Steveo1kinevo FAA Investigation Closed!

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Woo hoo! Steveo1kinevo is good to go! FAA went after him for not keeping a "sterile" cockpit while flying under 10,000 feet in the Caravan. FAA has closed to investigation. They have no issue with anything he has done in the TBM or any other airplanes he flies.

All from his Live feed on YouTube now.

Ahh whatever I enjoy him! There was a thread here a while back regarding his FAA investigation, so I figure I would update those who care. Don't care don't post! :D

I wonder if this one of those "the process is the punishment". How much stress and $$ did he end up fighting something that ultimately was a nothing burger.

I wonder if this one of those "the process is the punishment". How much stress and $$ did he end up fighting something that ultimately was a nothing burger.

Yea no kidding

My guess is someone callled the Safety hotline on him so the FAA had to investigate. Sounds like it was resolved with a yawn.

A YouTube god bro.
You know what's really sad though, there are you tubers that make videos of themselves chewing food that put his view counts to shame. I kid you not, but I guess it's no surprise people will watch anything.

You know what's really sad though, there are you tubers that make videos of themselves chewing food that put his view counts to shame. I kid you not, but I guess it's no surprise people will watch anything.

Im going to use that phrase in my next seminar in FAA enforcement under the Compliance Philosophy. I was going to talk about it in terms of there still being ways to getcha, but now I have a catch phrase Thanks.

Edit: wow, just googled the phrase. I’d forgotten all about that book.

:yeahthat: OMG... I can't believe I watched that.......

I only watched about 30 seconds of her sitting there holding the damn thing with that freaking stupid look on her face before I had enough and stopped watching. Do people really get into these sort of videos?

Im going to use that phrase in my next seminar in FAA enforcement under the Compliance Philosophy. I was going to talk about it in terms of there still being ways to getcha, but now I have a catch phrase Thanks.

Edit: wow, just googled the phrase. I’d forgotten all about that book.

Where and when do you normally have these seminars?

Yay! Wait, I meant to type yawn.

I do them on a pretty inconsistent schedule at various Wings seminars. Sometimes alone, sometimes in a grouping. Next one will be at the annual Goldsboro (NC) Wings Event at KGWW October 14.

Hmm, a reason to go flying on a Saturday.

The Red Bull Air Races are in Indy that weekend and I was toying with the idea of going there but if I don't do that, I might just come to your seminar. I assume there'll be food. :)

I only watched about 30 seconds of her sitting there holding the damn thing with that freaking stupid look on her face before I had enough and stopped watching. Do people really get into these sort of videos?

You just got her paid by her advertisers by watching it. Congratulations.

You just got her paid by her advertisers by watching it. Congratulations.

I had auto play on, so ended up watching 15 seconds, wish I had back.

I can't believe YouTube wouldn't monitor how much video was played or transmitted and not pay unless some reasonable threshold was reached, like 50%.

Hmm, a reason to go flying on a Saturday.

The Red Bull Air Races are in Indy that weekend and I was toying with the idea of going there but if I don't do that, I might just come to your seminar. I assume there'll be food. :)
You know what they say about "assume." But since it'a an all-day event seems likely.

BTW, working title: "I'm the schmuck that landed on the taxiway."

all the ads on the side, the annotations that appear in the corner, etc... all that is advertisement. People make a living by posting stupid **** on youtube. The guy who is the subject of this thread also does it for the income. Might not be a lot, but its income. Why do you think there's a ton of people posting cat videos, cinnamon powder eating videos, nasty food challenges, etc? Because views = $.

I thought it was due to narcissism or a desire to be famous or at least known outside of their basement. :dunno:

all the ads on the side, the annotations that appear in the corner, etc... all that is advertisement. People make a living by posting stupid **** on youtube. The guy who is the subject of this thread also does it for the income. Might not be a lot, but its income. Why do you think there's a ton of people posting cat videos, cinnamon powder eating videos, nasty food challenges, etc? Because views = $.

My friend posts videos on YouTube. After all is said and done, he makes about 1 dollar for every 1000 views. At that rate, the girl in the video above made almost 2k, just off that one video. Not bad.

He hadn't said star yet!

My friend posts videos on YouTube. After all is said and done, he makes about 1 dollar for every 1000 views. At that rate, the girl in the video above made almost 2k, just off that one video. Not bad.

Ok, maybe I'm just different but I never pay any attention to those ads and have never clicked on one except to bypass the ad after it counts down. Unless a lot of people do, I don't see why the advertisers would pay anyone just because people watched their video. Now if it monitored people who click through from a given video and then actually buy something then it makes sense. Otherwise, I think they are wasting money on it.

Ok, maybe I'm just different but I never pay any attention to those ads and have never clicked on one except to bypass the ad after it counts down. Unless a lot of people do, I don't see why the advertisers would pay anyone just because people watched their video. Now if it monitored people who click through from a given video and then actually buy something then it makes sense. Otherwise, I think they are wasting money on it.
I’ll bet there are studies or at least theories that simply the repetition of the ad, even for the 2-4 seconds before a click dismissal, imprints enough of a subliminal message to affect buying choices.

By watching stupid cat videos, you're making them money, reinforcing their excellent ideas for more stupid cat videos. Even if you don't click on the ads.

Moral of the story: don't watch stupid videos.

By watching stupid cat videos, you're making them money, reinforcing their excellent ideas for more stupid cat videos. Even if you don't click on the ads.

Moral of the story: don't watch stupid videos.

Usually the only stupid videos I watch are the ones linked to on here or that a friend or family member emails me. I never seek them out. Also I usually don't even watch the majority of them that I am sent if the still image or description doesn't seem all that appealing. I erred with the one above. Most of the videos I watch on YouTube or other sites are aviation related and are the result of my searching for a particular aviation topic or other topic that actually interests me. I do not subscribe to any channels or follow anybody on there. Plus I'm not on facebook so I don't see all of the video links that people post there. Of course, this leaves me out of so many conversations at work and in social settings when the topic is a particular silly piece of internet video tripe that everyone else seems to have watched. I don't particularly mind though.

Back