Women > Men

MultiMediaWill

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Will
Let’s be honest for a moment here. If socially-constructed colonialist gender roles were reversed and women had historically joined the workforce and men stayed at home in the kitchen the world would be a much better place.

For starters you wouldn’t have bankers pillaging the global economy to benefit their own self-interest – research indicates that women, unlike men who only think about themselves, think about how their actions affect others. No woman would take a multi-million dollar bonus while her fellow citizens were left drowning in poverty.

Think about it. What is twenty-first century capitalism missing? Why are all these giant corporations exploiting the environment and the weak? It’s because corporate America is still an old boys club. Imagine a corporate world dominated by feminine energy. Imagine a world where corporations had compassion and empathy for their employees, a world where the collective interest is always held in higher regard than self-interest. Imagine a world where female leaders worked together to solve their disputes collaboratively as opposed to resorting to patriarchal expressions of masculine domination like war.

Many of these age-old problems such as hunger, poverty, war and abuse would disappear, virtually overnight, if women were in charge of the world.

Many women will act just as poorly as any male in regards to their fellow er, people. You might not have some of those problems, but you'd have others. There are plenty of unsociable women.

Some veil it in "motherly concern", some are outward about it, but there are probably as many women who are truly sociopathic in their need for control of others as there are men. The bell curve doesn't magically stop happening in that particular vice when you have different plumbing.

We have greedy women CEOs, and bad women cops who beat on people with batons, and power-crazed women politicians, just to name a few. They completely match sociopathic behavior for sociopathic behavior, with their male counterparts.

So your assertion is silly. Jerks are jerks and there are definitely female jerks. Science and math would agree that there is no evidence there should be any less female jerks than male ones. They may not always be jerks about the same things or might have different goals, but once selfishness sets in, it doesn't matter what gender you are.

Many women will act just as poorly as any male in regards to their fellow er, people. You might not have some of those problems, but you'd have others. There are plenty of unsociable women.

Some veil it in "motherly concern", some are outward about it, but there are probably as many women who are truly sociopathic in their need for control of others as there are men. The bell curve doesn't magically stop happening in that particular vice when you have different plumbing.

We have greedy women CEOs, and bad women cops who beat on people with batons, and power-crazed women politicians, just to name a few. They completely match sociopathic behavior for sociopathic behavior, with their male counterparts.

So your assertion is silly. Jerks are jerks and there are definitely female jerks. Science and math would agree that there is no evidence there should be any less female jerks than male ones. They may not always be jerks about the same things or might have different goals, but once selfishness sets in, it doesn't matter what gender you are.

:yeahthat:

Not to make this political, but Hilary Clinton was widely criticized for not accepting the wife and mother role first ladies took on in the white house. Women, in particular, were collectively appalled when it was revealed that she was the mastermind behind Bill's upward mobility. We hadn't seen a woman be so overtly manipulative since Lady MacBeth. Now that everybody's aware of her blood thirsty desire to rule we no longer classify her ambition as "uncharacteristically masculine".

There's nothing gender specific about having the desire to use ambition, greed, exploitation or even good old fashioned capitalism to advance one's career, status or social standing. Besides, if we're honest with ourselves, we actually prefer jerks to rule. History has shown us that they get the job done. I'll take a competent jerk over an humble "jelly back" any day, no matter the gender.

Technology has given women the appearance of equality. I teach my daughter that in a physical attack she cannot prevail, in spite of what she sees in the movies. This is why we go to the range twice a year with the pistol that I bought her.

Women and men come from the same breed stock. This country has gotten along fairly well by ignoring input from women. It would probably be better if it had not. But reversing the roles would not guarantee peace, prosperity and universal altruism.

Who was it again that started a thread about "I hate women"?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Don't be so sure that global issues in a woman's world would be solved at the next Tupperware party.

