Woman Attacking Flight Attendant Gets Prison Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
That put's a light on things. Did they at least try to buy some volunteers first? I ain't excusing or accusing here. Just wondering.
Yes they did. IIRC they got a couple of volunteers, but not enough. (The incident is discussed in great detail in the thread linked in post #37.)

Yes, they did but got no volunteers. I don’t know whether they exhausted all options to reposition their crew, like buying seats on another airline, but I doubt it.

The whole situation was initiated, then escalated, by UAL. I guess smashing guitars wasn’t quite enough for them...
Somebody said above he won a pretty good settlement from UAL. Somebody made the call. I would suppose he isn't working for UAL anymore. Wonder if the settlement was able to get to him personally for liability. So what's the smashing guitar story?

Yes they did. IIRC they got a couple of volunteers, but not enough. (The incident is discussed in great detail in the thread linked in post #37.)
Ah. 37. Thx

EDIT: Aghhh!!! 6 pages.:mad2: I think I'll just keep asking questions here

They ordered him off so they could reposition a flight crew. The airline ordered a paying, ticketed customer off their aircraft to accommodate their own employees due to poor management and planning.

When he refused to deplane, the airline had security personnel (not Chicago police) forcibly remove him. They knocked him unconscious then laughed as they dragged him down the aisle.

I get that. I guess what I was asking was if an airline deplanes someone against their will because they didn’t volunteer, do they get their checked bags?

I get that. I guess what I was asking was if an airline deplanes someone against their will because they didn’t volunteer, do they get their checked bags?
Hmm. Maybe they know who did and didn't check bags. If they get volunteers I'd guess they get warned that they might have to catch up to their bags.

I was referring to the mask mandate being illegal.
Well, to be fair, the mask mandate was "illegal" in the sense that one Federal district court judge, in Florida IIRC, declared that it exceeded CDC's authority. As stated above, DOJ has appealed. The way such things go these days, the decision could be appealed and reversed multiple times, all the way to the Supreme Court, depending how far the players wish to go.

It was always illegal.
A mandate is NOT a law.
According to the judge's ruling, the mandate was a regulation published in the Federal Register. I don't think either the flight attendant or the airline had any way of knowing whether or not it was adopted in a lawful manner. When the judge declared it unlawful and vacated it, the airlines stopped requiring it.

According to that article, it wasn't "all" over a face mask. She was also refusing to put on her seat belt and put up her tray table:

Vyvianna Quinonez’s sentence came almost a year to the date after she swung wildly at the Southwest Airlines employee on a flight from Sacramento to San Diego.

The then-28-year-old grabbed the flight attendant by the hair and punched her in the head and face, leaving the victim with three chipped teeth and a battered eye that required stitches, according to prosecutors.

Airline officials say Quinonez refused to properly wear a face mask, put on her seat belt or put up her tray table, bickering with flight attendants when they asked her to comply with federal regulations. She shouted profanities and started filming one of the attendants on her phone before standing up and shoving the other woman.​

Hmm. Maybe they know who did and didn't check bags. If they get volunteers I'd guess they get warned that they might have to catch up to their bags.

not normally. I’ve been on many flights where we were held while they offloaded a missing/deplaned passenger’s bag. But, as Bob noted, at some point you can be separated, it’s just not desired.

Every year thousands of bags go on planes to places, without the bags owner. My last time on an airliner, I flew to Scotland, my suitcase went to France. The airlines have perfected sending luggage to the wrong places it seems!

Every year thousands of bags go on planes to places, without the bags owner. My last time on an airliner, I flew to Scotland, my suitcase went to France. The airlines have perfected sending luggage to the wrong places it seems!
I got it. If they fly your bag to the wrong place, they have to offer you a flight to that place to pick it up. Two nights lodging and meals included.

For airlines, are the aircraft considered "private property"? If so, can't they refuse service to anyone at any time and ask anyone to leave their private property at any time? Couldn't they also say "You must wear purple polka-dotted shirts on all our flights" and refuse service to anyone that didn't have the correct shirt or removed their special shirt once on-board?

For airlines, are the aircraft considered "private property"? If so, can't they refuse service to anyone at any time and ask anyone to leave their private property at any time? Couldn't they also say "You must wear purple polka-dotted shirts on all our flights" and refuse service to anyone that didn't have the correct shirt or removed their special shirt once on-board?
I’d bet that if you read the fine print when you buy the ticket, it says they can kick you off if they want to.

I’d bet that if you read the fine print when you buy the ticket, it says they can kick you off if they want to.

It might. But if a lawsuit results and it goes to a jury, any juror who's ever flown on an airline will probably ignore that and screw the airline to maximum extent they can.

With how many tax payer bail outs the airlines have received, with no vote from the tax payer, it’s hard to really consider them private at this point.

Actually this is a rather harsh sentence. The loss of a year’s wages for most people will result in a loss of their home,car, job, savings, and maybe custody of their children.
Maybe people should learn to control themselves. I am disgusted with the current trend to flee from custody or try to fight their way out of it, and then complain about the consequences. Unfairness is a part of life. The beauty of this country is that you have the forum and the opportunity to make it right. That place is not the aisle of an aircraft.

I remember learning that, "No one can make me angry, I have to allow it." It's not always as easy as it sounds. Having temperance is a valuable trait for humans.

With how many tax payer bail outs the airlines have received, with no vote from the tax payer, it’s hard to really consider them private at this point.
There was vote. Those bailouts were done by elected Law Makers.

I should rewrite my sales contracts, so if someone buys a liner load of hay, or side of beef from me, once I have their money, I can go take it back.
That would be the same equivalent as kicking off a paying passenger just because they feel like it.
These airlines need a really good hard slap from the courts, they are completely out of control.
If I were the Judge, many people would have been doing prison time over that Doctors beating, and the Doctor would have been awarded $1,000,000,000.

I should rewrite my sales contracts, so if someone buys a liner load of hay, or side of beef from me, once I have their money, I can go take it back.
That would be the same equivalent as kicking off a paying passenger just because they feel like it.
These airlines need a really good hard slap from the courts, they are completely out of control.
If I were the Judge, many people would have been doing prison time over that Doctors beating, and the Doctor would have been awarded $1,000,000,000.

Is that the analog here though?

I feel like the original story, in your scenario, is:

A truck came to your property to receive the hay/beef, did burnouts and donuts in your fields while filming it on a selfie stick out the window, you asked them to stop it, they refused, punched you in the face for asking, then you had the cops come and remove them from the property and you refunded their money. Later, they were fined and jailed for their behaviour.

He got a settlement although ain't no one saying how much it was. What happened to the doctor was unconscionable ...

You think legislators write their own laws?

They don’t.

They write them. That some of them have their head stuck so far up someone elses azz that they can't recognize the smell of s**t any more when they write, and vote on them, no argument here.

Maybe people should learn to control themselves. I am disgusted with the current trend to flee from custody or try to fight their way out of it, and then complain about the consequences. Unfairness is a part of life. The beauty of this country is that you have the forum and the opportunity to make it right. That place is not the aisle of an aircraft.

i don’t disagree, I am just pointing out there are other punishment associated with the sentence that many don’t take into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back