2008 Attendee List.

I never bounced, I just flared and shot up a bit. I either caught some wind or most likely flared too aggressively. Probably because someone had just told me on the radio that Tony crashed (he didn't. an attempt at a joke that wasn't funny). This tends to throw you off a little. I still was looking good with my remaining runway and stopped in less than most.

This is the video that Tony recorded and you can see that 'bounce' you mention.

Here is the video inside the cockpit on that same landing, right around 20 seconds is that bounce that wasn't a bounce. I never even touched the grass. As you can tell, my initial touchdown point was so early that it didn't matter.
Isee a bounce there. What was it that Tristan was saying in the in cockpit video. Something like laughing and how she got that on tape, hmmm!

BTW I don't remember the Tony crashing thing, you're right that would not be funny.

Isee a bounce there. What was it that Tristan was saying in the in cockpit video. Something like laughing and how she got that on tape, hmmm!

BTW I don't remember the Tony crashing thing, you're right that would not be funny.
Bounce means you touched the ground--I didn't touch the ground. I simply pulled too hard on the stick and up I went. And yes, you can hear me say "I suck" as well. You're having fun with this, Mr. 6Y9 Go-Around master.

You can *hear* when the wheels touch the ground. You only hear that once.

Bounce means you touched the ground--I didn't touch the ground. I simply pulled too hard on the stick and up I went. And yes, you can hear me say "I suck" as well. You're having fun with this, Mr. 6Y9 Go-Around master.

You can *hear* when the wheels touch the ground. You only hear that once.
Better to go around than push a bad situation.

My first approach was great until that darn ultralight cut me off, had to go around, then when I set up for the next approach I was too fast for the short field we had at that time. I admit it. ;) :D

Just giving you some grief for fun there Francis ;)

Last edited:
Better to go around than push a bad situation.
Exactly, which is what I was trying to say above. Make sure you're comfortable before you go there and if you're going to go around DO IT EARLY. I've seen plenty of landings at 3M0 that would be fatal at 6Y9 if a go-around wasn't executed early. I just don't want to see something happen.

As far as the above--there was nothing scary about that landing. I messed up, fixed it, and landed, and taxied off with more than half the grass remaining. Sometimes they aren't as pretty as you'd like them to be.

Hmm Jesse vs. Scott Cage matach at 6Y9?????? I bet we could make a bundle selling tickets for that! :D:D:D

Hmm Jesse vs. Scott Cage matach at 6Y9?????? I bet we could make a bundle selling tickets for that! :D:D:D
Scott is just looking for more ways to boost his post count.

2575' usable now. Won't be published as such until spring since it's only 3 months till we shut it down for the year. And the trees are cleared back even farther now.

i plan to be there, with leah, chris, and rachel, on friday.as early as we all can get out of class and make the flight.

2575' usable now. Won't be published as such until spring since it's only 3 months till we shut it down for the year. And the trees are cleared back even farther now.

I thought you were saying this runway was short? :goofy:

2500' is fine... I landed and took off with 4 in the Archer at KBID which is about that length. And then took off, too! Let me see if I can con Missa into coming along with me. We can leave Friday after work (or better yet, take a half day), should be able to make it up there easily enough.

EDIT: Now that I've said the above, I'll have to do at least 2 go-arounds. ;)

I thought you were saying this runway was short? :goofy:

2500' is fine... I landed and took off with 4 in the Archer at KBID which is about that length. And then took off, too! Let me see if I can con Missa into coming along with me. We can leave Friday after work (or better yet, take a half day), should be able to make it up there easily enough.

EDIT: Now that I've said the above, I'll have to do at least 2 go-arounds. ;)

It's been getting longer every year. They've done a great job. I think it was a good 700 feet shorter my first year there. The biggest thing though has been all the trees they've dropped which gives you more room to climb on departure.

Yep, 2006 was 1800'. Was listed as 2000' but the first 200 was horrible.

That makes a lot more sense! :)

Around here we have a few 1500' grass strips that my instructor's made me fly into and out of. Those are lots of fun! That said, I always feel like my short field technique is rusty. I suppose I try to be my own worst critic.

its not really the length, its the trees at the end. last year in the 115hp citabria i was happy to have the 20 knot wind. this year i am bringing power.

its not really the length, its the trees at the end. last year in the 115hp citabria i was happy to have the 20 knot wind. this year i am bringing power.

