Your summer GA trip

Alaska - if I can find a suitable right seat passenger.
Hint: No one on the board qualifies.

I'm thinking about going back to FTG, where they have a Mooney and an Evektor for rent, and get a checkout in both in one go. The airplanes belong to different flight schools, but with advance planning and doing the necessary homework (e.g. reading POH and practicing the basics) this ought to be doable. Alternatively, Phoenix is about at the edge of my reach and I am thinking that sampling the life in Class B would be cool, if only I could find an excuse to fly there. FTG is under B, too, but Denver approach is not very friendly.

More like trips...working on my commercial, and I have a bit of time to build. Only real destination I have planned this far is KTGI, Tangiers island, just because I've never landed on an island before. That's about it though, very open to any worthwhile destinations within 200 nm or so of KBVI.

[delurking -- it has been a while since I posted anything. Hi everyone!]

Summer trip #1: Madison to New York in the DA-40 (MSN-HPN) for a hockey tournament. Last year I flew the same trip in the 182, and the summer before was in an archer.

Summer trip #2: no plans yet... I'll find somewhere to go

--david

[delurking -- it has been a while since I posted anything. Hi everyone!]

Summer trip #1: Madison to New York in the DA-40 (MSN-HPN) for a hockey tournament. Last year I flew the same trip in the 182, and the summer before was in an archer.
--david

Ogden, UT to HPN in a DA40 with various stops along the east coast once I get there.

Mecca ( Osh ) for a week. This is be my 11th trip out there, have only missed 1 year due to a medical issue since I got my license. Not a summer trip but I starting planning on going to Texas in January just because.

Hope we get to take one but with the fiance starting a new job (well we hope) in July we probably won't get the chance to go anywhere this summer.

Last summer we flew out to Grand County Colorado and spent a week camping, and our next trip planned is to Park City Utah to see Angie's sister. Just don't know when it will happen.

Ater the passing of Mary's Dad our Charleston, SC and the Florida Keys trips were put on the shelf. We hope to knock one or both out this summer/fall.

:thumbsup: My lovely Bride just called me at the office to ask if I would fly her up to Lancaster, PA (20 minute hop) so she could hit the outlets this saturday. At least she offered that we stop and have dinner with a rental car. Some flying is better than no flying, I hope the wx holds.

Trip singular? What? :)

Almost all my trips are singular.

Ater the passing of Mary's Dad our Charleston, SC and the Florida Keys trips were put on the shelf. We hope to knock one or both out this summer/fall.

Sorry to hear about your father in-law

:thumbsup: My lovely Bride just called me at the office to ask if I would fly her up to Lancaster, PA (20 minute hop) so she could hit the outlets this saturday. At least she offered that we stop and have dinner with a rental car. Some flying is better than no flying, I hope the wx holds.
Just watch that W&B:lol:

What is the one GA trip you plan on taking this summer?

Well if I can knock out the PPL before Airventure, then probably fly up to Timmins, ON, CA for some moose hunting. Not holding my breath though. The new little one has been causing me to fail PAVE with her lack of night sleeping. Kind of hard to finish if you're in no shape to fly ;)

Just looking for the one place folks REALLY want ( or can afford ) to go.
No, I understand the question. My big idea was to take a rental Cherokee to 1A8 in Nevada, where I take my jeep every summer. But after serious consideration my FBO decided not to let me land on dirt (actually we talked a local trainig field E92). Also, it comes out hugely expensive, we're talking $5k or so. So I'm going to scale back and just raid FTG instead.

I honestly don't think I have any trips planned for this year. Probably the first time in a long time that I don't have anything penciled in for the summer. I guess that means I'm officially off of the school-based calendar where I actually had free time in the summers.

I'd like to get back to 6Y9 this year (does Labor Day count as summer?), but I'm not sure if I can get the OK for a solo trip - and I'm pretty sure my co-pilot will be unwilling to ride in a cramped plane around that time. ;)

I have two trips planned in the Chief:

KWAY to KLNS (area -- wherever I end up renting a hangar)

KLNS (area) to KPTD and return (To visit my parents)

We just got back from a trip from Denver to Tucson to Grand Canyon to Page, AZ and back home. 15 hours on the tach (there was a bit of wandering around trying to avoid rain, ice, and thunderstorms)

Going to Ellsworth AFB to land with the B-1s on June 4 :D. (Approx 5 hrs total)

Denver to Port Aransas in September for some beach time. (Approx 15 hrs total)

iowa for a wedding in june
iowa in july for a birthday

a few trips to texas for glider flying

My trip this year is to Spearfish SD, about 1.5 hours away. It should only take 2/3ths of a day and 4 stops to get there but maybe 2 to 3 days to get home! (I hope)

My trip this year is to Spearfish SD, about 1.5 hours away. It should only take 2/3ths of a day and 4 stops to get there but maybe 2 to 3 days to get home! (I hope)

No 6Y9 this year? I know that would be a heck of a trip in the pacer, but if anybody would do it, it would be you.

Did the horses move to WY with you? Did you sell your place in Gladwin?

Wow what did I miss? When did you move to Wyoming, Barb?

I'd like to get back to 6Y9 this year (does Labor Day count as summer?), but I'm not sure if I can get the OK for a solo trip - and I'm pretty sure my co-pilot will be unwilling to ride in a cramped plane around that time. ;)

Your co-pilots leave it to a vote and see what they think. ;)

Just looking for the one place folks REALLY want ( or can afford ) to go.

Actually, the only personal trip planned I have for the year is a few more trips up to Newfoundland (CYYT). Beautiful place, great food, and a wonderful flight.

No 6Y9 this year? I know that would be a heck of a trip in the pacer, but if anybody would do it, it would be you.

wyoming to 6Y9 is a pretty short trip for Barb. That would probably only take a week

The Free Bird will likely make it both in and out of 6Y9 in 2012, wx permitting. Unfortunately, no other big trips planned. Woe is me.

OSH 2011. God willing and the creeks don't rise, and the staff holds together!

I still have the house in Michigan. My friend is keeping my horse back home till I get settled out here. I just bought a house here in WY but the old owners are going to keep their 6 horses here for awhile. I've got 40 acres with a creek and the Governor is sort of my neighbor, at least he owns the property behind me. More importantly there is a pheasant farm right across the street and some of the birds are known to wander over this way.

And I think I'm on call over Labor Day.

Wow what did I miss? When did you move to Wyoming, Barb?

I moved in December. I got tired of working for myself and moved to Torrington WY, about 30 miles from Scottsbluff NE. The airport is nice, fuel prices are the best in the area and the airport dog, Fred, does tricks. And the weather is more mild than Michigan although the wind does blow a little bit more (it was 40G55 when I landed the first time here :hairraise: Luckily it was right down the runway.

Barb

I hear the raccoons are HUGE in Wyoming... :rofl:

Actually, when I bought this house I inherited to barn cats, which mean cat food, which means raccoons. And I was told they are HUGE. I feel at home already. Oh and now I get to watch out for rattlesnakes to, I'm looking at a deringer that shoots shotgun shells, I think they call it a Texas Snake Charmer.

Congrats on the new house, Barb! I hope that you enjoy living out in Wyoming.

Back