Half Full or Half Empty?

In English there is no way to refer to a quantity in a glass as just "half" you are forced to say half full, half empty, or not empty or full.
Then you missed my joke. :)

Tank half full
Wallet half empty
I wanted to touch on that and you already started.
It does not seem to be a linguistic problem but a psychological one instead, based on the tendency of the medium.
If we want something to be full, then when it's at half, it's "half empty". (example: beer glass)
If we want something to be empty, then when it's at half, it's "half full". (example: septic tank)

I'm not following this thread as my glass is completely empty. Ill go get a refill.

If the fuel tank is routinely at a level below the top, then the fuel tank is obviously too large. Install a smaller tank and it will often be full. Simple, cheaper to make and to buy.

There is only time in my tanks and you can't have negative time so it must be half full.

Then you missed my joke. :)

Oh. I didn't miss it. :) I was trying for one myself. The real half full answer has more to do with the bladder while flying than the fuel tank anyway, IMHO.

The real half full answer has more to do with the bladder while flying than the fuel tank anyway, IMHO.

Unless you use an eman1200 series orange juice container relief system.
Then the question becomes: If the system is full is your bladder half empty?

Cuz if so....damn thats a lotta pee pee!

Technically a tank is never empty. It may be lower in fuel and higher in air, but the tank is always full of something.

Back