Wireless over the ear headphone recommendations

jordane93

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jordan
My company gave us a new iPad which doesn’t have a headphone jack. So instead of buying a $20 adaptor, I figured I’d get with the 21st century and buy some new wireless Bluetooth headphones! Looking at Bose QC 45. I have the Bose QC 25 that I really like so that’s why I’m leaning towards the Bose. I’d like over the ear, wireless, Bluetooth, noice canceling. No ear buds since I have small ears and pretty much every ear bud doesn’t fit. Any suggestions? Budget is around $350

My wife has the QC25 and is quite happy with them. She bought them for flights on the airlines after her QC30s finally died. She uses them around the house to listen to audio books on her phone as well. I've got the 700's I bought for the same reason. I used them less now casually because the iPad and iPhone stream direct to my hearing aids.

+1 on the Bose 700, although you'd have to get used to controlling it from an app on your phone.

+1 on the Bose 700, although you'd have to get used to controlling it from an app on your phone.
That's not required. You can operate it just fine without your phone anywhere around. It will connect to my desktop system just fine by itself, and you can adjust the volume, etc... with the various buttons and touch pads on it.

The two things I don't like about it:
1. You can't use it while charging.
2. The stupid thing doesn't update the spoken battery life announcement until it's gone through a reboot cycle.

That's not required. You can operate it just fine without your phone anywhere around. It will connect to my desktop system just fine by itself, and you can adjust the volume, etc... with the various buttons and touch pads on it.

The two things I don't like about it:
1. You can't use it while charging.
2. The stupid thing doesn't update the spoken battery life announcement until it's gone through a reboot cycle.
I agree that it's not required, but "just fine" is a bit subjective. There's a quite a few things that are app-only. I suppose their importance depends.

And speaking of the synthesized speech, it took a few iterations to realize that "iPhone one too many" was really "iPhone 12 mini". :)

I bought these:

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-BTR3K-Bluetooth-Headphone-Unbalanced/dp/B085XT3V3X

which I use with a $15 pair of wired headphones. They work great. I use it with a cheap iphone from work for conference calls, with the mic build into the fiio device. It would be better if the device supported a wired headset. They also will pair to a computer. I normally get a full day of phone calls with one on a charge. It's a tiny device, about the size of a pack of chewing gum. I went this way because I figured the expensive part is the wireless, which you end up throwing away when either the cables or the earphones fall apart.

Back