A Company I've Always Admired, Chick-fil-a.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Cathy realizes the difference between expressing his views (which he's free to do either with words or contributions) and what is proper behavior. It's not like his stores are discriminating against LBGT customers claiming religion somehow allows them to do so.
Remember when this happened and there were LGBT protesters picketing Chick-fil-a stores around the country? It was summertime so many of the stores brought trays of free lemon-aid and iced-teas out to the protesters. THAT is the way to defuse a protest!

Remember when this happened and there were LGBT protesters picketing Chick-fil-a stores around the country? It was summertime so many of the stores brought trays of free lemon-aid and iced-teas out to the protesters. THAT is the way to defuse a protest!
Wow...sounds like the Chick folks are real haters......lol. ;)

Ah yes this tired old argument. The same one they made back in the 50s when interracial marriage was still illegal. It would destroy the fabric of the country they said. It was re-defining marriage they said, although knowing the demographics of aviation, they might well include you. They said the same thing when women started demanding their right to leave the home and be independent, to vote.

I will never understand why the older generations feel so threatened by my desire to marry my boyfriend. It must take a pretty sad life to be threatened by someone else's love. Thankfully the tide has turned and the older generations have lost. In 30 years we will look back on these days and view those who opposed LGBT rights with the same incredulity as we do now to those who opposed the end of Jim Crow.

False equivalency. Sexuality is a behavior, it’s not a race or gender. I’m guessing you were once part of the argument that said what happens in the bedroom is no ones business. Christians and conservatives were chided to stay out of peoples bedrooms. But now, if you refuse to celebrate, what has for centuries been understood as an aberrant behavior, you can have your business and livelihood taken away from you. (The baker and florist were victims of political witch hunts btw and the evidence confirms it). How does sexual proclivities trump religious rights? They don't without destroying the moral and cultural fabric that made America what it is.

IBTL!

We've got some pretty blatant Spin Zone posts in here. Let's knock it off.

False equivalency. Sexuality is a behavior, it’s not a race or gender. I’m guessing you were once part of the argument that said what happens in the bedroom is no ones business. Christians and conservatives were chided to stay out of peoples bedrooms. But now, if you refuse to celebrate, what has for centuries been understood as an aberrant behavior, you can have your business and livelihood taken away from you. (The baker and florist were victims of political witch hunts btw and the evidence confirms it). How does sexual proclivities trump religious rights? They don't without destroying the moral and cultural fabric that made America what it is.

IBTL!

Religion is also a behavior, and much more a choice than sexuality (I never chose to be gay, when did you chose to be straight), and here you are defending it to the hilt and saying your rights are being violated. African Americans were seen as slaves and non-humans for centuries, does that make it correct? Jews have been persecuted for centuries as well, does that make it correct? Just because something has been common does not make it correct.

Businesses are only being impacted if they refuse to follow non-discrimination laws. The same thing would occur if they refused to serve African Americans (whence all this came) or Jews. Sexual orientation and gender identity would not need to be a protected class (in some states anyway, it is not a federal protected class) had it not been for centuries of persecution by Christians, conservatives, and others.

Edit: Posted before I saw the post from Ted DuPuis. Apologies.

You choose to act on your homosexual desires. So yes, you do choose. Religion is an attempt to embrace the reality we find ourselves in, not reject it. Do you not find yourself frustrated that your wedding and marriage cannot bear fruit in the same way a heterosexual couple's can? Is that also religious conspiracy? Or is that part of the reality that you wish to jettison but can't?

Thread locked pending MC Review. Guys (and girls) I don't know why you try to change people's minds on the internet. It's just not going to happen either way. Watch this educational video and stop debating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back