Your kitchen gadgets

Marius

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Marius
Hi, i am new hire , maybe its not on the topic but i would like know what gadgets are you using in your kitchen

Life cannot be fully enjoyed without a decent espresso machine.

We are having a lot of fun with our Ninja Foodie. Makes great wings.

Waffle maker (weekends)
Toaster oven AND toaster (cant crisp up leftover wings, pizza, thick garlic bread in toaster)
KitchenAid mixer grinder attachment (fresh steak burgers)
Wife’s expensive pellet-ice maker
Crock pot
Pressure cooker
Dehydrator
Vidalia onion chopper thingie
Kuerig

Wow, that’s a lotta stuff.

Sous Vide cooker (Joule). Use that a decent amount, mostly for cooking steaks.
Egg Cooker - mostly this was purchased to make large number of hardboiled eggs (Margy makes deviled eggs for parties a lot). However, we've been using its "poached eggs" feature to make breakfast a lot these days.
BlendTec blender - https://www.willitblend.com
Echo Dot - "Alexa, set a timer for ten minutes."

Other than the handheld com radio, not much else unusual: toaster, kitchenaid mixer (lives on a cart in the pantry), Jura coffee maker.

The one thing that I use nearly every day:

chef knife
cutting board
stove
microwave
beer coozie

Sous Vide cooker (Joule). Use that a decent amount, mostly for cooking steaks.
Egg Cooker - mostly this was purchased to make large number of hardboiled eggs (Margy makes deviled eggs for parties a lot). However, we've been using its "poached eggs" feature to make breakfast a lot these days.
BlendTec blender - https://www.willitblend.com
Echo Dot - "Alexa, set a timer for ten minutes."

Other than the handheld com radio, not much else unusual: toaster, kitchenaid mixer (lives on a cart in the pantry), Jura coffee maker.

Some less common things:

A geared jar opener (sort of like some oil filter wrenches I've used, as you turn to unscrew the jar a gear and rack closes the jar tighter).
A flat whisk (great for making gravy in shallow pans)
Several microplanes (easily grate, zest, etc...)

Waffle maker (weekends)
Toaster oven AND toaster (cant crisp up leftover wings, pizza, thick garlic bread in toaster)
KitchenAid mixer grinder attachment (fresh steak burgers)
Wife’s expensive pellet-ice maker
Crock pot
Pressure cooker
Dehydrator
Vidalia onion chopper thingie
Kuerig

@455 Bravo Uniform Wow you must have a lot more counter space than we do!

-Skip

@455 Bravo Uniform Wow you must have a lot more counter space than we do!

-Skip

The ice maker, Keurig, toaster, and toaster oven stay on the counters. Other stuff goes back in the pantry and cabinets when not in use. The dehydrator stays out until my wife or I break down and wash the trays (chore); Usually comes out during hunting season for jerky.

George Foreman classic grill.

Deep fryer (mostly for the home made egg rolls).

BTW, I got in trouble with the wife when I asked her if she knew why her feet are smaller than mine. She didn't know. "So you can stand closer to the sink" I said. Yep ... was a few days before that one blew over! :eek:

For years Mrs. Steingar and I would buy ourselves a kitchen gadget instead of individual presents for Hannukah. The more appropriate question would be what don't we have.

For years Mrs. Steingar and I would buy ourselves a kitchen gadget instead of individual presents for Hannukah. The more appropriate question would be what don't we have.
Could be the start of an interesting thread if it’s own. Us guessing what gadgets you and Mrs. Steingar have

Lots. Bread machine, scale (as flour is best measured by weight, not cups), blender, mandoline, food processer, Kitchen Aid mixer plus several attachments, Instant Pot, ice cream maker. I'm sure there is more, those are just the easy to remember items. While we live in walking distance of restaurants we cook far more than we go out to eat.

A friend's son recently married a graduate of the Cordon Bleu school in Paris. When my wife was agonizing over what to get them for a wedding present, I argued for a SlapChop https://www.slapchop.com, on the grounds that she probably didn't already have one.

I was overruled.

Zyliss can opener. Best expenditure ever made.

There was a espresso machine in the engine control room of the cruise ship I was on in February.
49557483818_f021be42e2.jpg

They said it was the most essential piece of equipment in the room.

The bridge only had a nespresso machine.

I thought of going there but my wife isn't a gadget.

And yet again I've made her mad by asking her if she knew why wedding dresses are white. She said she had no idea so I reminded her that all major kitchen appliances come in white.

** I'm almost healed up from that beat down **

I thought of going there but my wife isn't a gadget.

And yet again I've made her mad by asking her if she knew why wedding dresses are white. She said she had no idea so I reminded her that all major kitchen appliances come in white.

** I'm almost healed up from that beat down **

You’ll need to report that on your next medical.

Ahem. An espresso machine is not a 'gadget,' it is more properly referred to as 'life support equipment.'

Nauga,
doin' shots
I stand corrected. It does produce my daily nectar of consciousness.

I have a troll that lives under the cabinets.

New to the site.

My wife was going to the Cordon Bleu so she has pretty high standards. The most important is gadget is a really good chef knife. We have a Bamix hand blender which is amazing. Vitamix blender is useful but we use the Bamix more. Other essential equipment is baking steel for cooking pizza. I converted the pizza and bread recipes I use to baker percentages so a very accurate scale (to 0.01g) is essential for us. Good pots and pans help quite a bit too. I use thermoworks a Thermapen Mk4 and a chefalarm. Both are extremely useful to have in your kitchen.

Top 4 game changers:
Thermapen MK4
Technivorm Moccamaster
Victorinox Santoku 7"
Flat bottom wok with lid

Back