Woman Attacking Flight Attendant Gets Prison Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you keep pouring gas on a flame over a pointless mask, that is idiotic. I know that’s not what the TV and politicians tell us we should think.

Do you really think we would be talking about this flight if the FA just went with the “she was eating” approach and left the person alone instead?

It wasn't just about the mask, though.

Flight attendants have a job to do. Part of that job includes enforcing regulations and policies… for everyone, not just the ones who like it. I don’t care one bit whether you think the rules make sense or not. Every single passenger agrees to follow the rules, regulations, and airline policies when they book their ticket. If you don’t agree with them and don’t want to wear a mask when required, or wear a seat belt, or put your silly tray table up when required, then you can always find some way of getting to your destination that doesn’t include a commercial airline flight. People who ***** and moan about the rules after they agree to follow them get zero sympathy from me.

Idiot 1
The flight attendant who started the fight with a pax and poured fire on a non flight safety issue

Idiot 2
The pax who lost her cool, couldn’t keep her hands to her self and finished the flight

Now I would wager if the FA put more effort to keeping coffee full than playing covid cop, the flight would have been uneventful.

There are no victims here, if I was on the flight deck I’d have more of a issue with one of my FAs escalating trivial matters to fisticuffs in back of the plane, vs some random pax not wearing a 99 cent mask properly.
According to the article linked in the opening post of this thread, the airline said that the passenger also refused to fasten her seat belt or put her tray table up for landing. I was under the impression that those were considered to be flight-safety issues.

When you keep pouring gas on a flame over a pointless mask, that is idiotic. I know that’s not what the TV and politicians tell us we should think.

Do you really think we would be talking about this flight if the FA just went with the “she was eating” approach and left the person alone instead?
It’s almost funny how you change the subject when your idiotic comments are addressed. I’m not talking about masks. Masks have nothing to do with what you said regarding flight attendants being nothing more than waitresses. Try again Archie.

Like Jack making a stupid comment about why FA are required to wear watches…he said so they would not be late…lol… it’s actually an FAA requirement for cabin crew as some emergencies are time sensitive and things like compressions on CPR…among other task like when masked drop from a decompression…

Here is a good one for you happened yesterday to my wife out of IAD…gate agent banging on the door after closure and after getting permission from the flight deck opened it to let on a senior captain for the jump seat…plane pushed back and after an announcement the jump seat captain rushes forward (he took an open seat) figured out he was not on a plane going to Denver but Montego Bay…she said he was agitated, shaking like a wet dog and everything stopped. She informed the flight deck and Captain had to exit the cockpit to figure out what’s happening…they actually taxied back to the gate and let him off…FYI Captain was same company…you would be surprised what they can deal with…

Like Jack making a stupid comment about why FA are required to wear watches…he said so they would not be late…lol… it’s actually an FAA requirement for cabin crew as some emergencies are time sensitive and things like compressions on CPR…among other task like when masked drop from a decompression…

Here is a good one for you happened yesterday to my wife out of IAD…gate agent banging on the door after closure and after getting permission from the flight deck opened it to let on a senior captain for the jump seat…plane pushed back and after an announcement the jump seat captain rushes forward (he took an open seat) figured out he was not on a plane going to Denver but Montego Bay…she said he was agitated, shaking like a wet dog and everything stopped. She informed the flight deck and Captain had to exit the cockpit to figure out what’s happening…they actually taxied back to the gate and let him off…FYI Captain was same company…you would be surprised what they can deal with…
All lies. She’s just a waitress with a watch to keep her on schedule. JaackAs said so. It must be true. He calls it how he sees it.

Sorry to say something bad about your hero’s, I’d imagine indoc with HR influence FAs are right up there with TSA for front line heros, they aren’t though, flight attendants are more akin to a waitress than flight crew, no matter the titles ones gives them, they are not the police, they are not pilots, they are not even flight engineers.

That flight still would have been safer if she just left well enough alone, someone with experience beyond that of a air waitress would know this. Some dumb pax with a tray table down and no belt is MUCH better than a fist fight.

Last edited:
According to the article linked in the opening post of this thread, the airline said that the passenger also refused to fasten her seat belt or put her tray table up for landing. I was under the impression that those were considered to be flight-safety issues.

They are! The kind of jacked-up logic (if one could call it that) being offered by people with no understanding is a reminder of a certain Baltimore mayor that wanted to let those that wanted to destroy the city have the space to do so.

Laws, rules, & regulations are given for a reason. When you start "overlooking" the enforcement of laws, rules, and regulations for one individual so that we can have peace you have entered into the place where peace and security are taken away. If one person can disobey without consequence then all are then allowed to disobey without consequence. I agree with others that say if you don't want to follow the rules of the airline, find another way to get to your destination. Is it really that difficult to understand?

Last edited:
They are! The kind of jacked-up logic (if one could call it that) being offered by people with no understanding is a reminder of a certain Boston mayor that wanted to let those that wanted to destroy the city have the space to do so.

