WnB Pro now available for sale on the App Store

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
My second iPhone application was just approved for sale on the Apple App Store. I am pretty proud of it and think that it is hands down the best solution out there. It's currently for sale at $2.99 which is pretty much a steal. The price will soon be going up.

A video demonstrating it is available at:
http://www.wnbpro.com/tutorial.php

logo.png

App description:
WnB Pro has been built from the ground up to quickly and accurately provide weight and balance calculations for nearly any general aviation aircraft. It was designed by a pilot that was not satisfied with the applications on the market. Useful for student pilots, seasoned pilots, and aviation enthusiasts.

Over twenty of the most common aircraft have been pre-configured as templates. You can easily configure a custom aircraft of your choice by entering the points on the weight and balance envelope and the aircraft’s stations. You can configure as many aircraft as you’d like.

Unlike other applications - the aircraft can be configured with as many stations, fuel tanks, and envelope points as necessary. Normal, Utility, and Aerobatic envelopes are supported!

The following aircraft are included as templates. You can edit the template to fit your aircraft or you can easily add a new one from scratch. WnB Pro is a flexible solution that easily adapts to your needs.

Beechcraft
V35A
A36

Cessna
C-150M
C-152
C-172M
C-172N
C-172P
C-172R
C-172S
C-182P
C-182Q

Cirrus
SR-20
SR-22

Diamond
DA-20-C1
DA-40

Mooney
M20J
M20C

Piper
PA-28-140
PA-28-161
PA-28-180
PA-28-181
PA-28R-200

Jess that is super work. I'd buy it if I had an iPhone. How long did it take you to write that program.

Jess that is super work. I'd buy it if I had an iPhone. How long did it take you to write that program.
Not sure exactly. I code when I'm not working my "real job".

I have a lot more ideas for what it can do - I just wanted to get it to market and see if there is demand. It's already very capable.

I would appreciate a review on the app store from those of you that have purchased it. Reviews really help my sales.

I would appreciate a review on the app store from those of you that have purchased it. Reviews really help my sales.

I'd buy it and review it, but I don't have an iPhone. When you make an Android version I'll be happy to help out. :D

I downloaded it today. I thought you were going to include a Baron but it looks like I can add one pretty easily. I only wish that there was a way to build an aircraft profile on a PC with a real keyboard. I'll post a review on the app store once I've played with it a bit.

I downloaded it today. I thought you were going to include a Baron but it looks like I can add one pretty easily. I only wish that there was a way to build an aircraft profile on a PC with a real keyboard. I'll post a review on the app store once I've played with it a bit.
I was - but as far as I know - you never sent me the information like you said :)

I can add more aircraft with updates. I'm just kind of waiting now for feedback to see what features people really want and what sort of aircraft I need to add.

Being able to add one on the PC wouldn't be a terrible thing but I'm not sure it's worth all that effort for the one or two aircraft a person would ever setup. I am going to change the keyboard used in the next release to one with larger numbers. (Apple included a large number pad with a decimal in iOS 4.1)

I've thought about adding a feature where people can submit aircraft that they've created and then I can look them over and if they're acceptable add them as templates.

I was - but as far as I know - you never sent me the information like you said :)

I can add more aircraft with updates. I'm just kind of waiting now for feedback to see what features people really want and what sort of aircraft I need to add.

Being able to add one on the PC wouldn't be a terrible thing but I'm not sure it's worth all that effort for the one or two aircraft a person would ever setup. I am going to change the keyboard used in the next release to one with larger numbers. (Apple included a large number pad with a decimal in iOS 4.1)

I've thought about adding a feature where people can submit aircraft that they've created and then I can look them over and if they're acceptable add them as templates.

Oops. I thought I already sent you that but I see it was incomplete. I just sent you an email with a spreadsheet.

Does your app allow negative weights? My PC planner doesn't so I have a line item for Unusable fuel minus the 3rd row seats. I normally leave those seats out so this allows me to add the seats back in as a positive weight.

FWIW, originally, alcohol, oil, and unusable fuel wasn't included in (dry) the empty weight. Later an AD came out requiring all that to be added to the dry empty weight to get the "basic" empty weight. I've found that many B55 pilots aren't aware of the difference and are using the dry weight without accounting for the weight of the oil and unusable fuel.

Wnb Pro v1.1 is now available on the store as a free update for those of you that have purchased. Includes two new template aircraft: Remos GX and Baron 55.

Wnb Pro v1.1 is now available on the store as a free update for those of you that have purchased. Includes two new template aircraft: Remos GX and Baron 55.
The free update hasn't shown up just yet. The new version is available for purchase.

What's all this arm and moment stuff anyway? I just take what I need and go. So far, so good.