Technology has given women the appearance of equality. I teach my daughter that in a physical attack she cannot prevail, in spite of what she sees in the movies. This is why we go to the range twice a year with the pistol that I bought her.
You are wrong. In spite of what you believe, your daughter should be taught to fight back. She might not have a gun with her when she is attacked, but she always has her skill and strength. Here is what you should also be teaching:

• Most assaults occur from someone you trust; your boyfriend, your uncle, your neighbor, your doctor.
  • Beware of people who become obsessive or abusive or bullying or who just make you feel apprehensive. Don't be around them alone when they are drinking or angry or scary.
  • Always consider an assault to be life-threatening. Don't assume that cooperating with an attacker will keep you from getting hurt or killed.
  • Learn to say "No" loudly, vigorously, and often.
  • Attract help.
  • Get away. Don't go to the second place with your attacker.
  • Be willing and prepared to hurt your attacker or to kill him to protect yourself.
  • Don't think you're weaker just because you're smaller. Attack the guy's soft spots - his eyes, nose, mouth, thyroid, groin and joints. And remember - your body is your weapon. Learn self-defense and practice it regularly.
Believe it or not, we need to be told these characteristics in others to avoid:

• Selfish, putting themselves first and ignoring needs of others.
  • Lying
  • Bullying
  • Excessive anger
  • Belittling
  • Negative behavior and comments
  • Hostile or threatening language or actions
  • Brooding or vengeful
  • Obsessive
  • Previous history of sexual assault or behavior
  • Mood swings or tantrums
  • A 'jock' or someone with a 'macho' image of himself
  • A mean drunk or an abuser of alcohol or drugs.

This must be the same guy that couldn't work up the nerve to ask his CFI out on a date. And had to post anonymously then.

Let’s be honest for a moment here. If socially-constructed colonialist gender roles were reversed and women had historically joined the workforce and men stayed at home in the kitchen the world would be a much better place.

For starters you wouldn’t have bankers pillaging the global economy to benefit their own self-interest – research indicates that women, unlike men who only think about themselves, think about how their actions affect others. No woman would take a multi-million dollar bonus while her fellow citizens were left drowning in poverty.

Think about it. What is twenty-first century capitalism missing? Why are all these giant corporations exploiting the environment and the weak? It’s because corporate America is still an old boys club. Imagine a corporate world dominated by feminine energy. Imagine a world where corporations had compassion and empathy for their employees, a world where the collective interest is always held in higher regard than self-interest. Imagine a world where female leaders worked together to solve their disputes collaboratively as opposed to resorting to patriarchal expressions of masculine domination like war.

Many of these age-old problems such as hunger, poverty, war and abuse would disappear, virtually overnight, if women were in charge of the world.

What evidence do you have to show the traits you don't like are gender caused and not societal imprinting? Can you point to a modern culture where women lead and it was any different? So much of the roles and values we play and use are imprinted on us at a young age by the society we live in.

I know more women than men, who are hyper focused on making the mighty buck (I don't personally have a problem with that. We live in a capitalistic society.). Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand) was written by a women and speaks to a generation of capitalists. I didn't really care for the book, but it certainly highlights that women are perfectly capable of the same attitudes and behaviors as men.

Interesting hypothesis.

How do you suppose a generally less risk-taking person in the workplace/gov't and greater risk-taking role in the home would affect the overall trajectory of society?

Would putting the woman in the historical workplace or gov't seat end up making the woman more like a man? Would putting the man in the historical kitchen or at the child's bedside make the man more like a woman?

We are both making very broad generalizations here. There will always be "outliers".

They can't change a car tire yet people think they could create and drive an economy. Silly. They don't/can't build anything. I know there are exceptions but they are few and far between. How many women homebuilders are there? Women create babies and consume trinkets, build and run an economy never.

The most perplexing thing about women IMO is that they seem so passive about the way that women are treated in a large part of the world. In certain cultures they are worth less than farm animals, their word means nothing, they are limited to being baby making slaves regardless of aptitude. While women display passion about things like the over use of Walmart plastic bags, or rail about abortion rights, they stand by and let a growing part of the worlds population marginalize them.

If some large and growing part of the world was completely dedicated to enslaving me, well, let's just say those would be fighting words.:dunno:

Misogyny may be a little to broad, but...
We have greedy women CEOs, and bad women cops

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

I know more women than men, who are hyper focused on making the mighty buck

a generally less risk-taking person

They can't change a car tire

they seem so passive about the way that women are treated in a large part of the world
... generalizations, making women to be what????:dunno:

Greedy, furious, less risk-taking, incompetent, passive?

