WIN 10 / Chrome Help

kgruber

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skywag
I have a folder on my desktop. Inside are the URLs to several email sites. I'd like to click on the folder and have all the email sites open at one time, each in their own tab.

Is that possible?

Sure. Open Notepad (or another text editor) and create a file with your list of sites like this:

@echo off
start www.google.com
start www.pilotsofamerica.com
start www.gmail.com

Save the file to your desktop with a .bat extension. Something like myemail.bat (or whatever you want before the dot)

Doubleclick on the file and it will open the list of sites in Chrome if Chrome is your default browser in separate tabs. If Chrome is not your default browser, you can put the word chrome after the word start, like
start chrome www.pilotsofamerica.com

Another way to do it is to use the "Pin Tab" function

Right click on the tab you wish to always have available to you, select Pin Tab.

It will shrink to small ones like you see for my Gmail and PoA.

These will always open and refresh each time I launch Chrome browser.

upload_2018-2-28_15-27-42.png

By the way, Pin Tab is available in some other browsers too, such as Safari

Thanks to you both.................Done! The last time I wrote ANY program was in 1967 in Fortran!!

Another way to do it is to use the "Pin Tab" function

Right click on the tab you wish to always have available to you, select Pin Tab.

It will shrink to small ones like you see for my Gmail and PoA.

These will always open and refresh each time I launch Chrome browser.

View attachment 60548
Yeah, that works. I use it for my calendar. The reason I don't use the feature for multiple sites is that all of those tabs are open and, good as Chrome is, every open tab means more computer resources are being used.

I am surprised that when I right click the .bat program, and click "properties," there is no choice of icons.

And I get this every time I run the email.bat program.

This is what I wrote:

@echo off
start https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox
start https://outlook.live.com/owa/

XfHjm3.jpg

Works for me, but I'm running windows 7.

Save the file to your desktop with a .bat extension. Something like myemail.bat (or whatever you want before the dot)

In case you didn't, make sure you choose "all files" in the drop-down box for file type, before you give it the .bat name and file extension.

just for shts and giggles, can you name the file something other than email.bat, and then 'run as administrator'? just wanna rule something out........

Yes. I still get the debug.log every time i open my email.bat file.

Somehow it strikes me as an inadvertent character in the script. Doesn't look like a user permission issue. For more of the shts and giggles, how about rewriting it from scratch?

I copied your entries from the thread and ran it with no problem.

a quick google search shows it's chrome related. lots of people claim the following:

"The fix according to the Chrome Forum is to uninstall Chrome, restart your system and then re-install Chrome . . . "

I'll just live with the anomaly. Too chicken to mess with a reinstall!!

It's not a perfect world!

How about -

Chrome > Settings > On Startup > Open a specific page or set of pages

Back