the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Does anyone ever check oil in their cars before each drive? (Like we hopefully do before each flight)

Does anyone ever check oil in their cars before each drive? (Like we hopefully do before each flight)

Only if I have reason to believe it's been leaking. I also check it before any long trips. But my cars haven't exactly been spring chickens.

Oil? In a car? What does that do. (Note, electric car)

perhaps, but there’s no place to put it.

no user-serviceable parts...

doesn't your your electric car have hydraulic fluid?

(and cue the discussion of hydraulic fluid vs hydraulic oil)

Last summer I gave my bike to my neighbor

The Thanksgiving leftovers are finally gone ...

That ''Flying to Canada'' thread didn't last long.
Saw that. I thought it was still fine to cross borders unvaccinated, but you still needed a test and had to quarantine for x days? Maybe it’s changed now? I haven’t checked in a few months. I just don’t want one of those brain-scraping Covid tests lol. I’ll hit CYTZ when this get better.

The Google Fi commercial that plays over and over and over on YouTube is the most annoying commercial of all times.
No kidding. I get three or four different ones. I'm actually looking to switch phone providers.... I can tell you who I'm NOT considering.

Agree... Selling the world's personal information, and selling ads on top of it. And we continue to let them.

The Google Fi commercial that plays over and over and over on YouTube is the most annoying commercial of all times.

I don't follow... what commercials? are you using a smartphone to access youtube?

No joke. The funniest thing is that I get so annoyed every time it plays, I still don't know what Google Fi is.

Yes! It is extremely offensive. Half the time I back out of the video it’s preceding and just don’t watch it. If I must watch it I turn the volume down on that thing until it’s over. When content providers put the video on other platforms I watch it there, they don’t have that piece of garbage ad. I don’t like giving YouTube clicks anymore anyway. That ad alone is driving me away. Whatever Google Fi is I will never get it, just based on that ad assaulting my ears.

Never heard it till now. Yeah, I googled it. Wife said it sounds like Willie Nelson. Then said nah, voice is to young, but it it coulda been a young Willie. Further googling found he has a son and he's a singer. I hoped so much that it wasn't seed of Willie that did it. It wasn't. It's this dude.

https://zh-cn.facebook.com/julianve...-on-the-latest-google-fi-ad-/846429072671738/

It’s not so much the singer’s voice I have a problem with, it’s the song itself. It’s not a quality piece of music. Few ads are, but this one is uniquely odious.

If I must watch it I turn the volume down on that thing until it’s over.
Press M to mute (and un-mute).

It’s not a quality piece of music.
It's music?

re:ads in general.
No I don't have an ad-blocker. It's a lot of work to create a 1/4 way decent video and the content creators deserve at least a little bit of kickback.

I apparently have an annuity that is going to be a nice addition to the retirement planning.

Check back with all the companies you ever worked for. I worked for Sara Lee in the late nighties. Company was sold and is now delisted. But the company that bought it still had to deal with the pensions owed to former Sara Lee employees.

Didn't even know I had a pension benefit. Few companies do today, but decades ago many did, and you might find one with your name on it.

Training flight last Weds. Strobes--check. Rotating beacon--almost rotates. Electric fuel pump--nothing. Mechanic jumpers the switch--nothing. Whacks it with a wrench--nothing. Had the 'we can, but we shouldn't' discussion with the CFI and waited for another plane to return.

Been flying Piper Arrow loads and loads recently… re-upped my night currency in a C172 this evening. Since when we’re Skyhawks so pitch sensitive? First approach to landing was embarrassing - luckily it was dark out. I got it sorted by the next time around.

My kingdom for outdoor Christmas light strings that last more than one season (and/or won't go completely off if only one bulb fails)

I made the mistake of re-installing "Master of Orion" on my computer. The classic 1993 strategy game. Talk about wasting time.

One year ago today, I flew my first solo out of KIPT (Williamsport, PA). Since then, I've flown 78.6 hours, joined a club, got my Private, got to fly with my grandfather before he passed, and if all goes well will finish my instrument by the end of this year. It's been a wild ride, but I love every minute of it. So thankful to have had the opportunity to pursue this passion and glad to be a part of the PoA community.
Not worthy of its own thread, but felt like my 1 year since solo was at least worthy of a post somewhere.

Been flying Piper Arrow loads and loads recently… re-upped my night currency in a C172 this evening. Since when we’re Skyhawks so pitch sensitive? First approach to landing was embarrassing - luckily it was dark out. I got it sorted by the next time around.

I love how light and easy the elevator is on a 172. One finger lifts you off.

It's 30 degs here

Back