• Yes, landing will be textbook!

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No, landing will be a loss

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • weather will scrub the launch again today

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has nothing to do with the wind, it's Center of Gravity/center of balance relationship and the inability to recover an out of range condition with the rocket once a leg touches because the first leg that touches will also be in the direction the base needs to swing. What needs to happen is the as soon as the leg touches, the deck needs to start traveling in that direction to bring the center of balance back under the center of gravity in a range within the footprint.

I respectfully disagree......

Look at the whitecaps...

Watch the smoke from the exhaust plume....

I am guessing 18 gusts to 24 mph.....

If you don't think that velocity can blow over a 70 foot tall round object that is 7 feet in diameter then I would be shocked...:yikes:....

I respectfully disagree......

Look at the whitecaps...

Watch the smoke from the exhaust plume....

I am guessing 18 gusts to 24 mph.....

If you don't think that velocity can blow over a 70 foot tall round object that is 7 feet in diameter then I would be shocked...:yikes:....

Look at the landing leg spread on that puppy....

I saw that...... Kinda makes me wonder if it lands cockeyed, the lower leg will kick it to the other side REAL quick...:dunno::dunno::confused:

The three-legged config does pose some potential problems but they should be able to figure out best orientation while well above the barge.

The three-legged config does pose some potential problems but they should be able to figure out best orientation while well above the barge.
the DC-X....had 4 legs. :D .....for various stability and operational issues. :mad2:

The landing video reminds me of dialing in the gyros/control board on my home built quadcopter. It had a tendency to start oscillating and crash.

Back