2008 Attendee List.

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
OK I AM IN ( LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2008)

Name ............Type ................Tail# ......................Home Field .......................................Camp/Indoors

AdamZ...........How ever I can get there....KLOM...............................................................Either is fine

Last edited:
Re: What's next?

Name ............Type ..........Tail# ..........HomeField.......Camp/Indoors

AdamZ......How ever I can get there.......KLOM.............Either is fine
GMascelli + ? ..PA28-181.....N28679........KILG..............Still looking

I still can not land on grass, club rule. Spending time at work looking for the nearest runway (paved). Everything looks to be 1.5 hours in either direction. Any suggestions ? :rolleyes: Besides getting the club rule changed, that won't happen.

We also have vacation scheduled the following weekend in North Carolina so I'm sure the Bride will not attend.

Last edited:

I still can not land on grass, club rule. Spending time at work looking for the nearest runway (paved). Everything looks to be 1.5 hours in either direction. Any suggestions ? :rolleyes: Besides getting the club rule changed, that won't happen.

We also have vacation scheduled the following weekend in North Carolina so I'm sure the Bride will not attend.

There is an airport NW of 6Y9 where I went to get fuel last year. It is right on the lake - you turn base/final OVER the water, short final over the beach and a 2-lane highway, then touchdown on the nice asphalt runway. It was near enough to be accessible for someone to shuttle you(ya'll) back and forth as necessary. Can't remember the name of it.. heck, I don't think I could even pronounce it when I was there... but that should give you an area to look in.

Edit: Found it: OGM - Ontonagon.

Last edited:

Troska............7ECA...........N50437........KOEO............Camp

Troska............7ECA...........N50437........KOEO............Camp
Tony/Leah.......C-182RG......N5274S........KAMW............Camp

Troska (sorry drawing a blank on your name),

if your 7ECA has autogas STC you can taxi it right to the pumps at the Sidnaw Mini Mart. been there done that.

[row][cell]Name[/cell][cell]A/C Type[/cell][cell]Tail #[/cell][cell]Home Field[/cell][cell]Camp/Indoor[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]AdamZ[/cell][cell]How ever I can get there[/cell][cell].[/cell][cell]KLOM[/cell][cell]Either is fine[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]GMascelli + ?[/cell][cell]PA28-181[/cell][cell]N28679[/cell][cell]KILG[/cell][cell]Still Looking[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Troska[/cell][cell]7ECA[/cell][cell]N50437[/cell][cell]KOEO[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Tony/Leah[/cell][cell]C-182RG[/cell][cell]N5274S[/cell][cell]KAMW[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Chris/Rachel[/cell][cell]Either 182RG w/ Tony or RV-7A[/cell][cell]N5274S or N277DL[/cell][cell]KAMW[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]

To add your info, copy the code below, insert your information, and enter in just before the "[/table]" tag. If you need to leave an area blank, simply insert a period between the "cell" tags for that area:

HTML:
[row][cell]Your Name[/cell][cell]Your A/C type[/cell][cell]Your Tail #[/cell][cell]Your Home Field[/cell][cell]Your accommodations[/cell][/row]

[row][cell]Name[/cell][cell]A/C Type[/cell][cell]Tail #[/cell][cell]Home Field[/cell][cell]Camp/Indoor[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]AdamZ[/cell][cell]How ever I can get there[/cell][cell].[/cell][cell]KLOM[/cell][cell]Either is fine[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]GMascelli + ?[/cell][cell]PA28-181[/cell][cell]N28679[/cell][cell]KILG[/cell][cell]Still Looking[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Troska[/cell][cell]7ECA[/cell][cell]N50437[/cell][cell]KOEO[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Tony/Leah[/cell][cell]C-182RG[/cell][cell]N5274S[/cell][cell]KAMW[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Chris/Rachel[/cell][cell]Either 182RG w/ Tony or RV-7A[/cell][cell]N5274S or N277DL[/cell][cell]KAMW[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Grant & Leslie[/cell][cell]C-T210H or C-182S[/cell][cell]N2207R or N7111W[/cell][cell]1C5[/cell][cell]Camp?[/cell][/row]

