2015 Wings of Hope Raffle

If you want to follow in the foot steps of us previous winners, feel free to win it this year! :) I'll be buying tickets again this year, just to warn you.

But now I'm waiting for the feds to debit what I owe them as a result of last year... Still a cheap way to get a great airplane!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think it was the year before. When I got my notification, I sent him a metric ton of PMs with questions!

Now that I know you can actually win the plane,I'll be in this year.

What plane is it this year ?

They will announce it on the 1st

The email I got described it:

1972 Cessna 172L
IFR Equipped, Autopilot, Garmin GNC 300XL GPS
Great Paint, STOL Kit, Rosen Sun Visors

whoop. Yup, there it is

raffle%20aircraft%201%202.jpg

I bet Eren will like her new plane......:yes::yes::)..........:D

Maybe. She wants a 172 and her only real requirement for owning a plane is "That there be at least one "niner" in the tail number somewhere"

Maybe. She wants a 172 and her only real requirement for owning a plane is "That there be at least one "niner" in the tail number somewhere"

Oooohhhhhh.....buy mine! Ninner-three Zulu sounds so cool on the playbacks....like fight pilot-ish!! :yes:

Oooohhhhhh.....buy mine! Ninner-three Zulu sounds so cool on the playbacks....like fight pilot-ish!! :yes:

She says I have to find another job before purchasing anything.
Stupid Logic & reasoning :sad:

So bottom line, how much of a financial hit is it to actually win and keep the plane?

So bottom line, how much of a financial hit is it to actually win and keep the plane?
Income taxes to the feds, any state/local taxes you may be liable for, and typical fixed costs... insurance and parking dependent on the area, inspections on your mechanic.

From the website.
Plane Specifications

Cessna 1972 172L

Reg #: N19630 Engine: 0-320 with only 124 hours SMOH (2,000 hour TBO)
Exterior/Interior Great paint, STOL Kit, Rosen Sun Visors Annual Date: NEW ANNUAL Additional Info: IFR Equipped, Autopilot, Garmin GNC 300XL GPS
Grand Prize: Cessna 1972 172 L + A PPL or Advanced Training Scholarship
2nd Prize: a PPL or Advanced Training Scholarship

Raffle ends june 30, 2015 or when 3000th ticket is sold.

On the scholarships:
Grand Prize: This scholarship can be used at any FAA Approved Flight School, and is for the minimums required by the FAA to receive your license. If you flunk, or need more instruction, additional services are not included. If you choose to use the Scholarship yourself, it does not include the cost of airplane rental because you obviously, now have your own airplane! If you choose to give the Scholarship away, then it would include rental of a two-place aircraft only. If you already have a private pilot license you can apply the value towards an advanced certificate.

Second Prize:
The Second Prize is another fully paid scholarship to obtain your Private Pilots License and this Scholarship includes the plane rental. You may apply the cash value towards any other rating.

In BOTH Prizes, you can use your Scholarship towards a more advanced License (IFR, Commercial, etc). So even if you have a PPL – you can use the prizes! Each Scholarship has a Cash Value. If you wish to use the Scholarship portion of the prize to obtain a more advanced license, that is OK with us. The Cash Value of the Scholarship for the 1st prize is $3,500 and the Cash Value of the Scholarship for the 2nd Prize is $5,500. And NO we will not give you the cash or split the Cash Value for training among more than one student – we will arrange to purchase whatever packaged training would be available at your chosen FAA Approved Flight School/Instructor for a more advanced license, but only up to the Cash Value of whichever Scholarship you have won.
1 ticket $50
3 tickets $125

Assuming all tickets are sold.
(1) $50 for 1:3000 ,
(3) $125 for 1:1000 ,
(2x3) $250 for 1:500
(4x3) $500 for 1:250

My math could be wrong.... but either way the odds are pretty decent.

From the website.

On the scholarships:

1 ticket $50
3 tickets $125

Assuming all tickets are sold.
(1) $50 for 1:3000 ,
(3) $125 for 1:1000 ,
(2x3) $250 for 1:500
(4x3) $500 for 1:250

My math could be wrong.... but either way the odds are pretty decent.

Basing the average price of each ticket at 45 dollars,, and all 3000 get sold... The people putting on the raffle will make out pretty good ...

Plane is probably a 50 grand unit... total take will be 130,000.00...

80 grand is nothing to sneeze at.....:rolleyes:

Basing the average price of each ticket at 45 dollars,, and all 3000 get sold... The people putting on the raffle will make out pretty good ...

Mine was valued by them at significantly less than that, fortunately. The value is only on the letter to the winner, though.

I keep buying these tickets for the benefit of my son-in-law. I could never convince my daughter to take an interest in flying, but I took him flying the day after he married into the family.

Even if you don't win, it's still for a good organization.

I could never convince my daughter to take an interest in flying, but I took him flying the day after he married into the family.

Why did you wait so long?? I take nearly anyone that wants to go.

Is it a 501c for taxes?

Don't get too excited ladies because I'm winning it :D

Think I was 12 tickets away from grand prize last year

"Basing the average price of each ticket at 45 dollars,, and all 3000 get sold... The people putting on the raffle will make out pretty good ...

80 grand is nothing to sneeze at....."

So if I buy all the tickets, I can win the plane? I dont see a downside..

"Basing the average price of each ticket at 45 dollars,, and all 3000 get sold... The people putting on the raffle will make out pretty good ...

You must work for the guvmint in the budget office....:rolleyes:;):D

It'd be a hell of a write-off!

I thought raffle tickets even from non profits are not deductible except as a gambling loss... but consult your own tax professional for i am not one.

Last edited:
I thought raffle tickets even from non profits are not deductible except as a gambling loss... but consult your own tax professional for i am not one.

No clue... but I also hadn't ever considered trying to destroy myself by purchasing $130k in raffle tickets for a $40k airplane :)

You assume the plane wasn't donated. Do we know?

Back