You're bringing the 421? :D

Just to let everybody know.
If some of want to come but don't want to rough it , semi rough it , or listen to somebody else's snoring in Sidnaw,close by in Land'O Lakes Wi. you can fly in and stay at LNL. There's a motel that is walking distance from the ramp. May want to call ahead although I'm not sure what the name of the place is or the cost. I tried the airport manager to find out but got an answering machine.
They have fuel there also.
It's about 30 NM away.Short hop for sure.

I don't mind roughing it, am I good if I just bring the sleeping bag, a pillow, and a tent? :)

I can't think of anything else you would need. :)

ted, dont forget that case of wine that you owe me. a case of beer or bottle of whiskey would make a fine substitute as well.

What's going on for food, now that Mom's has closed? Leslie's been thinking about buying some camp cooking supplies, but I thought that there's no way we could bring enough food for everybody given our W&B and that we'd probably do something en masse again anyways.

ted, dont forget that case of wine that you owe me. a case of beer or bottle of whiskey would make a fine substitute as well.

Right! I still have the Gaston's case of wine, I'll make sure to pack that. :)

Just don't forget to bring that 421 you owe me, Tony. ;)

What's going on for food, now that Mom's has closed? Leslie's been thinking about buying some camp cooking supplies, but I thought that there's no way we could bring enough food for everybody given our W&B and that we'd probably do something en masse again anyways.

Mom is up at the cabin this weekend, but as soon as she gets back she has a schedule laid out that is going to go something like this:

Friday night for anyone who arrives we'll probably grab some stuff at the Trails End in town, and then probably have a fire over at the cabin.

Saturday morning is breakfast on your own, but we'll be getting the grills going at 11am.

Saturday evening is the hay ride and we'll end up somewhere where there's burgers, pizza, etc... (Hoppy's)

Sunday morning will be breakfast at the cabin or at the field if we bring everything over. Probably at the cabin though for ease of cooking the eggs and sausage and potatoes, etc... expect the griddles like Mom's had last year.

Sunday afternoon, Monday morning. - TBD. Depends what people feel like, who's still hanging around, etc...

I think that's what the plan is to be. Will know next week. If their isn't a ban on fires, Tommy's has milk, eggs, cereal, etc at the minimart.

Mom is up at the cabin this weekend, but as soon as she gets back she has a schedule laid out that is going to go something like this:

Friday night for anyone who arrives we'll probably grab some stuff at the Trails End in town, and then probably have a fire over at the cabin.

Saturday morning is breakfast on your own, but we'll be getting the grills going at 11am.

Saturday evening is the hay ride and we'll end up somewhere where there's burgers, pizza, etc... (Hoppy's)

Sunday morning will be breakfast at the cabin or at the field if we bring everything over. Probably at the cabin though for ease of cooking the eggs and sausage and potatoes, etc... expect the griddles like Mom's had last year.

Sunday afternoon, Monday morning. - TBD. Depends what people feel like, who's still hanging around, etc...

I think that's what the plan is to be. Will know next week. If their isn't a ban on fires, Tommy's has milk, eggs, cereal, etc at the minimart.

What!? No trail riding this year? Rachel will be very disappointed if she doesn't get some 4-wheeler time and find a mud-hole this time. ;)

Ha.. j/k.. Looks like a great time! Can't wait! As far as I know, Me, Rachel, Tony, and Leah are planning on arriving as early as the women will allow on Friday. :yes:

I assume the Saturday lunch is the big cookout with the townfolks?

One question -- who's gonna give 'red coat lady' her first airplane ride again this year? NOT IT! :no:

Oh, there will be ATVs. Unsure about mud, depends how much rain they get in the week prior.

What!? No trail riding this year? Rachel will be very disappointed if she doesn't get some 4-wheeler time and find a mud-hole this time. ;)

Oh, there will be ATVs. Unsure about mud, depends how much rain they get in the week prior.

Chris, I think you can be guaranteed either mud or dust. Reverse raccoon eyes either way. :)

kate you're still planning on coming right?

Well guys--I'm out. This will be the first one I've ever missed. Don't really have the time or money for such a trip right now.

