2013 6Y9 Fly in Amazing things Happen

el con

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
The Flied Piper
Well with a call I received from the Land owners Attorney and a nice conversation about 6Y9's use and the Fly In, I can announce that with permission ,In writing, I have the use of his property until the 30th of Sept.
Sooooo----

The Fly In is back on!!!!!

The Attorney suggested we continue conversations on land purchase in the future and would help promote that with the landowner as it sounds like a good cause.

This is temporary and there is work to do in the future, but as I mentioned in my first post----
Amazing things can and do sometimes happen.
Now please ,online, everyone who bashed the land owner and his attorney say your sorry:yes:

Has anyone seen the end of the movie "It's a wonderful life"
I watch it every year,it is my favorite.
I feel like Jimmy Stewart, at least until Oct,1st.:wink2:

Surround yourself with good friends and good people and do good deeds----
and just sometimes amazing things happen.
Thank you all for being the good friends part of this.:wink2:

Has anyone seen the end of the movie "It's a wonderful life"
I watch it every year,it is my favorite.
I feel like Jimmy Stewart, at least until Oct,1st.:wink2:

Time to go attach a bell to the wind sock pole.

Out of curiosity, did you ever speak with the land owner (or perhaps now the attorney) about taking up flying or at least going for a ride? Come see the use of the property from your perspective?

The fact that you were able to get that done is an excellent indication that you may be able to get more progress in the future. Glad to hear that it's back on!

OK.. You can take the "Mr. Poopy Pants" picture down, now. ;) Kudos to the lawyer and landowner for being willing to work with you on the current situation.

Glad you were able to get things worked out, even if just for the short-term!

Time to go attach a bell to the wind sock pole.

Out of curiosity, did you ever speak with the land owner (or perhaps now the attorney) about taking up flying or at least going for a ride? Come see the use of the property from your perspective?

Yeah I thought
" Every time a Lycoming fires up ,an angel get's it's wings"
As we get further into it I may offer to take the attorney for a ride.
That will either hook him or drive him away depending on my landing at the time.:wink2:

Great News !

Executing a proper lease for the piece of property to the airport may help to shield the landowner from liability related to the operation of the airport.

Hmmmm...didn't I read somewhere that there were some who "always wanted to come" to 6Y9?

Jus' sayin':D:D:D

Great News !

Executing a proper lease for the piece of property to the airport may help to shield the landowner from liability related to the operation of the airport.

After the last phone conversation I think I'll be working on a more permanent solution such as an outright purchase.
Turns out the concern was "adverse possession" or squatter's rights sort of.
I fully understand.
There may now be an open door for a reasonable offer to purchase.
Now to see if I can drum up enough money:dunno:

Congratulations Brad, Diz and Ed for a great outcome to a stressful event.

I suggested whipping his ass...I retract that suggestion...:D

Last edited:
I fully understand.:

That is totally understandable on Mr Poopy Pants part. Glad to here you have it worked out at least for the short term.
You could put up a donation site to help buy the land. It might help the cost at least a little.

After the last phone conversation I think I'll be working on a more permanent solution such as an outright purchase.
I fully understand.
There may now be an open door for a reasonable offer to purchase.
Now to see if I can drum up enough money:dunno:

Reasonable concern. I understand you have made improvements to the land. Adverse possession claims are rarely successful, but I can understand the landowners unwillingness to get into any kind of litigation about it.

Good luck putting a purchase together. If that was doable, it would certainly put this issue to rest.

Surround yourself with good friends and good people and do good deeds----
and just sometimes amazing things happen.
Thank you all for being the good friends part of this.:wink2:

Amen Brad!

Ya see folks knee jerk never gets ya anywhere! I forsee a good end result! Good work Brad!

You've done what seemingly looked impossible to accomplish. Any chance I could get you to negotiate with my ex?:rofl:

Aww...man...that is indeed good news!

Put the skunk traps out and we'll see you in a few weeks!

...and, yes, that includes Buddy.

glad the low key approach worked - kind of what I recommended- we're not all knee jerkers around here

As we get further into it I may offer to take the attorney for a ride.
That will either hook him or drive him away depending on my landing at the time.:wink2:

Good point, better let me give that ride. ;-)

Wow!! It seems miracles do happen! <whew>

(Or maybe, it's just that reasonable things happen when people behave reasonably. Either way, it's great to read this.)

Ed, the sidnaw website still has "cancelled" splattered across the fly-in page...

....FYI

Yeah, I've had paying work to do this morning so far.

Better?

Last edited:
May be a bad time to ask, but is there any extension of the runway from the 2600 feet? Is that still planned for the west end?

May be a bad time to ask, but is there any extension of the runway from the 2600 feet? Is that still planned for the west end?

There's 300ish feet of overrun. You might need new gear if you go into it, but you will walk away.

Yep
300 ft has been worked on on the west end of 28. I've smoothed it out, actually roughed it in with my dozer. more work to do though. Most planes it may be a rough ride but probably not take out the gear.
Let's say I wouldn't try and taxi through that area.
I haven't had any time to work on it this year as it's been too wet in that area to get the dozer on it.

That is totally understandable on Mr Poopy Pants part. Glad to here you have it worked out at least for the short term.
You could put up a donation site to help buy the land. It might help the cost at least a little.

Time for a Kickstarter fund drive!

I didnt know if the future runway expansion to the west would somewhat solve the land issue to the east? Basically moving the runway to the west slightly, if a long term solution isnt reached for the east side? On another note, I appreciate all the work put into 6Y9, past and present. It is a neat little place.

The issue isn't runway length to the west. The issue is trees that are well off the end of the runway, but tall. We can lengthen all we want to the west, but that doesn't help at all for take offs that direction.

My take off roll and 50' clearance charts are less than encourging without a 5 to 10 kt headwind

I was in and out of there with a 75 Arrow with AdamZ no problem. I don't think we were 2600' yet either.

Back