Cirrus Myths busted

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Gimmie your best Cirrus Myth. I need fodder for something I am writing. will credit you.

Example:
The G6 comes standard with fidget spinners so the pilots have something to do after rotation.

From @TangoWhiskey: "Cirrus pilots from time to time have to land and fill up on magenta fluid otherwise the line goes away and they are rendered helpless"

Cirrus pilots won't ride or fly in anything that doesn't have leather seats. ;-)

A Cirrus is so efficient it simply defies gravity on command by virtue of its superior design. The propeller spinning in the front is only there to keep the passengers from freaking out.

I heard Cirrus Financial Services gives you an aluminum credit card to pay for your plastic airplane.

I heard that COPA recommends wearing a wool sweater in the winter while flying. That way, you can rub the sleeves really fast against the plastic fuselage and build up enough static electricity to de-ice the wings.

I've read that you can't land a Cirrus without pulling the chute and I've been told even that's risky if you don't have an AOA

It's been said that the chute needs to be replaced every 10 years. The truth is that the chute is the one part that doesn't need to be replaced. They keep the chute and replace the airplane.

All Cirrus pilots are good looking young single guys trolling the airfield for hot women.

Oh wait, that one's already been debunked by a 'local guy'...

The loss of Nimbus flying skills from reliance on Cirrus is a Cumulus effect.

Checking that a fresh jar of grey poupon is onboard is part of the cirrus pre-flight inspection,

When you buy a cirrus you get 47 virgins. Oops sorry, u said myths, that one is true.

That is actually true.

Welcome to Cirrus. Meet your harem.
VirginsLarge.jpg

Nah, I can't take any digs at Cirrus owners. I've met the owner of the one 6PC flies and he seems like a wonderful man.

Hah,
I know one of those guys.

Edited for spelling due to spelling

The pretty pictures behind steering wheel mean something significant.

I think it's a myth that ATC expects Cirrus drivers to comply with regulations? I mean, YOU are THE PIC, they're just some guy making suggestions on which way to go, right?

You guys are really nailing those stupid cirrus pilots!! Buncha amateurs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many Cirrus pilots does it take to change a light bulb?

One. He holds it and the world revolves around him.

Airframe is finished once engine is past TBO.

Engines rarely make TBO.

They are only bought by new pilots, no experienced pilot would ever fly one, let alone buy one.

The early models have bungee cords for coordinated flight. You don't really need to use the rudder pedals. If the bungee snaps in flight, a spin is a foregone conclusion.

Did you hear the one about the CAPS chute where the rocket was put in backwards at repack and killed an infant in the cockpit?

Wait, you wanted myths?

<Before anyone gets goofy on me, all of the above are jokes. I like Cirrus; my second favorite desired airplane to own is the new SR20.>

Cirrus pilots wear mankini's because they are frustrated with how speedos look on them.

The Cirrus is incapable of creating lift with its own "wings." Therefore, Cirrus has designed internal "wing" tanks that hold 100LL with an equivalent amount of helium. The helium provides the desired amount of lift while the engine using 100LL of course, runs the propeller, moving the plane forward. If the pilot uses too much helium during the flight, the wings cannot develop enough lift and the pilot will have to pull the red handle and allow the plane to parachute down safely. Gravity fills the void that the helium leaves behind. Helium exhaustion is the leading cause of most Cirrus accidents.

TINS Cirrus were designed and built for one reason and one reason only. They exist to facilitate joining the mile high club in a safe and mostly private manner. The side stick controller and autopilot culture are the primary clues. The chute is there for when it was really good and you don't want the plane to be 'used' again.

Faster than a speeding Bonanza, more powerful than a Luscombe, able to leap tall trees in a single take-off. The infant of Duluth is now the Airframe without Steel: PlasticPlane!

The Cirrus moniker came about as a play on the word "Serious" because a Cirrus is a serious plane for serious pilots. Everything else is frivolous.

The Cirrus is made from recycled pop bottles except the spinner which is made from recycled Dos Equis cans so the pilot is always following The Most Interesting Man in the World.

Cheers

Back