales....:yes: A few days of mass destruction does the soul good. I don't know why, but there is just something supremely satisfying about blowing something the f**k up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Henning
Nahhh, that's ok. Hows the song go, "All my exes live in Texas that's why I make my home in Tennessee"? She ain't bad, just crazy.

A fine distinction, for sure. But a real one.

Yeah, that's one you learn early when your dad is Clinical Director of a State Hospital, and you are right, it is a fine distinction and sometimes it's hard to determine if it's one, the other or both.

Adam,

We've all met before. We've met aviation lovers like us at little podunk airport fly-ins and we've met 'em sitting in fancy FBOs at delta, charlie and bravo airpatches.
-JD
And we're easy to spot, we're the people who wander aimlessly around ramps just looking at planes and peeking in the windows, gravitating towards the old classic ramp queens. You can see reflections of them in their glory in our eyes.

Last edited:
Wow, Chris, sorry to hear you're going through this too. 13 years is a long time... hang in there buddy.

Thanks, Troy. I found out 2 months ago, and am doing much better now. It was a very rough first month.

I didn't want to hijack Henning's thread, he's in the worst part right now. I just thought it was very odd how many similarities there were in our two stories and that they happened so close together.

Chris

Nahhh, I wouldn't want to flame thrower her, that would rob the world of what will be a famous artist, she is magnificent at it. One of the things I will greatly miss is watching her paint. She just got into Griffith University's fine arts program and they will help hone her skills. The funniest thing is, I bought her her first set of oil paints which really allowed her ability to bloom and got her believing she could make it as an artist and to pursue that. She can put paint on canvas with a skill I have never seen before. I also sent her to the course where she met her "soul mate". It was a life sketching class, a skill she had not developed (she was painting from projected photos). She also had a bit of an issue with capturing the light which I would advise her on. In two weeks, she produced exquisite portrature sketches which captured the light perfectly. If she can keep her head together and finds a center and focus and most importantly, self discipline, she will be one of the great artists of the generation.

If anyone would like to commission something, she's AndiCrosser@yahoo.com .

So in the end of it, I set in motion the chain that got me dumped.... sigh... so much for being a supportive partner. <sobs quietly>

Henning,

If you really want to find out the quality of a person, you need to examine their behavior at the worst of times. It's easy to be a good person when things are going well, far harder when your world is falling down around your ears. The love, tenderness, and understanding towards Andi that your posts show, even in the midst of the deep pain that she has caused you, show what a remarkable man you are. The outpouring of love and support from this community also shows how respected and valued you are here. We're all rooting for you.

Chris

Henning,

If you really want to find out the quality of a person, you need to examine their behavior at the worst of times. It's easy to be a good person when things are going well, far harder when your world is falling down around your ears. The love, tenderness, and understanding towards Andi that your posts show, even in the midst of the deep pain that she has caused you, show what a remarkable man you are. The outpouring of love and support from this community also shows how respected and valued you are here. We're all rooting for you.

Chris

Thanks for the kind words, I wish I felt remarkable....:(

Sorry you're hurting. Big hug. Since there is no logical way for your trip to bring you to NY, I'll just blow a kiss your way as you pass by.

Well, I just had an extremely s**tty night. My girlfriend of 3 years just returned from a two week art class and announced that she had fallen in love with someone else and was leaving. sigh... Well, looks like I'll be coming home.

Henning, sorry for your pain. I know that initial gut kick is hard...

If your return travels bring you near Chattanooga, dinner, beers, and the guest room are on me.

Take care of yourself.

Henning, I'm very sorry for you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

DC isn't exactly on your path across the country (unless you start thinking like a bureaucrat). BBQ around here stinks, too. But if Fate sends you this way on your grand tour, give a holler. Maryland crabcakes aren't bad...

Regards,
Joe

If there is anything I can ever do let me know. If you do get up this way I'm sure I can fly a leg. I know what you are feeling--except I'm sure mine was 1/100th of the magnitude.

We would love to have you at Gastons.

Richard, Henning: What is WRONG with these women? Haven't met Henning, but I have met Richard--Richard, whoever she is, she's a loser. So there. (Don't tell me it was one of those women I met in Anchorage!)

Henning, never met you, but I have had a crush on you ever since you started using that avatar (don't tell my husband!). You MUST take Diana and Tom up on their offer. I had dinner with Diana last year (or the year before? how time flies). She's wonderful.

Actually, all the people I've met from this board are wonderful. You really can't go wrong as long as you visit someone, anyone, preferably large numbers of anyones.

This, too, shall pass.

Judy

Richard, Henning: What is WRONG with these women? Haven't met Henning, but I have met Richard--Richard, whoever she is, she's a loser. So there. (Don't tell me it was one of those women I met in Anchorage!)

Henning, never met you, but I have had a crush on you ever since you started using that avatar (don't tell my husband!). You MUST take Diana and Tom up on their offer. I had dinner with Diana last year (or the year before? how time flies). She's wonderful.

Actually, all the people I've met from this board are wonderful. You really can't go wrong as long as you visit someone, anyone, preferably large numbers of anyones.

This, too, shall pass.

Judy
Thanks Judy. Like Henning I find the fact that she isn't a loser just makes it harder I guess. At least I don't need to move continents like Henning or Chris, but it still smarts. (No, it wasn't one of the women you spent time with on the roof ;) )

Henning, Chris, Richard - I'm sorry you are going through this, I know how badly it sucks! If we're ever in the same town dinner is on me. (the towns I'm in tend to change from time to time!)

This, too, shall pass.

Judy

Thanks Judy, I'm flattered and don't worry, I can keep a secret. The worst part is I could see the future and it was good, now I see none.

I also sent her to the course where she met her "soul mate". It was a life sketching class, a skill she had not developed (she was painting from projected photos).
There is not the first doubt in my mind that SHE SHOULD PAY YOU BACK WHAT YOU SPENT ON THAT DAMNED COURSE!!

Anything less is dishonorable. :(

Thanks Judy, I'm flattered and don't worry, I can keep a secret. The worst part is I could see the future and it was good, now I see none.
That's just a trick of the light, right now, buddy - it's like those funny patterned pictures that doesn't look like anything, until all of a sudden you see the wolf or elk in 3-D. You'll see it soon enough.

And maybe it doesn't feel so good right now (duh!:)) but feelings aren't the same thing as facts, and that, too, will come into focus soon enough.

It'll take longer than you want it to, but be faster than you thought it would be. And all you have to do is pay attention to it, and outlast it. ;)

That's just a trick of the light, right now, buddy - it's like those funny patterned pictures that doesn't look like anything, until all of a sudden you see the wolf or elk in 3-D. You'll see it soon enough.

I've never been able to see anything in those things...:(

Back