ADS-B... Yay, or Nay?

How will you deal with ADS-B?

• Fly aircraft with no electrical system.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Remain outside airspace that require ADS-B.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I'll comply because I have to.

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • I love gadgetry and look forward to more machines that go ping.

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smutny

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Smutny
Curious as to how many, like me, will seek routes to not have to deal with ADS-B mandates.

If I could get around it I will, likely I'll wait to see what's available closer to the 2020 mandate if required.

Willfully trying to get around it? Nah. Just pull the breaker and mark it inop if needed. LOL

My Pitts I'm going to move to Eastern Washington where I have a hangar and we fly most of our contests. No need for ADS-B there, and I can get to all my other contests I attend from there without needing it.

The Eagle I'm partnered in will need ADS-B, I don't foresee moving it outside of KSEA's 30NM veil.

However, since I recently sold my Cessna 172 share, all the airplanes I've started looking at to replace it are non-electrical so I don't have to have all my flights recorded.

Willfully trying to get around it? Nah. Just pull the breaker and mark it inop if needed. LOL

Wait, I thought the question was about whether or not people would get it installed, not for people who have it but don't want to use it.

Although there was that guy with the out-of state girlfriend...

Wait, I thought the question was about whether or not people would get it installed, not for people who have it but don't want to use it.

Although there was that guy with the out-of state girlfriend...

Technically it's a two part question I guess.

Are you going to find a way not to install it?

And are you going to find a way to mess up its primary purpose?

I hear those pesky serial cables from the GPS to the ADS-B device have a horrible tendency to wiggle loose and fall out when you're flying to meet your mistress. LOL.

P.S. One could call the need for an off board GPS source a bonus in the other thread about the new Garmin all in one. Hahaha.

I sold the airplane rather than spend money without getting anything necessary in return (I didn't have GPS, so ADS-B out would have cost more than half the value of my airplane).

I don't need no stinkin ADS-B!

I don't neither. Class C has always been for me an alternate, not a destination. Sometimes it's the alternate to my alternate. If I gotta go there, are they gonna tell me I can't?

Aren't there a few boxes out there that don't send out your personal info when you're squawking 1200?

Knowing government I'll bet they extend it. And extend it ... and extend it.

I'm not getting my panties in a wad over it.

I could probably get away without installing it as I rarely go into airspace that will require it. OTOH, I already have a WAAS gps and it seems like I can expect to be able to get the upgrade for $3-5k. If that comes with ads-b in and all those benefits I might as well.

Just got into compliance,only because weare being forced into it. If I had thought it over,I would have waited till2019. The way avionics are progressing.

None of the above. I'll install it because I think it improves safety.

USER FEES....:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Whaaaat?

Just because the privatization of ATC, fees for only a few "rich types" and the ADSB mandate are all GA is happening around the same time, why on earth would you think that :D

Back