I bought it a few days ago but haven't put it through its paces yet for the 182. I have a few of these Apps already but would rather support someone I "know", so to speak. P

lus I found a problem in another App (math error), notified the author, and was told it was a "minor problem". The app claimed to calculate taxi fuel burn, but didn't remove the fuel burnt from the takeoff weight.

Not like I'm ever that tight on W&B that I need that little bit of weight off, but it would be a significant error in most jets.

That experience taught me to do my own testing of any App I'm using against my own numbers before trusting it too much.

Jesse...will you be cross-developing for the Droid? The iPhone is a great tool, but all indications are that the Droid will surpass it in units sold shortly so there will be a HUGE market there as well.

What's all this arm and moment stuff anyway? I just take what I need and go. So far, so good.

:rofl:

This reminds me, I still haven't gotten Jesse the PA-23-250 "D" and C-310N data like I should have. Oops...

I just submitted a Universal App version which includes full native iPad views so it'll look proper on the device now. Apple will probably approve it within a week or so. It'll be a free update.

I just submitted a Universal App version which includes full native iPad views so it'll look proper on the device now. Apple will probably approve it within a week or so. It'll be a free update.

EXCELLENT! Amazing the work one can get done when laid out to rest by a bum ankle! ;)

Just purchased today. Looks like a nice simple app. Price was right so I clicked buy it now! :D

EXCELLENT! Amazing the work one can get done when laid out to rest by a bum ankle! ;)

I thought he was just showing his alien birthing process. :)

Jesse, can you post screenshots or a link to screenshots of the iPad native version of the app?

I thought he was just showing his alien birthing process. :)

Jesse, can you post screenshots or a link to screenshots of the iPad native version of the app?
It hasn't been approved by Apple yet, so it's not yet available on the store. I have some ideas yet for further improvements that'll be in later versions.

The version I submitted to the store will look like this:
http://jesseangell.com/forums/ipad/

Nice, easy controls. I like it.

Will it render happily in landscape orientation too?

Nice, easy controls. I like it.

Will it render happily in landscape orientation too?
Not yet. I did make it to where it will render inverted (it would not before).

I worked out my plane last night. That is a nice, simple app. It will be handy not to have to guess any more. Well priced, improves safety. What more do you need?

When can I submit my template for all the other 172B pilots out there?

I worked out my plane last night. That is a nice, simple app. It will be handy not to have to guess any more. Well priced, improves safety. What more do you need?

When can I submit my template for all the other 172B pilots out there?
Send me all of the info (the stations, envelope points, etc) and I'll add it in the next release.

Ooo. Same here. I think we're picking up a 172B and it might save me a little bit of effort for the initial entry.

Can that work on a Blackberry???

Can that work on a Blackberry???
Sure, if you have one that runs iOS. :wink2: Otherwise, not so much so. (Hint, there aren't any that run iOS, at least that I'm aware of.)

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with BlackBerrys to tell you if there's a comparable product out there for that platform.

WnB Pro v2.0 is now on the App Store and is a free update - it includes:

New Features:
-Share aircraft with other people
-Save calculation profile and e-mail the result
-Plus / Minus increment buttons added to iPhone version
-Negative values are now permitted on station arms and weights

Bugs fixed:
-Fixed several issues with envelope detection

I just wanted to get it to market and see if there is demand.

I see the app has been out for about a year now. So how did the demand turn out?

Figured I'd drum up a bit more interest. This is a great app, I have been using it for a month or so, and if you consider the way that my GF packs and the the additional load of xmas gifts (can I say 50lb bag of kitty litter for g-ma, and 2 cases of vino) this was a simple time saver. I was able to ensure no bad CG's both takeoff and landing in a matter of seconds versus a few min and sportys ipad E6B and then referencing the POH chart. Thanks for the hard work Jesse.

Figured I'd drum up a bit more interest. This is a great app, I have been using it for a month or so, and if you consider the way that my GF packs and the the additional load of xmas gifts (can I say 50lb bag of kitty litter for g-ma, and 2 cases of vino) this was a simple time saver. I was able to ensure no bad CG's both takeoff and landing in a matter of seconds versus a few min and sportys ipad E6B and then referencing the POH chart. Thanks for the hard work Jesse.
Thanks Matt

I left a good review so that should get you going in the right direction.

Now all I need is a Hundred Dollar Hamburger app.

I just bought your app.

Unfortunately it does not have a template for a Cardinal.

I am trying to setup one, but I really am not sure what information it is asking for in setting up the envelope, and there is no help in the app, and your web site only offers a video.

What information is needed to setup the envelopes? It looks like it is just asking for numerous arms and weights? How/where do I get that info for a specific plane.

Thanks,

-Dan

Back