93 Mooney listed on Trade-A-Plane

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Seems like a lot of Mooney aircraft, 93 listed on Trade-A-Plane. Is their some reason their are so many listed?

Is that an unusual number? Over 100 on controller, looks normal to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a lot of them have been hanging around for a while, overpriced, issues, etc...

there's a 126 172's listed on TaP, are we not talking about that #?

Pilots got old, got fat, can't get into the little mooney.

I just bought one myself. I thought I got a deal, it was never even listed anywhere.

Of course, I am only 5' 10" 185lbs and I don't intend to get much bigger and my wife is even smaller.

It has been my experience that it is hard to find a Mooney owner who doesn't love his/her plane. Mooney's are hard to beat for value ~ fly fast, burn less gas. Safe sturdy frames also make it safer. I love my M20F.

I'd be drooling over those 93 if my life weren't in limbo right now. Silly life. #mooneyenvy

I'd be drooling over those 93 if my life weren't in limbo right now. Silly life. #mooneyenvy

Well, here's what you're missing:
* cost of annual
* insurance payment
* hangar rent
* database updates
* fuel bill
* misc repairs (braked too hard, $320)
* pitot/static, transponder inspection ($350)
* Something's wrong with the side tone if two headsets are connected
* Sometime, soon, need new paint ($12-15k)

I'm not saying it's not worth it but some days, man... some days...

* cost of annual
* insurance payment
* hangar rent
* database updates
* fuel bill

No, I have all of that (my AI just went in for overhaul). My vehicle is just a lot slower. ;) I'd love to trade up right now, but have to wait for life to sort out.

* cost of annual
* insurance payment
* hangar rent
* database updates
* fuel bill

Ha that's all true whether Mooney Cirrus or Bonanza...

Mooney is only a small number built compared to 43,000 Cessna 172.

So 12,000 is a small number now? 172s get bought up by the numerous flight schools around the world, and many pilots buy what they know, so a big demand.

Most of those 172 s are grossly overpriced

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
How can you say that any particular type of airplane is overpriced when the price is set by the marketplace. The are worth exactly as much as a buyer is willing to pay, and obviously, many people are willing to pay the price (accepting the fact that many of them are marked up a little to allow negotiation).

How can you say that any particular type of airplane is overpriced when the price is set by the marketplace. The are worth exactly as much as a buyer is willing to pay, and obviously, many people are willing to pay the price (accepting the fact that many of them are marked up a little to allow negotiation).

Because you can compare capability to price (load, range, speed, comfort, etc). Let's face it, all the people who flight trained in 172s price em up as a certain percentage of people just prefer to buy what they know... it just means better values can often be had with other types.

Since when are listing prices a true reflection of market value? I missed that day in econ class apparently. Lol

Because you can compare capability to price (load, range, speed, comfort, etc). Let's face it, all the people who flight trained in 172s price em up as a certain percentage of people just prefer to buy what they know... it just means better values can often be had with other types.

But you just changed the argument. WannFly said 172s are grossly overpriced, You are saying there are better values out there.

You give the examples of "load, range, speed, comfort, etc.".
"etc." can include desirability. It matters not WHY they are desired.

Back