Yipes!!!

Holy cow. I can't even imagine my son floating off.

wow. the ultimate run away from home story.

The expert on CNN Headline News corrected the anchor when the anchor asked if a license was required. "Well, it's called a certificate."

This..can't end well.

Last edited:
CNN just reported that he may have fallen out just after lift off. Not confirmed, of course.

The ultimate in early age flight!

I sure hope, if the youngster is still in the balloon, that he gets down safely. But by what is being shown on TV, this ballooon is hauling a$$! Maybe surface winds will be reduced, so it can touch down easier...

I sure hope, if the youngster is still in the balloon, that he gets down safely. But by what is being shown on TV, this ballooon is hauling a$$! Maybe surface winds will be reduced, so it can touch down easier...

I think it looks like it's moving fast due to the fact that the chopper is circling around it.

How the heck does one rescue a balloon? could someone send up another balloon and try to grab the kid's balloon?

It's just the illusion. Vertical speed will be the problem..and I just don't think this is going to end with a survivable vertical speed.

deafsound said:
How the heck does one rescue a balloon? could someone send up another balloon and try to grab the kid's balloon?
There is no rescuing. The rescue will start at the touchdown location.

Hmmmm ... I don't see any openings to fall out of on it.

In one of the earlier shots, it did look like an opening was on the "basket". Can't see it now. I hope that report is wrong.

6 year old kid takes off in experimental balloon

A 6 yo kid climbed in his folks experimental helium balloon and threw off the tethers.This kid is either having the ride of his life or scared poopless. I hope he has O2 . His parents have to be FREAKING :yikes:

Check out the speed on the balloon. It was as high as 8500 not sure if thats MSL or AGL

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33330516/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts?GT1=43001

There is no rescuing. The rescue will start at the touchdown location.

I don't know man.....a couple of commandos rappelling from a helicopter perhaps?

Well that went better than I expected.

They can't find anyone in the balloon yet. Crap I hope the kid didn't fall out.

Hope the 6 yr old is safe somewhere, but for all intentional purposes, the story is over...

This was much more interesting than the vehicle chase Sth of Dallas last weekend...

Re: 6 year old kid takes off in experimental balloon

Thats why I moved it. "Yipes" didn't show up in my thread search. Well actually it did but I thought Ed was commenting on a date he had:rolleyes:
You should put his thread under yours. Your title makes more sense.

Sherrif's department says the balloon basket has not been breached. The kid may have never been in the balloon.

Back