You're flying along and your iPad goes out

I conducted a poll on this emergency on this board and everyone indicated that they do not leave the ground without 200hrs of battery time on their 17 tablets. They seem to be okay with 4.5 hours fuel, but what the hell, fuel is useless without F (foreflight)

Go figure.

I'll have to do poll of tablets per red handle, I guess.

I have a related question. If you have Foreflight installed on your iPad and you'd like to get rid of it, do you need a mohel?

another option, of course is this.

102646505-03-01

Fly until you are almost out of gas, then plummet to the ground and hope the engine dies right before you hit the ground. Then step out of the stopped plane. Worked for Bugs Bunny. No better recommendation than from a cartoon rabbit. Either that, or jump up right before the plane hits the ground. Didnt anyone teach you this in sex ed class?

Actually, Bugs used the air brakes to stop that plane. ;)

you do know.....paper is very flammable.o_O
So is Avgas. Heck with all those electronics failures, at least one battery is going to go atomic and blow the plane up anyway.
Might as well jump out and die quickly rather than burn on the way to the ground.

I really think the answer is just more ipads

I really think the answer is just more ipads

Yes! Useful load should be measured in iPads. Fully charged iPads of course: have to account for all those electrons...

Does anyone know if the wings are still even capable of creating lift once the tablet has failed?
I heard rumors about some tests done in the 50's and 60's but I am skeptical as to their authenticity.
Wings creating lift... where did you hear that?:rolleyes:

You know, if you guys would just switch to an Ipon, you wouldn't have to worry about your Ipad falling out.

This is a good choice.
I happen to have 2 doors and considered some sort of maneuver where I open my door, climb out, and try to jump through the prop.
Don't the doors get extra secured when pulling that fancy handle?

Does anyone know if the wings are still even capable of creating lift once the tablet has failed?
I heard rumors about some tests done in the 50's and 60's but I am skeptical as to their authenticity.
The tablet may be able to create lift in certain configurations, such as cellular and wifi off.

C'mon.. let's get Cirrius.... Is there an app that will pull the red handle?

C'mon.. let's get Cirrius.... Is there an app that will pull the red handle?

You can't use an app if your iPad does now, can you?

I think the whole things becomes completely un-airworthy and must be blown up immediately. I figured, a green handle with "In case of iPad death" sign on it. 1 pound high explosives should be quick and painless

I think when to battery gets low to it issues the Red Handle command and then hibernates to 0 AGL before powering back up. Then it automatically issues an Uber pick-up request with the current coordinates.

Just break out the 30 year old road atlas and go IFR!

Went to help a buddy pick up his Cardinal from a horrendous annual yesterday. A charter pilot friend was there taking an SR-22 owner on a BFR.

I mentioned your video to him to include as part of his review--he'd seen it several times, but the owner hadn't.... Of course it's bookmarked on my cellphone....

Needless to say, the owner/BFR victim wasn't very impressed but the other four of us has a great laugh at his expense.

(Typical Cirrus Driver also departed the ramp at 1800 rpm oblivious to the vehicles/open hangar/people behind him)0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Typical Cirrus Driver also departed the ramp at 1800 rpm oblivious to the vehicles/open hangar/people behind him)

That's the Chute Override Required Power SEtting, also known as CORPSE. Otherwise, that low to the ground the Cirrus Neural Network (CNN) will assume power plant failure and pop the canopy.

This same owner also came back to a big hangar he rents a space in late one night.... Rather than push the plane in, (because tow bars are hard) he taxied into the hangar.

Not a big deal, except for the fact that he also thought it'd be kind to flip a 180 under power so he could, you know, be pointed at the opening.

I heard that the entire south wall of the hangar was devoid of all hanging objects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not gonna lie. I do enjoy stomping on one brake, throttling up and doing a 180 In the run-up area clearing the pattern.

Back