Women > Men

Misogyny may be a little to broad, but...

... generalizations, making women to be what????:dunno:

Greedy, furious, less risk-taking, incompetent, passive?

[Edit. Sorry about replacing this post, it was my intention to make a second post to clarify this one.]

My comment was clearly saying that women are as big a jerks as men in response to the OP's little Utopia where women fix everything.

Can't fix humans being jerks. If you think that statement was mysogenistic, you're flat not paying attention.

Jerks is jerks.

You are wrong. In spite of what you believe, your daughter should be taught to fight back. She might not have a gun with her when she is attacked, but she always has her skill and strength.

Skill and strength of a 100lb woman won't prevail over a 6' 3" 230lb male that resembles a silverback gorilla in a knife fight in a phone booth. :no:

Women were appalled? I don't think so. A number of women in my life said they had zero surprise that she was the mastermind behind that couple. None.

Okay, maybe not appalled, but traditional women were at the very least taken aback by Mrs. Clinton's unapologetic ambition while first lady.

As far as competent jerks go, I somewhat agree but tend to not work for them for very long. I can always find someone as competent who isn't as ass to work for.

Personally, I think it's weird in general for anyone to spend their life building and developing someone else's success, so even working for a competent jerk for any longer than what is necessary to build and develop your own success is just stupid.

Originally Posted by AuntPeggy
You are wrong. In spite of what you believe, your daughter should be taught to fight back. She might not have a gun with her when she is attacked, but she always has her skill and strength.

Skill and strength of a 100lb woman won't prevail over a 6' 3" 230lb male that resembles a silverback gorilla in a knife fight in a phone booth. :no:

Then maybe 100lb women should be taught to avoid knife fights in phone booths? :dunno:

Either way, women are empowered by their skill and strength, even when determining that they're physically overmatched. You can teach your daughter both; how to take out a dirtbag with a handgun and what to do if said dirtbag gets to her before she can draw.

This must be the same guy that couldn't work up the nerve to ask his CFI out on a date. And had to post anonymously then.

That doesn't seem consistent with the "I hate women..." thread.

The evidence for trolling has gotten stronger, though. :rofl:

Let’s be honest for a moment here. If socially-constructed colonialist gender roles were reversed and women had historically joined the workforce and men stayed at home in the kitchen the world would be a much better place.

For starters you wouldn’t have bankers pillaging the global economy to benefit their own self-interest – research indicates that women, unlike men who only think about themselves, think about how their actions affect others. No woman would take a multi-million dollar bonus while her fellow citizens were left drowning in poverty.

Think about it. What is twenty-first century capitalism missing? Why are all these giant corporations exploiting the environment and the weak? It’s because corporate America is still an old boys club. Imagine a corporate world dominated by feminine energy. Imagine a world where corporations had compassion and empathy for their employees, a world where the collective interest is always held in higher regard than self-interest. Imagine a world where female leaders worked together to solve their disputes collaboratively as opposed to resorting to patriarchal expressions of masculine domination like war.

Many of these age-old problems such as hunger, poverty, war and abuse would disappear, virtually overnight, if women were in charge of the world.

Trying to pick a fight eh? Must be that time of the month. :yikes:

-John

Personally, I think it's weird in general for anyone to spend their life building and developing someone else's success, so even working for a competent jerk for any longer than what is necessary to build and develop your own success is just stupid.

OT, but ... LOL... What are you saying? That everyone should be an independent contractor and no one should ever be an employee?

I think you have to consider what you deem "success" to be, a little more carefully. One can be quite successful and still be an employee.

Technically the CEO is an employee of the BoD, but they're all on each other's Boards... so that may be a bad example. ;)

The trick isn't whether you're an employee. It's whether or not the people you work for are picking your pocket, and since they all are, it's really to what degree. :)

OT, but ... LOL... What are you saying? That everyone should be an independent contractor and no one should ever be an employee?

I think you have to consider what you deem "success" to be, a little more carefully. One can be quite successful and still be an employee.

Technically the CEO is an employee of the BoD, but they're all on each other's Boards... so that may be a bad example. ;)

The trick isn't whether you're an employee. It's whether or not the people you work for are picking your pocket, and since they all are, it's really to what degree. :)

Being a lifetime employee would have significantly limited my income. I don't believe there's anything wrong with being an employee, I'm just not comfortable with the limits.

Being a lifetime employee would have significantly limited my income. I don't believe there's anything wrong with being an employee, I'm just not comfortable with the limits.

Fair enough. There are numerous job roles that due to government regulation or whatever, aren't easily done as an individual.

In my case, I can pretty easily go out on my own but the *scale* of the systems and things I would work on would either be significantly smaller -- or they'd be significantly FUBAR'd up -- and I'd be there as a contractor/consultant to clean up a huge mess. Could be fun or could be a nightmare. Probably a lot of travel, too. Looking over the pay scales for that silliness, it's not currently worth it to me.

Where are all the misogynist???? This thread is so nice, I can't believe it.

Did anyone watch the Cowboys get whooped yesterday while laying on the couch alternately scratching and drinking beer? Perhaps not, after all it's a testosterone sponsored blood sport suitable for the large forehead types.:)

Where are all the misogynist???? This thread is so nice, I can't believe it.

Did anyone watch the Cowboys get whooped yesterday while laying on the couch alternately scratching and drinking beer? Perhaps not, after all it's a testosterone sponsored blood sport suitable for the large forehead types.:)

Swedes? :wink2:

A good kick in the balls will bring him to his knees.