[Edit. Sorry about replacing this post, it was my intention to make a second post to clarify this one.]

Last edited:
Look at how quickly this thread devolved into misogyny.

That wasn't my perspective at all. I was just pointing out that over generalizations don't work. People are people. I don't believe that most gender based personality characteristics are genetic. Sure many woman can be nurturing, but I have seen men successfully play that role, too, when the mom went AWOL.

They can't change a car tire yet people think they could create and drive an economy. Silly. They don't/can't build anything. I know there are exceptions but they are few and far between. How many women homebuilders are there? Women create babies and consume trinkets, build and run an economy never.

But then ask yourself how many women are in prison vs men. How many are not married but sole family providers. Just a look at the daily news and you will notice that most crimes are commited by men. And when you are in Russia check who is carrying the hammer at the railroad tracks. This maybe a better world if the female population would double that of male.

Question: If you were on a remote isolated island for life would you rather be with a dozen of good looking women or a dozen of big macho guys.

If I am on that island I would like to be with these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djNjQAGC07I

I love women (old and young) and that may be my weakness.

José

Last edited:
Look at how quickly this thread devolved into misogyny.

Misogyny, really? Quite the opposite in my case, but whatever you want to take from my post.

That wasn't my perspective at all. I was just pointing out that over generalizations don't work. People are people. I don't believe that most gender based personality characteristics are genetic. Sure many woman can be nurturing, but I have seen men successfully play that role, too, when the mom went AWOL.

yeah, I think you kinda misunderstood my post as well, auntpeggy

But then ask yourself how many women are in prison vs men. How many are not married but sole family providers. Just a look at the daily news and you will notice that most crimes are commited by men. And when you are in Russia check who is carrying the hammer at the railroad tracks. This maybe a better world if the female population would double that of male.

Question: If you were on a remote isolated island for life would you rather be with a dozen of good looking women or a dozen of big macho guys.

If I am on that island I would like to be with these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djNjQAGC07I

I love women (old and young) and that may be my weakness.

José
Dunno with a dozen big macho guys we could build a boat and sail to freedom or sail to another island to capture some war brides and bring them back. A dozen good looking women are just going to spend all their energy hating on each other while no builds anything with hot running water.:lol:

You are wrong. In spite of what you believe, your daughter should be taught to fight back. She might not have a gun with her when she is attacked, but she always has her skill and strength. Here is what you should also be teaching:

• Most assaults occur from someone you trust; your boyfriend, your uncle, your neighbor, your doctor.
  • Beware of people who become obsessive or abusive or bullying or who just make you feel apprehensive. Don't be around them alone when they are drinking or angry or scary.
  • Always consider an assault to be life-threatening. Don't assume that cooperating with an attacker will keep you from getting hurt or killed.
  • Learn to say "No" loudly, vigorously, and often.
  • Attract help.
  • Get away. Don't go to the second place with your attacker.
  • Be willing and prepared to hurt your attacker or to kill him to protect yourself.
  • Don't think you're weaker just because you're smaller. Attack the guy's soft spots - his eyes, nose, mouth, thyroid, groin and joints. And remember - your body is your weapon. Learn self-defense and practice it regularly.
Believe it or not, we need to be told these characteristics in others to avoid:

• Selfish, putting themselves first and ignoring needs of others.
  • Lying
  • Bullying
  • Excessive anger
  • Belittling
  • Negative behavior and comments
  • Hostile or threatening language or actions
  • Brooding or vengeful
  • Obsessive
  • Previous history of sexual assault or behavior
  • Mood swings or tantrums
  • A 'jock' or someone with a 'macho' image of himself
  • A mean drunk or an abuser of alcohol or drugs.

Yep, AuntPeggy knows just how you should raise your kids.

This is all kind of a moot point since, as a society, we already decided you're supposed to leave opportunities open for all and judge people on their own individual merits not the category the fall into. It is understood we don't always meet that ideal, but it's the ideal we should strive towards.

The truth is we have all kinds of people in the world and it takes all kinds to make everything work. My wife has patience for things I just couldn't stand after a short amount of time, I have an aptitude for things she has no interest in.

I think you'd find less women with the right aptitudes for certain positions than there are men, but once you found those few women I don't think things would be that much different than now. That's just how things tend to work out, it takes a special sort of jerk to play politics effectively.

