WiFi on Velocity

Ed Batist

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
EdBatist
I am just starting to get into aviation in general and wondered if it is realistic to have wifi access on a homebuilt? I haven't even looked at avionics to know if that is built in to some MFD, etc.

I am just starting to get into aviation in general and wondered if it is realistic to have wifi access on a homebuilt? I haven't even looked at avionics to know if that is built in to some MFD, etc.
The WiFi is not the issue.
The cost will be in the WiFi base to the internet. Kinda hard to drag a cable around, cell signal is unreliable and satellite is very expensive.

Tim

The WiFi is not the issue.
The cost will be in the WiFi base to the internet. Kinda hard to drag a cable around, cell signal is unreliable and satellite is very expensive.

Tim
You're right. Sattelite wifi would be expensive. Why am I complaining in my head about my first world problems though. I was just thinking of that so my kids can stream movies, etc.

You're right. Sattelite wifi would be expensive. Why am I complaining in my head about my first world problems though. I was just thinking of that so my kids can stream movies, etc.
I would just have them download a few before each flight. Much cheaper and easier.

Odd... you're "just getting in to aviation" and looking at a 4 seat canard pusher, and worried about wifi access in flight?

Don't get me wrong, I like the Velocity XL a lot. But something is a little off with this thread.

Odd... you're "just getting in to aviation" and looking at a 4 seat canard pusher, and worried about wifi access in flight?

Don't get me wrong, I like the Velocity XL a lot. But something is a little off with this thread.
What? You don't think Gogo could build a system for him?

;)

Not really. I have had all sorts of discussions with people who have no clue about network connectivity.
In fact, I know multiple people who have no clue of the difference between WiFi and cellular....

Tim

Not really. I have had all sorts of discussions with people who have no clue about network connectivity.
In fact, I know multiple people who have no clue of the difference between WiFi and cellular....

Tim

Aren't they both sort of like Bluetooth?

:eek:

Hmmm...kids should be looking outside and enjoy the view! Well, provided you're not into the flight levels. Problem solved! ;)

Actually it should have said getting "back" into aviation. Did alot of flying before in the Cirrus 20.

Back