WORLD’S SAFEST AIRCRAFT NAMED

I just flew on the 787 back from Europe. Was a really new one - was delivered to Westjet maybe in 2019 or so. Beautiful plane. Super comfortable as a passenger. Really liked it. On the way to Europe, they put us on a 737 Max which I didn't like at all.

I was on a Airbus A380 just before Covid to and from Australia (from California) and it was exceptionally quiet. I was in business class which was also fairly comfortable.

Concorde was the world's safest jet airliner for 34 years. The next day it was the world's most dangerous.

The number of aircraft operating needs to be considered, somehow:).

I was on a Airbus A380 just before Covid to and from Australia (from California) and it was exceptionally quiet. I was in business class which was also fairly comfortable.
We flew an American 787 from ORD to LHR, and a British Airways A380 back. A380 was a little quieter, it was about a draw for comfort in Premium Economy, but the trip convinced me to never fly BA again.

We flew an American 787 from ORD to LHR, and a British Airways A380 back. A380 was a little quieter, it was about a draw for comfort in Premium Economy, but the trip convinced me to never fly BA again.
So uh, what did them Limeys do to you?

Why?

Hmm, I like BA.

And I enjoy traveling on the 787. I like the lower cabin altitude. But I don't like the LCD windows. They are not truly opaque.

So uh, what did them Limeys do to you?
As I work for and with many, many Brits, I'm not even going to joke about that one...
Serve English food for the in-flight meal?
The meals were actually quite nice. We had lamb for dinner. That's one thing they didn't screw up.
Hearing a thick British accent for 8 or so hours would convince me of the same lol.
Nah, I get that (and lots of Irish) for several hours every day. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Tickets were purchased through BA, Premium Economy at about double the cost of coach. On the AA legs I got to pick our seats, no problem. BA wanted an additional £68 (each, per leg) to pick our seats. Not having done that, of course we ended up in the very last row of the section, right next to the lav - which of course is 100% busy for the entire flight. No sleep for you! Wonderful smells though. My wife was fighting a migraine the entiore flight; the migraine was coming out on top. Inflight wifi was non-functional, even for the onboard video streaming. Wouldn't connect. The ONE thing I wanted to use the seat-back screen for, the flight status and map, would crash the entire thing any time it was selected, and nothing would work again until an FA reset the whole thing, which took 10-15 minutes. They were utterly without a clue about it; I finally had to tell them what was making it happen after seeing half a dozen people select that display and have the same thing happen. In short -- it was a s***show compared to the legs flown on AA. When we arrived in Chicago, it took so long to get the baggage off the plane we nearly missed our connection even with a 2-hour window.

Screw BA. It's American from now on for me.

Sad that it takes a jacked up foreign carrier to make AA look appealing.
Nah. I like American, in general. I bought the tickets on BA this time specifically because I wanted to get a ride in the A380, and American doesn't fly them.

Interesting that the list doesn’t include the L1011 which actually had a better safety record than most Boeings

Only rode on one of those once many years ago. That was a nice ride ...

Nah. I like American, in general. I bought the tickets on BA this time specifically because I wanted to get a ride in the A380, and American doesn't fly them.

You seem to have a VERY low bar.

Of the US major carriers, I rate AA just above SW. US Air was worse, but they are now part of AA, which did not help AA at all.

You seem to have a VERY low bar.

Of the US major carriers, I rate AA just above SW. US Air was worse, but they are now part of AA, which did not help AA at all.
If you're flying coach, every one of them sucks. Southwest sucks the worst, in my opinion. I keep trying Delta once or twice a year, and every time I swear I won't go back. And yes, USAir was complete crap. I flew in and out of Charlotte a lot back when they were operating, and was always thankful that USAir didn't fly to where I was so I was almost always on United instead. I don't use United much because it seems their schedule and/or pricing just doesn't usually work for where I need to go.

So what did they name it? Fred? Sue?

Back