Half Full or Half Empty?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Are the fuel tanks half empty or half full? Which one is it?
IMG_1660.JPG

Half empty if you have a plane with a 600nm range and you are about to takeoff on a leg thats 400nm to the next fuel stop.

It's neither half full nor half empty. It's an 8oz glass with 4oz in it.

Dang it, how many times do we have to go through this? It depends. If it was empty (or low qty) and you fill it more, it's half full. If it was full (or high qty) and you empty some, it's half empty.

Actually, there is no such thing as half full or half empty. Any amount will favor one or the other by some measurable quantity.

can't tell, can't see thru the cup, might be empty for all we know

Sitting at the hotel bar and I just poured half of the beer bottle into the glass and let's just say that I am trying to decide if I have two half beers or one full beer. Damn you guys!

Sitting at the hotel bar and I just poured half of the beer bottle into the glass and let's just say that I am trying to decide if I have two half beers or one full beer. Damn you guys!

Just drink it, you're overthinking it. :rolleyes:

If one is using a styrofoam cup for a fuel tank, then it really doesn't matter much because in a few seconds, it will be empty.

What if it's 50% full or 50% empty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just drink it, you're overthinking it. :rolleyes:

I finally decided that I had two half empties which equaled a full empty which meant I needed another beer. While waiting for that beer, I drank the two half empties and found that I now had two full empties. This of course necessitated ordering a third beer so I ended up replacing the two empties with two fulls and all was well. This time I chose not to pour any into the glass so I would not get confused again. I ended up with three empty bottles, an empty glass and a full belly. At least I think it was just three bottles.

At 50% full it will be 50% empty.
At 50% empty it will be 50%full.

See how easy that was? :D

Jeez, you guys make this way too difficult. Read the cup, it says to simply refill and the problem will be solved!

I finally decided that I had two half empties which equaled a full empty which meant I needed another beer. While waiting for that beer, I drank the two half empties and found that I now had two full empties. This of course necessitated ordering a third beer so I ended up replacing the two empties with two fulls and all was well. This time I chose not to pour any into the glass so I would not get confused again. I ended up with three empty bottles, an empty glass and a full belly. At least I think it was just three bottles.

So in other words, and nowhere near as long as your post BTW, is you got drunk. o_O :)

So in other words, and nowhere near as long as your post BTW, is you got drunk. o_O :)
Those stewardesses are getting him sauced while he's headed back to the states, it's understandable and it all makes sense.

*sigh*
Half is half. Halves are identical. There is no big half or small half. Like I said, halves are identical.
Why can't y'all understand it?
It's cuz the bigger half of y'all is not paying attention.

*sigh*
Half is half. Halves are identical.

In English there is no way to refer to a quantity in a glass as just "half" you are forced to say half full, half empty, or not empty or full.

Who cares. The shot glass is about to be all the way empty and it should be all the full soon.

*sigh*
Half is half. Halves are identical. There is no big half or small half. Like I said, halves are identical.
Why can't y'all understand it?
It's cuz the bigger half of y'all is not paying attention.

Not true. I'm a lot bigger than my better half. I'm the big half and she is the small half.

Back