You Know Who You Are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow,
A lady posts reguarding a pleasant surprise that occurred in her life, then goes to thank her benefactor............and it leads to THIS!

Wow,
A lady posts reguarding a pleasant surprise that occurred in her life, then goes to thank her benefactor............and it leads to THIS!

Consider the source, Dale... consider the source. LOL. :rolleyes:

Yes, and not only are there way more than one of these people who have contacted me privately, I have saved every communication. So yeah I have "proof". Why would all these people waste their precious time to give unsolicited feedback? I doubt they give negative and positive feedback in private to all the members on this forum (over 6,000 now) so to single someone out seems like an attack to me.

It certainly seems over the top to send private messages like that. Considering how opinionated I am, I guess I've been lucky to have it happen only once (on another forum) that someone contacted me privately to express a negative opinion about me. It was done in an obnoxious and narrow-minded way, but fortunately I was able to think of a good enough come back that I never heard from him again! :devil:

Sometimes I have made use of the forum's User Control Panel option to block private messages from everyone except moderators and people on my "contact list," because I usually don't like to engage in private discussions of issues that could just as well be discussed publicly, but lately I haven't found that to be necessary.

Personally, I think there's no law that everone has to like each other, but we don't have to rub each other's noses in it.

Kimberly... Kimberly... Kimberly... continue to think that if you must. It's OK. :rolleyes: But, your wordsabove imply what you don't explicitly state. I didn't mean to upset you in any way... just an observation on my part.

Geez... that was a really passive aggressive comment there... oops. Perhaps I'm a "bad" person today. :rolleyes:

Yeah, really, in this case, maybe. This does seem to be verging on a personal attack, I'm afraid.

Kimberly said you had to embrace the good and ignore the bad. That doesn't imply "those who disagree with me or don't like me are bad". It really doesn't.

And this sort of discussion is how threads devolve, because one person is now calling out another person, not on what they actually said, but over what it may have meant. That makes some sense when it comes to regulations, but less sense when it comes to personal opinions.

So... (and this is NOT directed at Lynn) can we all please try to get along? And not look for things to get upset about? If you don't like someone, there's no need to use the forum to show it. Just ignore the person, and address the facts, if it's a factual thread. If it's an opinion thread, then maybe voice your own opinion on the subject (not the author), and don't attack the other opinion, rebut it. And if someone just makes you want to rage anytime you see them post (and that's happened to me in the past), just ignore them. It's not worth what the negative energy does to you.

Sorry. I live near DC and so as the silly election season ramps up, I'm getting really sensitive to argument. I hate it.

I'd like it a lot if our community (which means a lot to me) could get along, or in the case where we can't get along, if we could politely ignore each other personally, and save our passion for things that really matter, like whether Cirri are deathtraps.

I'll be over in the corner singing Kumbaya... more voices are welcome.

What the hell is this thread about? Cliff notes anyone?

Show me where I said somebody was a bad person. I said I got emails with unsolicited comments. I never said anyone was bad. But what I find interesting is these all came from people I have never met. None of the comments came from folks at the fly-ins.

OK, because I was getting confused, I went back and re-read that post ... It does seem to me that you've all but explicitly said the folks who sent the unsolicited observations were bad.

But, that's just the semantics of the situation.

Why some people would go out of their way to privately share negative observations is beyond me. And, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be too pleased to be on the receiving end of such. But, in this case, that would depend on a bunch of information to which I'm not privy.

There are jerks everywhere. And, the more one puts him/herself out there, the more risk one incurs. Of course, there's more opportunity for reward as well ... witness the genesis of this thread. :)

OK, because I was getting confused, I went back and re-read that post ... It does seem to me that you've all but explicitly said the folks who sent the unsolicited observations were bad.

But, that's just the semantics of the situation.

Why some people would go out of their way to privately share negative observations is beyond me. And, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be too pleased to be on the receiving end of such. But, in this case, that would depend on a bunch of information to which I'm not privy.

There are jerks everywhere. And, the more one puts him/herself out there, the more risk one incurs. Of course, there's more opportunity for reward as well ... witness the genesis of this thread. :)

I agree. Somebody sends an attacking PM? That could well be bad... need more context. But at least it's private. Disagreeing politely in the public forum is not bad. Attacking someone in the public forum not only is bad behavior, it makes the attacker look bad and ugly.

Parents would say this thread needs a time out.

Closed pending MC review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back