Daily Pic

It is. Wasn’t the blackbird able to fly coast to coast in just under an hour or something to that extent?

I remember it being a very impressive number.

Think it was under 2 hours, 1:50 or less. Unless I'm thinking of east coast to London. Going that fast it'd take a state or two to turn around I've heard.

Actually, it was 1 hour 4 min. and 20 secs. setting four speed records that still stand.

Boring some holes earlier today. :)
Wbaxszb.jpg

After becoming legal again to carry pax at night, I took hubby for a nightseeing tour over Century City, Downtown LA and a stop 'n go in VNY.

Oh, the horror! SE night flight! Very cool video. Love the city light reflections on the bottom of the wing and cowl. Hate what they're doing to your airport! Thanks for sharing.

I saw a Blackbird on radar once when I was TDY to the Naval base at Key West. About 3 sweeps of the antenna and they were gone. Fast gone.

I found a little Apache hiding behind the hanger last week at Kccr
73f827182585a080222228951555da5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was supposed to work on approaches in the plane last night but the guy before me putts along a 2200 RPM and got back an hour and half later than scheduled. So, I hit the sim instead. Here's a few pictures from my wait.

Anticipation...20180606_213826.jpg

Lotta UPS planes on approach
20180606_233358.jpg

What's this attached to a Comanche rudder?
20180606_223056.jpg

FRG-IPT. My first time flying in. Approach to 30 was beautiful with the mountain range to the left of the runway. Also got SEL night current a few days ago. Landings weren’t too bad!

HJDk0RQ.jpg

Got a nice surprise at work. My FO was a former instructor I worked with. We went from flying 172s to CRJs!

yBYkFIm.jpg

Got a nice surprise at work. My FO was a former instructor I worked with. We went from flying 172s to CRJs!

I know you hate this but I still think y’all look too young to be doing that. Hahaha. Ignore me, it’s the white hair talkin’. LOL.

Meanwhile, that is a very cool surprise. I bet you two had fun.

I know you hate this but I still think y’all look too young to be doing that. Hahaha. Ignore me, it’s the white hair talkin’. LOL.

Meanwhile, that is a very cool surprise. I bet you two had fun.
Get off my lawn;). It’s pretty funny that I’m in command of a 76 passenger jet but still get charged extra for a young driver fee when I rent a car. Or sometimes I can’t even get a car!

Last edited:
Get off my lawn;). It’s pretty funny that I’m in command of a 76 passenger jet but still get charged extra for a young driver fee when I rent a car. Or sometimes I can’t even get a car!

I get it. I had the same problems as a young field engineer. One time my boss chewed a rental agent out because the company was self-insured and that was on record with their rental company, and that waived the age limitations, but the agent was clueless and not renting me a car.

I can hear him yelling still today over the phone at the rental agent... “You see those two toolcases next to him? The equipment in ONE of those cases is worth more than your entire rental car! Just give him the damn keys and let him go to work! He does this every week!”

He was a Navy Submarine XO in a former life with an anger management problem he readily ‘fessed up to, but he was good to all of us field staff! Stupid people really set him off. Haha. I still remember when he came in with a broken hand and we all knew it was because he put it through a wall instead of even thinking about hitting his teenage stepson who was at that age where he wanted to push all of dad’s buttons and see how far he could go. LOL. I think it was my manager (the XO was the Director) who first said, “You need us to stop by and help you patch the drywall?” before he even told us what happened over the weekend. Hahaha.

Like a good friend of mine, when he went into law enforcement. He could shoot up the bad guys but had to get his dad to buy bullets for him...:lol::lol:

Great picture of the two of you, but sorry, the passenger with the WTH look on his face makes the picture..!!!

Great picture of the two of you, but sorry, the passenger with the WTH look on his face makes the picture..!!!

It’s not every day you see the Captain taking a cockpit selfie. Hahaha. You probably wonder, “Is this his first flight or something?”

You probably want to close the door if you’re going to do the photo booth thing... LOL LOL LOL.

E105138D-76F6-4711-81E8-37200EF9FD8B.jpeg
Return leg—Passing a few miles SE of Nashville, headed toward the house.
ED69C425-0561-4F4C-918E-9A8F68574E31.jpeg
Pretty nice line of convective activity that just moved through my destination airport.
11C55BF1-2420-49FA-A1E9-AA2726217FC8.jpeg

6/8/18

Attachments

• 249064DF-522E-4DEC-96F3-14887BC3E2D7.jpeg
    249064DF-522E-4DEC-96F3-14887BC3E2D7.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 36A97D64-774A-46A0-AFB4-DFDFE6F1CB13.jpeg
    36A97D64-774A-46A0-AFB4-DFDFE6F1CB13.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 7AF83849-E36B-4926-BA64-C619566F960D.jpeg
    7AF83849-E36B-4926-BA64-C619566F960D.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 1C8E7D02-7045-4C78-954B-BCDA1830B251.jpeg
    1C8E7D02-7045-4C78-954B-BCDA1830B251.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 42
Flew up the Taku River today. Pictures of the glacier and looking down Gastineau Channel at Juneau. 5 cruse ships in town today.
edit: There was a small strip the local tail draggers used at one time. It was at the base of the glacier. Had a picnic table off to one side. Folks would fly in, walk on glacier and have a picnic. Glacier advanced and the strip is gone now. That was a fun time...:)
IMG_1182.JPG IMG_1183.JPG IMG_1184.JPG

Last edited:
Billy Segalla dropped by GBR with his brand new Pitts.
It's so beautiful you can't look directly at it without melting your eyes.
BillySegalla.jpg
There was a 5 year old looking at planes with his grandfather out on he field. When Billy left, I walked them out to the edge of the runway.
He then proceeded to do an "airshow" take-off and pulled up into an aileron roll that almost made MY head snap off.

i-R4rgFjj-XL.jpg

Flew down to KPVC today to take the wife out for dinner. Overpriced mediocre dinner, but fun flight and fun town. The little pilots booth where they normally take the parking fees was empty, so I walked over to the "terminal". TSA lady didn't have a sense of humor about me walking across her imaginary line. She got really curt when I asked when the next shuttle bus to town was. Yes, Cape Air does fly in in there, but seems quite a bit overkill. So I walked around to the front of the building to pay the $10. Funny to watch the passengers go through a metal detector/full screening to get where I just was walking around, and anyone else can get to if they know the gate code.
Anyways, nice evening for a flight. Smooth air, little traffic.

Back