Mopauly

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Paul Steklenski
is the number of animals I've flown to new lives since May of 2015. Now, we are on target to purchase our own aircraft, hopefully in the next few months. A short video of pawsengers from this past year :)

Good for you!

If you ever find yourself in N GA, E TN or W NC and need logistics support, be sure to let us know!

PS - is it too late to adopt them ALL?

Way to go man! I need to get into doing PNP missions. Keep up the good work!

How many got named Piper?
Hmm.
Cool airplane names for dogs, lets see;
Clyde Cessna
Piper
Viking
Maule
Lockheed
Electra
Dakota
Mustang
Lightning
Ryan
Waco
Pitts
Thunderbolt
and for his kids Thunderbolt II
Bo (Only a Dr's dog though)

bless you....may your dog reward in heaven be huge.

Last edited:
And here I thought 520 was my Arizona Area Code, no, just kidding, congrats, what a great video!

'

Organization - I have no desire to own the aircraft as this is the only flying I do. Working on my commercial endorsement now, just for this reason :)

But since the organization was founded by you, you run it and you do the flying; the organization is basically you so the airplane would basically be yours. Maybe not in a strict legal sense but as a matter of practicality.

Don't get me wrong, I think flying dog rescues is a very worthwhile endeavor but you and the organization are basically one in the same and the flying does serve your flying interests as well as helping the dogs.

And by the way, commercial pilot is a type of certificate not an endorsement.

But since the organization was founded by you, you run it and you do the flying; the organization is basically you so the airplane would basically be yours. Maybe not in a strict legal sense but as a matter of practicality.

Don't get me wrong, I think flying dog rescues is a very worthwhile endeavor but you and the organization are basically one in the same and the flying does serve your flying interests as well as helping the dogs.

And by the way, commercial pilot is a type of certificate not an endorsement.

Exactly why I'm going for the commercial "certadorsement"; I do fly outside of this but it's nominal; I still may need to get an operators cert, not completely sure yet as need to revisit the discussion with my local FSDO, who has been very supportive thusfar. Once we have an aircraft I'll be paying the non-profit an hourly operating cost out of my pocket. No free rides. I spend $10k+ out of my pocket doing this every year, I'm all in.

Ultimately it would be nice to have other pilots included however insurance is the limiting factor based on hours required.

Back