2024 Goals

I had a very cranky old Russian boss at the engineering company I worked at towards the end of my career. We helped design large buildings.

The company enacted a new HR policy (which my boss was not exactly on board with). During the end-of-year employee evaluation he was required to ask what our goals were for the next year.

In his heavily-accented demanding voice Albert asks, "Vot are your goals for next year!?"

In all seriousness I answered. "To be the last one fired."

Honestly it made perfect sense that if I was the last one fired I must be the most valuable.

Albert didn't see it that way as he exploded on me, "I can't put THAT in your employee file!!!". He was ****ed because he thought I was screwing with him.

I ended up giving him some nonsense answer for the file, but I still think my original answer was the best.

Funny thing was Albert got caught in a me-too thing (he had skated on thin ice for years) and was fired that year. I ended up taking over most of his job.

Goal achieved.

As for flying - try to rekindle my passion and not let the negatives detract from it.

1. Instrument rating. Several several years too late but life gets in the way as many here have experienced themselves. Plan is to get written done by Feb. and check ride by end of spring.
2. Buy a plane. Came awfully close this year but a costly pre-buy saved me some grief down the road. Was frustrated and disappointed as on paper it was a great fit for my needs/mission and I was hoping to have that plane for my instrument training rather than doing it through my club, but I learned a lot from it and certainly better than being stuck with a plane out of commission for multiple months and $10-20k in mx bills pending.
3. Fly 150-200 hours, whether in club plane or with aforementioned potential plane purchase. Multiple long cross countries in my plans (MA to FL and back, MA to MN and back, potentially others), also would like to make it to the Bahamas and up into Canada.
4. Get tailwheel endorsement and some aerobatic time.

Plan is for it to be a big year for me after having only flown about 100 hours since getting my Private about 5 years ago.

I usually don't do goals. But I'll set one. To fly more in 2024 than I did in 2023. That should be easy, knock on wood.

I just finished up my Instrument and I’m scheduled to begin Commercial in January and then jump into Commercial Multi right after. Hope to have both completed by summertime.Ill probably work on CFI in the fall.

Commercial
Fly to outer banks
Air Force Museum
Oshkosh
Lock Haven Piper Museum (especially since the town is trying to close the airport)
Give me a shout when you come to KLHV. Even if I can’t meet up with you, I’ll try to hook you up with the director of the museum for a VERY robust tour! He is a WEALTH of knowledge about all things Piper and a member of the local pilots association.

More hours
Vacation destinations; back to Vero beach for longer stay, Galveston TX, Mackinac MI, Bahamas, and Alaska with a group of friends where we live.
Find someone to fly with when we go to Alaska in August.

I’d also like to go to Vero to the Piper factory tour. Which part of Alaska?

You guys inspired me to add a few more.

:cheers:

1) Get a First class medical
2) Get a paid flying gig
3) Fly to Miami again and the keys
4) Do an international flight involving customs
5) Flying trip to San Fran and Grand Canyon
6) Think about buying a multi, but then I need a bigger hangar and/or to sell the Arrow
7) Vero Beach Piper factory tour
8) Something NASA related (is there a tour or any ideas?) I’ve done all of the DC area stuff before
9) Lockhaven PA Piper Museum
10) Airforce museum (is this in Dayton?)
11) Oshkosh
12) Go to St Simmons Island + Jekyll Island again to eat the BBQ and bicycle around (any other recommended small towns?)

I’d also like to go to Vero to the Piper factory tour. Which part of Alaska?

From what my bride tells me it’s a cruise leaving Seattle. We are waiting to see the itinerary our group puts together. I’ll need time for flying while I’m there.

From what my bride tells me it’s a cruise leaving Seattle. We are waiting to see the itinerary our group puts together. I’ll need time for flying while I’m there.
When we did the Alaska cruise, I tried to meet up with @AKBill in Juneau, but unfortunately, our schedules didn’t line up.

Fly and instruct for another year.

Enjoy every flight and every learner.

Maintain my 100% pass rate.

Find and install a low time IO-320 to replace my current engine.

Refurbish my Kato propeller.

Learn to better operate my printer and my Go Pro camera.

Learn to make less of a mess when I change oil in my aircraft.

Attachments

• 7 right on altitude and airspeed.jpg
    7 right on altitude and airspeed.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 1s.jpg
    1s.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 10
- 200+ hours
- 15 hours actual IMC
- Maintain all my currencies without lapse: pax, night, IFR
- 4+ long XC trips (4+ hrs or 500+ nm one way)
- 6+ fly-in gatherings/meals
- Commercial

- Bonus: Bahamas trip
- Double bonus: Alaska trip

- 200+ hours
- 15 hours actual IMC
- Maintain all my currencies without lapse: pax, night, IFR
- 4+ long XC trips (4+ hrs or 500+ nm one way)
- 6+ fly-in gatherings/meals
- Commercial

- Bonus: Bahamas trip
- Double bonus: Alaska trip
Yes to Alaska!!

You guys inspired me to add a few more.

:cheers:

1) Get a First class medical
2) Get a paid flying gig
3) Fly to Miami again and the keys
4) Do an international flight involving customs
5) Flying trip to San Fran and Grand Canyon
6) Think about buying a multi, but then I need a bigger hangar and/or to sell the Arrow
7) Vero Beach Piper factory tour
8) Something NASA related (is there a tour or any ideas?) I’ve done all of the DC area stuff before
9) Lockhaven PA Piper Museum
10) Airforce museum (is this in Dayton?)
11) Oshkosh
12) Go to St Simmons Island + Jekyll Island again to eat the BBQ and bicycle around (any other recommended small towns?)
Good thing Katamarino didn't post (Round the World)

Back