Figured I'd give this its own thread so it doesn't get buried....
[row][cell]Ted DuPuis[/cell][cell]PA-28-181 (or Honda VTX 1800 depending on WX)[/cell][cell]N3562G[/cell][cell]KIPT[/cell][cell]Either is fine[/cell][/row][row][cell]Grant & Leslie[/cell][cell]C-T210H or C-182S[/cell][cell]N2207R or N7111W[/cell][cell]1C5[/cell][cell]Camp?[/cell][/row]

To add your info, copy the code below, insert your information, and enter in just before the "[/table]" tag. If you need to leave an area blank, simply insert a period between the "cell" tags for that area:

HTML:
[row][cell]Your Name[/cell][cell]Your A/C type[/cell][cell]Your Tail #[/cell][cell]Your Home Field[/cell][cell]Your accommodations[/cell][/row]

Last edited:
I'm in! I'll plan on flying the Archer out, and possibly with Missa if she decides to come. If the WX is unfavorable, I'll ride the VTX out instead. Hopefully I'll have my instrument rating by then, though...

It looks like some people have started this on the other thread who aren't on here yet...

[row][cell]Ted DuPuis[/cell][cell]PA-28-181 (or Honda VTX 1800 depending on WX)[/cell][cell]N3562G[/cell][cell]KIPT[/cell][cell]Either is fine[/cell][/row]

I'm in! I'll plan on flying the Archer out, and possibly with Missa if she decides to come. If the WX is unfavorable, I'll ride the VTX out instead. Hopefully I'll have my instrument rating by then, though...

It looks like some people have started this on the other thread who aren't on here yet...

[row][cell]Ted DuPuis[/cell][cell]PA-28-181 (or Honda VTX 1800 depending on WX)[/cell][cell]N3562G[/cell][cell]KIPT[/cell][cell]Either is fine[/cell][/row]

Hum, what if I wanted to fly the archer out???? So what if you already have it on the schedule, I'll vote "no" on you taking it for a long weekend... WAH HA HA! :D Next year you will not turn down an club officer nomitnation!

Hum, what if I wanted to fly the archer out???? So what if you already have it on the schedule, I'll vote "no" on you taking it for a long weekend... WAH HA HA! :D Next year you will not turn down an club officer nomitnation!

Hmm... sounds like someone doesn't want to use the twin I'll buy to get her MEL, or get any rides in it. :rolleyes:

Figured I'd give this its own thread so it doesn't get buried....
[row][cell]Ted DuPuis[/cell][cell]PA-28-181 (or Honda VTX 1800 depending on WX)[/cell][cell]N3562G[/cell][cell]KIPT[/cell][cell]Either is fine[/cell][/row][row][cell]Grant & Leslie[/cell][cell]C-T210H or C-182S[/cell][cell]N2207R or N7111W[/cell][cell]1C5[/cell][cell]Camp?[/cell][/row]

HTML:

Ok this seems to be upto date.

I was on my way up last year when I had my "problem" with the mighty Apache. I will probably not try to go this year (bad karma?)
BTW, AOPA refused to give me renter's insurance. I got some from AVEMCO. Thanks, AVEMCO!
ApacheBob

Working on getting this setup for Kate...

[row][cell]Grant & Leslie[/cell][cell]C-T210H or C-182S[/cell][cell]N2207R or N7111W[/cell][cell]1C5[/cell][cell]Camp?[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Kate Bernard[/cell][cell]not sure[/cell][cell]N?[/cell][cell]79C[/cell][cell]Camping[/cell][/row]

Ok, there we go. :)

Last edited:
Is there a B-52 base or dry lake bed somewhere nearby where I could land my Tiger with the remote hope of taking off again?

:goofy:

12366 x 150 ft big enough for 'ya? Sawyer Airport (KSAW) is only 54NM to the east :D:D:D

Ex SAC base. they still have the alert christmas tree ramp there.

Is there a B-52 base or dry lake bed somewhere nearby where I could land my Tiger with the remote hope of taking off again?

