Yipes!!!

I am thinking that is what they will get too. I expect to see a bunch of charges laid on and then negotiations for a plea.

I wonder what will happen with the kids?

Actually I was thinking that what ever the Colorado version is of the Office of Children and Youth as we call it or CPS in some places, gets involved thats gonna be a lot more of an issue for the parents than the probation. I don't think they will put the kids in placement but supervision of the family is gonna be a factor. I mean these parents cared so little about thier kids the young one got physically ill carrying on with the parents lie.

Actually I was thinking that what ever the Colorado version is of the Office of Children and Youth as we call it or CPS in some places, gets involved thats gonna be a lot more of an issue for the parents than the probation. I don't think they will put the kids in placement but supervision of the family is gonna be a factor. I mean these parents cared so little about thier kids the young one got physically ill carrying on with the parents lie.

If it's determined that the children carried on the lie under duress (threatened with harm if they "told the truth"), the parents will be in deep with CPS.

I saw something in one news report that the sheriff's department had previously investigated a domestic abuse complaint at their house involving the wife as victim, although no charges were filed. However, that may help create a "pattern of behavior" situation which might give CPS more leverage to remove the children, or at least require supervision.

News now reporting Mom has hired her own defense attorney separate from Dad's. Wonder how long before she hires a divorce lawyer, too...

News now reporting Mom has hired her own defense attorney separate from Dad's. Wonder how long before she hires a divorce lawyer, too...
and an entertainment lawyer. Somehow I cannot help but wonder if we are going to see a whole 'show' about their break up. I'm sorry, I just do not think very much of these......people.

and an entertainment lawyer.
We'll see -- I think the prospect of losing her kids may be changing Mom's thinking. Getting a separate defense lawyer suggests she realizes that distancing herself from her husband may be necessary to keep herself out of jail.

We'll see -- I think the prospect of losing her kids may be changing Mom's thinking. Getting a separate defense lawyer suggests she realizes that distancing herself from her husband may be necessary to keep herself out of jail.

yes and no any ethical defense attorney would realize in short order that each needs their own attorney and would hand one of them off.

How about a lawyer for the kids? It seems as if they could use some protection, too. Their parents' record on making wise decisions is a bit suspect.... :frown2:

-Skip

How about a lawyer for the kids? It seems as if they could use some protection, too. Their parents' record on making wise decisions is a bit suspect.... :frown2:

-Skip

Depending on what the judge sees, he may appoint a guardian ad litem for the kids.

Sounds like a messed up situation. Using kids for fame and attention is reprehensible.

Trapper John

Sounds like a messed up situation. Using kids for fame and attention is reprehensible.

jon-and-kate-plus-8.jpg

While they didn't find the boy in the balloon, investigators did find something...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6b996de.jpg
    6b996de.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 6b996ed.jpg
    6b996ed.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 172

-Skip

Jon Benet Ramsey redux. What IS it with folks in Colorado? :rolleyes::D

Heck you're a Texan... at least currently. You just like to fool everyone with your name. ;)

Well, a combination of my previous business doing Web stuff, including hosting, where a "CoLo" is a Co-located server, and the fact that I abbreviate all the states with their two-letter abbreviations, let me to wonder where Colom, TN was when Ric first showed up on this board. ;)

Wow are these guys scumbags!!

The Heenes set in motion the balloon hoax in early October as a way to jump-start the reality TV effort and get some attention.

Heene began seeking money to buy helium tanks and studying weather patterns to find the right day for the launch. He eventually settled on Oct. 15; the weather was right, and his kids were home from school with parent-teacher conferences.

The balloon floated away that afternoon with Falcon thought to be aboard. The Heenes first called the Federal Aviation Administration, then a TV station and finally 911.

Authorities launched a desperate search for little Falcon, using military helicopters and dozens of officers from several police agencies, before the boy turned up at home hours later. The Heenes said they realized he had been hiding all along in the rafters after his father had yelled at him for fooling around with the balloon.

But the story soon began falling apart, especially after Falcon blurted out to his father during a CNN interview that evening: "You had said we did this for a show."

The parents were brought in for questioning, with Richard Heene feigning sleep during his lie-detector test and claiming his drowsiness was a diabetic reaction, Lewis said.
They should put the kids with parents are not scumbags so that they will not pick up any scumbag tendencies.

Some more good news for the Heene family

A deal's been struck and OK'd by a judge for parents Richard and Mayumi Heene to pay $36,016.53 to authorities in Larimer County, Colo., to cover the costs associated with the frantic chase of what turned out to be an empty balloon. As you'll likely remember, the Heenes -- in an elaborate hoax -- had claimed their then-six-year-old son Falcon was flying high over the skies of Fort Collins last October inside the contraption. The "drama" was telecast live across the nation.
NPR's Jeff Brady says "the Larimer County sheriff's office and other agencies had asked for $48,0000 to cover their costs for the incident. But after negotiations with Richard and Mayumi Heene's lawyer, the amount was reduced."
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/04/balloon_boy_parents_will_pay_3.html

I wonder why the approx 12K break. Here in PA they would not get off probation until they paid back the farmer as well.

Back