the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

I tried to make a batch of potato donuts to celebrate the thing yesterday. They could be registered as a weapon. At least when I failed at making fudge for the first time, it was still delicious. WTH.

Back at work after a week off. I can confidently say work sucks and a week off is awesome.
You should try three months off. It’s in the category of insanely great.

And starting my new job in 20 minutes.

I think my local sportsball team must've done something successful. All my normie friends are posting pictures of them on Facebook.
Local? It's your alma mater. Silly farmer.

They won their conference tournament. But you probably know that and are feigning ignorance.

Local? It's your alma mater.
This much I knew

They won their conference tournament. But you probably know that and are feigning ignorance.

This I did not, and I resent the implication :biggrin:

So that's a big deal? That's nothing to do with the big "make a bracket" tournament, right?

All I know is the football team always sucks and the basketball team was really good one time in like 1989.

This much I knew

So that's a big deal? That's nothing to do with the big "make a bracket" tournament, right?

All I know is the football team always sucks and the basketball team was really good one time in like 1989.
This short video explains everything:

So I wonder... over 100 pages in this thread and I'm curious as to whether or not anyone's ever pointed out the grammatical error in the thread title :tongue:

This much I knew

Winning the conference tournament gives you bragging rights for a year and a guaranteed entrance into the Big Dance. It's a big deal. We got a sympathy bid to the NIT (little dance) since we are the reigning champs. We will lose in the first round.

We got a sympathy bid to the NIT (little dance) since we are the reigning champs. We will lose in the first round.
My apologies as you're a fellow aviator and we've not yet met in person, but I'd not be a true Redbird if I didn't sneak in a Buck Fradley!

Pt 91 PC12 training flight out to an airport. Right when we went to launch back to base the Chief Pilot says - it's your plane, and goes in the back. Felt more "solo" than my actual first solo.
Friggin cool. You got videos for us, right?

Do any of you have time to build an orphanage home? I received this urgent email today (strange I found it in my spam folder) but currently I don't have the time to help her out ... :rolleyes:

hello dear

I am Mrs Yu. Ging Yunnan, and i have Covid-19 and the doctor said I will not survive it because all vaccines has been given to me but to no avian, am a China

woman but I base here in France because am married here and I have no child for my late husband and now am a widow.

My reason of communicating you is that i have $23.3 million USD which was deposited in BNP Paribas Bank here in France by my late husband which am the next of

kin to and I want you to stand as the beneficiary for the claim now that am about to end my race according to my doctor.

I will want you to use the fund to build an orphanage home in my name there in your country, please kindly reply to this message urgently if willing to handle this project.

God bless you and i wait your swift response asap.

Yours fairly friend,

Mrs Yu. Ging Yunnan.

PS: Perhaps this should have been in the joke thread! :dunno:

Did one of y’all say hi to me on 122.7 this evening?

awesome start to Spring here in the Boston area... first time it's below 32 in a couple of weeks...

Do any of you have time to build an orphanage home? I received this urgent email today (strange I found it in my spam folder) but currently I don't have the time to help her out ... :rolleyes:

hello dear

I am Mrs Yu. Ging Yunnan, and i have Covid-19 and the doctor said I will not survive it because all vaccines has been given to me but to no avian, am a China

woman but I base here in France because am married here and I have no child for my late husband and now am a widow.

My reason of communicating you is that i have $23.3 million USD which was deposited in BNP Paribas Bank here in France by my late husband which am the next of

kin to and I want you to stand as the beneficiary for the claim now that am about to end my race according to my doctor.

I will want you to use the fund to build an orphanage home in my name there in your country, please kindly reply to this message urgently if willing to handle this project.

God bless you and i wait your swift response asap.

Yours fairly friend,

Mrs Yu. Ging Yunnan.

PS: Perhaps this should have been in the joke thread! :dunno:
I am interested in helping and have plenty of time. Can you send me the information to contact Mrs. Yunnan.??

Or at least help her/him with engrish...

:lol:

I am interested in helping and have plenty of time. Can you send me the information to contact Mrs. Yunnan.??

Or at least help her/him with engrish...

:lol:

I seemed to have misplaced the email from this fine China doll living in France ... :dunno:

I flew my airplane today. It was awesome.

There's a controller at St Louis Approach that is always grumpy. I got to have his lovely controlling today.

You should try three months off. It’s in the category of insanely great.

And starting my new job in 20 minutes.
I used to have a job that was only 9 months but paid for 12 months. No shift work, every week end off . A week off with pay at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter , and one hour a day for a nap. (Besides lunch break)
Best part was June,July and August were the months off.
After 3 years, tenure for life.
Had I stayed with it, retirement would have been 15 years earlier.

I used to have a job that was only 9 months but paid for 12 months. No shift work, every week end off . A week off with pay at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter , and one hour a day for a nap. (Besides lunch break)
I had close enough to that job back in the day. Tenure at 1 year and 1 day. I was working 80 hours a week those on weeks though and quit after 1 year.

You could ask him if his wife is always mean to him. If he says "yeah", you could reply with "Weird. She's always really sweet to me." See if you get a number to call...
The old Groucho Marx joke.

- Got any naked pictures of your wife?​
- No​
- Want mine?​

Dealing with the students can be quite the chore depending on the location, lol.

Back