wonder who pays for his tires

Now do it on wet runway.

Skidding is not always worse.. while off road or on sand you actually want the tires to lock in order to slow down. Many in the offroad community have found ways to hack their ABS so as to turn it off while not on pavement

Granted.. this video might also just show that people aren't as good as ABS computers. Numerous ABS tests have shown that on pavement the ABS helps you stop much faster

Skidding is not always worse.. while off road or on sand you actually want the tires to lock in order to slow down. Many in the offroad community have found ways to hack their ABS so as to turn it off while not on pavement

Granted.. this video might also just show that people aren't as good as ABS computers. Numerous ABS tests have shown that on pavement the ABS helps you stop much faster
In a car it's always better. With the crap feel you get on toe brakes, it's pretty tough to do a good job.

Did not have the patience to watch it all the way through. Looks like he didn't use aerodynamic breaking which would likely close the gap.

Still something a guy flying a drone over the middle of the runway gives me the willies. Keep thinking about a no radio cub doing a mid-field flyover for a teardrop entry to the pattern.

Does anybody else think it's a bad idea to be narrating a video while taxiing? (Or takeoff roll, etc.)?

We see this all the time with people narrating their upcoming video while driving. I think it's a terrible example of distracted driving.

Does anybody else think it's a bad idea to be narrating a video while taxiing? (Or takeoff roll, etc.)?

We see this all the time with people narrating their upcoming video while driving. I think it's a terrible example of distracted driving.

I think most of the Internet CFIs don’t practice what they preach to students about sterile cockpits and blather to their cameras in the pattern. Bad example.

I feel this is a wonderful example of a flight instructor talking too much without communicating anything and setting a bad example. Thank you for the lesson.

Did not have the patience to watch it all the way through.

I thought it was just me. He seems to be a great guy with good intentions but I get the feeling he likes to hear himself talk. BTW ... locking the brakes in my tail wheel aircraft is something I really work to prevent.

I feel this is a wonderful example of a flight instructor talking too much without communicating anything and setting a bad example. Thank you for the lesson.

Less talking, more learning.

There were times I would tell my instructors to just be quiet for a minute and let me digest a little.

Why you don't "lease back" an airplane, and have fools like this abuse it.

Pretty sure this particular aircraft was purchased in an unairworthy condition and is being systematically destroyed in the name of science and education. :D

I am not entirely sure if its the same airplane.. for one the pilot side window is still there

never mind.. its the same one that he is systematically breaking. i do like some of the episodes though like the one where tries to yank the yoke out and it just doesnt give up

I like the one where he points out the rusted out and missing wing attach bolts and then tells us that it probably flew for 40 or 50 hours that way. Yikes. Another reason why living in Florida is a bad idea.

And yes he does tend to babble on a bit much.

Is he the guy that has some ole beater Cherokee that he has been destroying slowly for humanity sake?

Oh boy, another PoA "I can do it better than you" thread.

Is he the guy that has some ole beater Cherokee that he has been destroying slowly for humanity sake?

He and his girlfriend have a very nice 170 that they fly all over.

Back