Ask me how I know.

I was 17 and around 100 lb. when attacked by a "silverback". He was a furniture mover and very determined. He was also drunk. Screaming, yelling, and kicking did just fine.

Not all attackers resemble a silverback gorilla. Not all women are 100 lb. However, when I was 105 lb. it really didn't take much thought or effort to break the nose of another young man who put his hand where it did not belong. When I weighed less than 100 lb, it was possible to run away and get help.

The first three times I was sexually attacked, I was too young to do much about it, but when I was eleven my Dad taught me how to kill a man. I never did, but I have defended myself adequately since then.

If you tell your daughter that the only way to protect herself is with a gun, you are teaching her to be a victim.

I was 17 and around 100 lb. when attacked by a "silverback". He was a furniture mover and very determined. He was also drunk. Screaming, yelling, and kicking did just fine.

Not all attackers resemble a silverback gorilla. Not all women are 100 lb. However, when I was 105 lb. it really didn't take much thought or effort to break the nose of another young man who put his hand where it did not belong. When I weighed less than 100 lb, it was possible to run away and get help.

The first three times I was sexually attacked, I was too young to do much about it, but when I was eleven my Dad taught me how to kill a man. I never did, but I have defended myself adequately since then.

If you tell your daughter that the only way to protect herself is with a gun, you are teaching her to be a victim.

With you here!

If you need a gun to level the playing field as an able bodied person you are in the he wrong part of the world. The women in my life have firearms to place the odds squarely in their favor.

Fortunately Angie's one "incident" had her out running her pursuit for about a mile. It was the last time she went for a run at 1:00am though.

"Know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em".

I've started a few businesses in my life and done the independent consultant thing.

Not all success comes from doing it yourself, you can be successful working with/for others. Partnerships come to mind - you can be much more successful & serve your customers better if you have partners to share the load... in that case you'd be bringing success to all. Or you could work for a company where success is shared in some fashion (help to build and develop a company where you have a path to leadership).

And, frankly, there are times where working for someone else (e.g. a large company) makes sense if it allows you to successfully deal with personal or family issues, such as caring for elderly parents, without worrying about making payroll each month.

I still recall one question from the admissions application for B-school: "How do you define 'success'?"

OP,
Negative ,
Women = men

Different? Yes.

Better on the whole? Nope

The thing people need to understand is the differnce between how a male sociopath and female sociopath operate. Men tend to be more overt in their abuse of other people, they try to assert dominance in a fairly direct manner. Sociopathic women are far more subtle and clever. They will often play the role of the victim in order to manipulate people into doing their dirty work for them. Women who are constant sources of drama who are always claiming to be victims of abuse, are often the abusers themselves. They're wolves in sheeps clothing.

You are wrong. In spite of what you believe, your daughter should be taught to fight back. She might not have a gun with her when she is attacked, but she always has her skill and strength. Here is what you should also be teaching:

• Most assaults occur from someone you trust; your boyfriend, your uncle, your neighbor, your doctor.
  • Beware of people who become obsessive or abusive or bullying or who just make you feel apprehensive. Don't be around them alone when they are drinking or angry or scary.
  • Always consider an assault to be life-threatening. Don't assume that cooperating with an attacker will keep you from getting hurt or killed.
  • Learn to say "No" loudly, vigorously, and often.
  • Attract help.
  • Get away. Don't go to the second place with your attacker.
  • Be willing and prepared to hurt your attacker or to kill him to protect yourself.
  • Don't think you're weaker just because you're smaller. Attack the guy's soft spots - his eyes, nose, mouth, thyroid, groin and joints. And remember - your body is your weapon. Learn self-defense and practice it regularly.
Believe it or not, we need to be told these characteristics in others to avoid:

• Selfish, putting themselves first and ignoring needs of others.
  • Lying
  • Bullying
  • Excessive anger
  • Belittling
  • Negative behavior and comments
  • Hostile or threatening language or actions
  • Brooding or vengeful
  • Obsessive
  • Previous history of sexual assault or behavior
  • Mood swings or tantrums
  • A 'jock' or someone with a 'macho' image of himself
  • A mean drunk or an abuser of alcohol or drugs.

So you support killing an attacker as long as it isn't with a gun?

So you support killing an attacker as long as it isn't with a gun?

Bullets are too quick.

First 1,000 agonizing groin kicks. Done while reciting Virginia Woolf.

Then, finish them with the five point palm exploding heart technique.

Bullets are too quick.

First 1,000 agonizing groin kicks. Done while reciting Virginia Woolf.

Then, finish them with the five point palm exploding heart technique.

Please explain.

That is pretty much a perfect list of the jerk traits women love.:goofy:
[/LIST]
Believe it or not, we need to be told these characteristics in others to avoid:

• Selfish, putting themselves first and ignoring needs of others.
  • Lying
  • Bullying
  • Excessive anger
  • Belittling
  • Negative behavior and comments
  • Hostile or threatening language or actions
  • Brooding or vengeful
  • Obsessive
  • Previous history of sexual assault or behavior
  • Mood swings or tantrums
  • A 'jock' or someone with a 'macho' image of himself
  • A mean drunk or an abuser of alcohol or drugs.

That is pretty much a perfect list of the jerk traits women love.:goofy:

I tend to agree with Pablo Picasso who said that there are only two types of women, Goddesses and doormats. The "doormats" I've met in my life do seem to seek out the jerk attributes.

Back