Laws, rules, & regulations are given for a reason. When you start "overlooking" the enforcement of laws, rules, and regulations for one individual so that we can have peace you have entered into the place where peace and security are taken away. If one person can disobey without consequence then all are then allowed to disobey without consequence. I agree with others that say if you don't want to follow the rules of the airline, find another way to get to your destination. Is it really that difficult to understand?

Like when you start a high speed chase through residential areas over a minor traffic stop?

Too many wannabe judge dread types these days.

Should have just put her on the airlines naughty list and not flown her again.

Last edited:
They are! The kind of jacked-up logic (if one could call it that) being offered by people with no understanding is a reminder of a certain Boston mayor that wanted to let those that wanted to destroy the city have the space to do so.
Baltimore.

Sorry to say something bad about your hero’s, I’d imagine indoc with HR influence FAs are right up there with TSA for front line heros, they aren’t though, flight attendants are more akin to a waitress than flight crew, no matter the titles ones gives them, they are not the police, they are not pilots, they are not even flight engineers.

That flight still would have been safer if she just left well enough alone, someone with experience beyond that of a air waitress would know this. Some dumb pax with a tray table down and no belt is MUCH better than a fist fight.
HR and TSA has nothing to do with my opinions regarding cabin crew. I can assure you they are part of my crew. You just keep showing off your ignorance. I don’t think I have ever read anything as dumb as what you have posted since you joined this board. I have a feeling people like you are why the rest of us have to put up with HR telling us how to behave like adults.

HR and TSA has nothing to do with my opinions regarding cabin crew. I can assure you they are part of my crew. You just keep showing off your ignorance.

Not sure how long you have been flying, give it time.

Twenty four years this summer. How long before I have this epiphany that every single flight attendant I’ve ever worked with was really just a useless waitress?

And you still consider them actual flight crew? Huh

Having epiphany for them is one thing, they are your coworkers and some are probably very nice, but they are not Air Marshals, or anything along those lines, now that more and more planes having all the pax briefings on the headrest TVs, FAs mostly just hand out cheap snacks and ring up cards for stale beer. If I was on the flight deck I would have much preferred Karen 1 to have just walked away from Karen 2, lot less aftermath and my flight would not have made the news.

How are they supposed to know which pax are going to get violent?

From the linked article
"Vyvianna Quinonez’s sentence came almost a year to the date after she swung wildly at the Southwest Airlines employee on a flight from Sacramento to San Diego.

The then-28-year-old grabbed the flight attendant by the hair and punched her in the head and face, leaving the victim with three chipped teeth and a battered eye that required stitches, according to prosecutors."

Yes, Jackk, let's blame the FA. It was obviously justified.

what is wrong with people. Take a deep breath and count to ten. A good one is to ask yourself," what are the consequenses of what I'm about to do."

Well that depends. Some people will do anything they want because they know they can get away with it. Some will try anything to see if they can get away with it. Many will succeed with getting away with breaking the rules because idiots demand to allow them do what they want against the clear rules that are set in place and obeyed by everyone else.

The failed logic (that's not logical) that says "we don't want no trouble on this flight so let it go" is asinine when the only trouble came from the person who was not only disregarding the rules but was the one that initiated a violent attack against a person that was simply doing the job assigned to them. Kinda like shooting the messenger.

People ask what's wrong with the world today ... with a lot of folks it is the attitude that if we ignore disobedience, lawlessness, evil, etc. that it will go away or if we be nice to bad people they won't hurt us.

How many times are you gonna let the bully steal your lunch and eat it in front of you?

Having epiphany for them is one thing, they are your coworkers and some are probably very nice, but they are not Air Marshals, or anything along those lines, now that more and more planes having all the pax briefings on the headrest TVs, FAs mostly just hand out cheap snacks and ring up cards for stale beer. If I was on the flight deck I would have much preferred Karen 1 to have just walked away from Karen 2, lot less aftermath and my flight would not have made the news.
I know they are flight crew.

What do you know?

So what instructions do you give your FAs? Do you tell them to just not bother checking to see whether people have put on their seat belts and put up their tray tables before landing?

From the linked article
"Vyvianna Quinonez’s sentence came almost a year to the date after she swung wildly at the Southwest Airlines employee on a flight from Sacramento to San Diego.

The then-28-year-old grabbed the flight attendant by the hair and punched her in the head and face, leaving the victim with three chipped teeth and a battered eye that required stitches, according to prosecutors."

Yes, Jackk, let's blame the FA. It was obviously justified.

I clearly never said that.

Ramping up a confrontation with someone over a stupid subject to the point it ends up in a fight is just dumb. Know when to leave it alone, FA was on a Covid fueled power trip, which seemed to be even more contagious back then than the virus, she got some chipped teeth out of the deal.

There were two idiots in that match

So what instructions do you give your FAs? Do you tell them to just not bother checking to see whether people have put on their seat belts and put up their tray tables before landing?

Use common sense.

Have them follow the rules, but don’t get into a damn fist fight over a stupid mask.

Shy of someone trying to open the flight deck door, light something on fire, etc, if it’s a tray table or a useless paper mask, the juice ain’t worth the squeeze, or in this case teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back