Wired headline about Cirrus Jet

I managed to read about two sentences of that page before it was obscured by a complaint that I was using an ad-blocker. (Actually, I was using a private browser window.)

I managed to read about two sentences of that page before it was obscured by a complaint that I was using an ad-blocker. (Actually, I was using a private browser window.)

Yeah, I got that, too. So I closed it and moved on.

No ad blockers for me, but did seem more like an ad than actual journalism.

That is the real factory floor. They were only building two SF50s when I was there. The first two production units just before they got their certification. Looks like they are ramping up rapidly. The cockpit is designed to match and exceed the SR22T. Very familiar to Cirrus pilots. The one thing missing is the prop spinning in front of course.

Sorry you guys got nasty pop-up ads. I didn't when I looked at the pictures.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd get those.

For the record Grand Forks is in ND not SD as the the article says...top notch journalism.

Way way out of my league to even window shop at these birds. But wow, even if you're a not a fan of cirrus you've got to admire what they're doing in both the piston and small jet market.

Seems like a lot of money but the chute combined with a single engine, speeds topping 350mph and considerably lower hourly operating expenses, this thing definitely has a niche to fill.

Like I've said here before I think owners will very quickly outgrow the Cirrus jet and move on to bigger equipment fairly quickly. Think of it more as a training jet. Time will only tell - let's see how many are on the used market two years from now.

Back