:goofy:

We'll shut down M-28 west of town. Gives you about a 3 mile straight run. That should be enough to get you into ground effect right? :rofl:

We'll shut down M-28 west of town. Gives you about a 3 mile straight run. That should be enough to get you into ground effect right? :rofl:

OK, so I guess what you're saying is that if I keep it really light and minimum fuel I just might make it.

:D

X2 on Sawyer.

[row][cell]Kate Bernard[/cell][cell]not sure[/cell][cell]N?[/cell][cell]79C[/cell][cell]Camping[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Jay Maynard[/cell][cell]AMD Zodiac XLi[/cell][cell]N55ZC[/cell][cell]KFRM[/cell][cell]Indoor[/cell][/row]

I'm tentatively planning to be there, plus or minus work schedules. I'm not the camping type, but can manage an air mattress and sleeping bag. I do need power for a CPAP, though.

If anyone is coming from the Boston area....I'd love a ride.

[row][cell]Jay Maynard[/cell][cell]AMD Zodiac XLi[/cell][cell]N55ZC[/cell][cell]KFRM[/cell][cell]Indoor[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Peter von Tresckow[/cell][cell]Cessna 182[/cell][cell]N271G[/cell][cell]KMSN[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]

Well I just reserverd 271G for 6Y9 (provided Kent gets back in time from his west coast trip). See you all up there

[row][cell]Peter von Tresckow[/cell][cell]Cessna 182[/cell][cell]N271G[/cell][cell]KMSN[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]

It looks like we will not make it. Mary and I will be extending the NC vacation the following long weekend. Gastons and 6Y9 continue to elude me.

I have to work a little on that Saturday. But my plan is to be up there by the afternoon and if possible I would like to reserve an indoor room. Deluxe would be fine if there are no suites. ;)

[row][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]Cherokee 180[/cell][cell]N8838J[/cell][cell]KLNK[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]

I'm going to try to make it--no guarantee though.

Are we starting on Friday or Saturday?

Some of us will probably be up there on Wednesday or Thursday. Friday arrivals will not be an issue. All the main activity will be on Saturday.

And Gary, 6Y9 and Gaston's don't keep eluding you, you keep eluding them! :D

OK I AM IN

Name ............Type ................Tail# ......................Home Field .......................................Camp/Indoors

AdamZ...........How ever I can get there....KLOM...............................................................Either is fine
Please put the dates and location into the initial post for those people who don't know.

Please put the dates and location into the initial post for those people who don't know.
You'll see a bunch of trees. Look for the EAST-WEST road (there are only like 4 roads in the UP) and if you see a small spot where it looks like someone cut down the trees land there. That is 6Y9. You should be able to see Lake Superior at altitude as well.

Also, please, everyone make sure that you can safely operate your airplane in that amount of room before flying there. It is not that difficult of an airport--but it needs to be respected. Or else you'll end up a Christmas tree ordainment. For those of you that struggled with putting it down in Gaston's length, you'll want to practice.

Last edited:
Also, please, everyone make sure that you can safely operate your airplane in that amount of room before flying there. It is not that difficult of an airport--but it needs to be respected. Or else you'll end up a Christmas tree ordainment. For those of you that struggled with putting it down in Gaston's length, you'll want to practice.
I seem to remember watching you bounce a few times up at 6Y9. Or were you just trying to get in your three landing all at once ;)

:D :D

I seem to remember watching you bounce a few times up at 6Y9. Or were you jsut trying to get in your three landing all at once ;)

I never bounced, I just flared and shot up a bit. I either caught some wind or most likely flared too aggressively. Probably because someone had just told me on the radio that Tony crashed (he didn't. an attempt at a joke that wasn't funny). This tends to throw you off a little. I still was looking good with my remaining runway and stopped in less than most.

This is the video that Tony recorded and you can see that 'bounce' you mention.

Here is the video inside the cockpit on that same landing, right around 20 seconds is that bounce that wasn't a bounce. I never even touched the grass. As you can tell, my initial touchdown point was so early that it didn't matter.

Also, for those new to PoA fly-ins, any error you make will most likely be on video and posted at a later date :)

Back