Sorry to hear that, Jesse, I was looking forward to meeting you.

BUMP!! Come on folks Ted and I are comming all the way from the Keystone State!! We'd love to see lots more POAers there!!!!

So is this the latest?

[row][cell]Name[/cell][cell]A/C Type[/cell][cell]Tail #[/cell][cell]Home Field[/cell][cell]Camp/Indoor[/cell][/row][row][cell]AdamZ[/cell][cell]How ever I can get there[/cell][cell].[/cell][cell]KLOM[/cell][cell]Either is fine[/cell][/row][row][cell]GMascelli + ?[/cell][cell]PA28-181[/cell][cell]N28679[/cell][cell]KILG[/cell][cell]Still Looking[/cell][/row][row][cell]Troska[/cell][cell]7ECA[/cell][cell]N50437[/cell][cell]KOEO[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row][row][cell]Tony/Leah[/cell][cell]C-182RG[/cell][cell]N5274S[/cell][cell]KAMW[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row][row][cell]Chris/Rachel[/cell][cell]Either 182RG w/ Tony or RV-7A[/cell][cell]N5274S or N277DL[/cell][cell]KAMW[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row][row][cell]Ted DuPuis[/cell][cell]PA-28-181 (or Honda VTX 1800 depending on WX)[/cell][cell]N3562G[/cell][cell]KIPT[/cell][cell]Either is fine[/cell][/row][row][cell]Grant & Leslie[/cell][cell]C-T210H[/cell][cell]N2207R [/cell][cell]1C5[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row][row][cell]Kate Bernard[/cell][cell]C172?[/cell][cell]N2881Q?[/cell][cell]79C[/cell][cell]Camping[/cell][/row][row][cell]Jay Maynard[/cell][cell]AMD Zodiac XLi[/cell][cell]N55ZC[/cell][cell]KFRM[/cell][cell]Indoor[/cell][/row][row][cell]Peter von Tresckow[/cell][cell]Cessna 182[/cell][cell]N271G[/cell][cell]KMSN[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]

I'll make the updates to me:

[row][cell]Name[/cell][cell]A/C Type[/cell][cell]Tail #[/cell][cell]Home Field[/cell][cell]Camp/Indoor[/cell][/row][row][cell]AdamZ[/cell][cell]How ever I can get there[/cell][cell].[/cell][cell]KLOM[/cell][cell]Either is fine[/cell][/row][row][cell]GMascelli + ?[/cell][cell]PA28-181[/cell][cell]N28679[/cell][cell]KILG[/cell][cell]Still Looking[/cell][/row][row][cell]Troska[/cell][cell]7ECA[/cell][cell]N50437[/cell][cell]KOEO[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row][row][cell]Tony/Leah[/cell][cell]C-182RG[/cell][cell]N5274S[/cell][cell]KAMW[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row][row][cell]Chris/Rachel[/cell][cell]Either 182RG w/ Tony or RV-7A[/cell][cell]N5274S or N277DL[/cell][cell]KAMW[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row][row][cell]Ted DuPuis[/cell][cell]PA-28-181[/cell][cell]N3562G[/cell][cell]KIPT[/cell][cell]Either is fine[/cell][/row][row][cell]Grant & Leslie[/cell][cell]C-T210H[/cell][cell]N2207R [/cell][cell]1C5[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row][row][cell]Kate Bernard[/cell][cell]C172?[/cell][cell]N2881Q?[/cell][cell]79C[/cell][cell]Camping[/cell][/row][row][cell]Jay Maynard[/cell][cell]AMD Zodiac XLi[/cell][cell]N55ZC[/cell][cell]KFRM[/cell][cell]Indoor[/cell][/row][row][cell]Peter von Tresckow[/cell][cell]Cessna 182[/cell][cell]N271G[/cell][cell]KMSN[/cell][cell]Camp[/cell][/row]

I'm either coming in the Archer or I'm not coming. :)

We have some others coming that are not POA'ers
I sure hope we can do better than last year.
I'm not on the list,I see Ed's not on there, Tom and Hoover are coming in the RV-8, my cousin Mike in a Luscombe, maybe some people I met that have a Husky. Scott with his Kolb again. Hopefully a few more and we have the 20 from last year beat.

Back