You're either joking, instigating a battle of the sexes or you, my friend are being artfully manipulated by the womenfolk in your life. My wife can do anything she puts her mind to because her parents, and especially her dad taught her she could. I hope to goodness you're not raising daughters...

Dunno with a dozen big macho guys we could build a boat and sail to freedom or sail to another island to capture some war brides and bring them back. A dozen good looking women are just going to spend all their energy hating on each other while no builds anything with hot running water.:lol:

Ok Greg will drop you on the machos island. While I will drop myself on Octopussy Island:)

José

Ok Greg will drop you on the machos island. While I will drop myself on Octopussy Island:)

José

And in this hypothetical, my merry band of macho men will raid your island, kill you, kill your children, and take your women. Sucker. Thank god for the war bride wiring in women's heads.:rofl:

You're either joking, instigating a battle of the sexes or you, my friend are being artfully manipulated by the womenfolk in your life. My wife can do anything she puts her mind to because her parents, and especially her dad taught her she could. I hope to goodness you're not raising daughters...

How much can she bench press?:lol: Anything you say right?

How much can she bench press?:lol: Anything you say right?

And how exactly does upper body strength have anything whatsoever to do with your previous statement?

My wife (and others, I'm sure) can change a tire. I'm willing to bet the women in your life can change a tire. They may not prefer to and might just be good at manipulating you to do it. I won't even respond to this notion of women "creating babies and consuming trinkets." While they may not have every answer, I'm sure you know in your gut that women are way more capable than you give them credit for being.

... derp derp derp derp derp derp derp derp...

Doesn't this social justice warrior propaganda belong in the SZ??

Having fought with the RadFems in the Skeptics and Atheist movements, I'd have to say no, women in charge would be even worse.

The women who rise to the top tend to be the intellectually dishonest, attention whoring, Borderline Personality Disorder types.

Doesn't this social justice warrior propaganda belong in the SZ??

Having fought with the RadFems in the Skeptics and Atheist movements, I'd have to say no, women in charge would be even worse.

The women who rise to the top tend to be the intellectually dishonest, attention whoring, Borderline Personality Disorder types.

Yes, but how are they different from all other women? <i kid, i kid, i kid>

Yes, but how are they different from all other women? <i kid, i kid, i kid>

LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a reason that Bordeline Personality Disorder rates are 6 times higher in women than men.

Anyways, it just happns so that Thunderf00t has made another video about the poison of feminism.

How is this thread not in the SZ?

And in this hypothetical, my merry band of macho men will raid your island, kill you, kill your children, and take your women. Sucker. Thank god for the war bride wiring in women's heads.:rofl:

Not in my island were Angelina Jolie has trained all the girls. Feel sorry about you on that island with all those machotes. Anyone cuddle you during those cold nights? Maybe OJ or Mike Tyson.

José

Last edited:
This looks like one big flame/trollfest, but just for kicks...

Once I started noticing a large number of embezzling cases in the city I lived in. I started paying closer attention to newspaper articles, and saw that the vast majority were women. Am I to believe that when large numbers of women are in positions of power, there will be no lying, cheating, or stealing?

you are going to hide behind girls? yeah they will love you long time for being that way.

:yeahthat:

Not to make this political, but Hilary Clinton was widely criticized for not accepting the wife and mother role first ladies took on in the white house. Women, in particular, were collectively appalled when it was revealed that she was the mastermind behind Bill's upward mobility. We hadn't seen a woman be so overtly manipulative since Lady MacBeth. Now that everybody's aware of her blood thirsty desire to rule we no longer classify her ambition as "uncharacteristically masculine".

There's nothing gender specific about having the desire to use ambition, greed, exploitation or even good old fashioned capitalism to advance one's career, status or social standing. Besides, if we're honest with ourselves, we actually prefer jerks to rule. History has shown us that they get the job done. I'll take a competent jerk over an humble "jelly back" any day, no matter the gender.

Women were appalled? I don't think so. A number of women in my life said they had zero surprise that she was the mastermind behind that couple. None.

As far as competent jerks go, I somewhat agree but tend to not work for them for very long. I can always find someone as competent who isn't as ass to work for.

Back