Wife's friend and daughter murdered.

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...cide-recovering-new-details-emerge/768947002/

My wife worked with Charley years ago in a mammography clinic and they were friends. My wife is extremely upset over this horrendous murder-suicide. So senseless. If anyone feels like contributing it would be appreciated. I'm writing a check as all that money goes to the girls, while GoFund takes 7.9% of the contribution. Thank y'all.

Wow! Thoughts your way.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Wow. What a disturbed individual. Really makes you wonder what was wrong with that guy. Was he in the military? Shows him wearing an AF shirt in that article.

Wow. What a disturbed individual. Really makes you wonder what was wrong with that guy. Was he in the military? Shows him wearing an AF shirt in that article.

Yes, Air Force for 29 years. Retired as an E9, Chief Master Sergeant. Always thought he was out there, how he got promoted to E9 is beyond me. Rumor was AF made him retire at 29 years.

Yes, Air Force for 29 years. Retired as an E9, Chief Master Sergeant. Always thought he was out there, how he got promoted to E9 is beyond me. Rumor was AF made him retire at 29 years.

Wow...

Sorry Mark, sending my thoughts your way!

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...cide-recovering-new-details-emerge/768947002/

My wife worked with Charley years ago in a mammography clinic and they were friends. My wife is extremely upset over this horrendous murder-suicide. So senseless. If anyone feels like contributing it would be appreciated. I'm writing a check as all that money goes to the girls, while GoFund takes 7.9% of the contribution. Thank y'all.

I didn't know Charley, but we were separated by degrees. Two family's that we play ball with had daughters that played ball with hers. Its likely that I met her and her family at a ball field somewhere. This is unimaginable. I have a son who is the same age as her daughters. Mark, your wife is already in my prayers as i have been praying for friends and family. As if we needed a reminder, you just never know when someone may snap.

Horrible. Condolences to the family, and support for your wife as she sorts through it.

Very sorry, Mark. That's horrible. I will never understand what could possess anyone to choose to do something like that.

Very sorry, Mark. That's horrible. I will never understand what could possess anyone to choose to do something like that.

Yes, very difficult to process. The man had demons to put a plan like that into a reality. We just don't understand. The divorce filing must have really been a catalyst to do what he did. Wife has been crying for days. Just so senseless and sad.

Yes, very difficult to process. The man had demons to put a plan like that into a reality. We just don't understand. The divorce filing must have really been a catalyst to do what he did. Wife has been crying for days. Just so senseless and sad.

Certainly wouldn’t expect that out of someone who spent 29 years in the AF.

Just heard on the news of a similar event in Delaware today. Man killed wife, three kids, and himself. WTF?

Damn man!

Sorry to hear, good bump for having your wife/mother/sister get their CCW and some training.

:(

This is one of those things where, for the surviving girls, nothing is really ever going to be okay again.

I sure wish people didn't do this to each other.

:(

This is one of those things where, for the surviving girls, nothing is really ever going to be okay again.

I sure wish people didn't do this to each other.

My thoughts exactly. This is a tragedy that will haunt the survivors for the rest of their days. I just can't understand things like this. So terrible and sad.

Prayers

Certainly wouldn’t expect that out of someone who spent 29 years in the AF.

That’s pretty common really. Military folk commit suicide at a higher rate.

29 years in and then readjusting to civilian life, marriage falling apart, probably job issues (not exactly something a 29 year in guy would have ever dealt with)...

And let’s not forget all that rah-rah America is great stuff that was probably ingrained and completely shattered outside the shelter of military life... America is (honestly) fairly screwed up these days.

Still wonderful opportunities and most of us live the lives of Kings compared to many on the planet, but the society tries to constantly tell you that you need more, you need to do more, etc.

I can see it as common in this case. Usually suicide only and not murder-suicide though. That part is tragic.

Having lost a brother in law to suicide under similar circumstances but less military service, same attitude though and thought processes even as a civilian, it’s severely disappointing but not surprising.

There’s a lot of self-sufficiency training that never goes away, but nobody tells them they can only be trained like that inside the protected walls of a job that never goes away, and the “brothers” they always counted on, aren’t (to them) easily accessible anymore.

If I had to place bets I’d wager big money alcohol was also heavily involved.

And no support structure. The most isolate you make an ex-military person feel, the more they feel a need to take action. It’s just part of the training. It never goes away.

In this case the wrong action. Very wrong.

Even after losing my brother in law I still maintain that if someone makes that decision that it’s theirs and theirs alone.

When they take out the rest of the family, I get angry about that, but I’m not angry about his personal decision. Or my brother in law’s.

Live or die, your choice. Just leave mom and the kids alone, asshat. That “they’ll be better off dead if I’m gone” crap doesn’t fly with me.

What a monster! Thoughts and prayers...

Before classifying someone as a monster, I think it would be beneficial to look at whether undiagnosed mental disorders played a role. While there has been more publicity recently, mental disorders are still considered shameful by many and unfortunately as a result many people don’t get the help they need.

Social workers, therapists, etc can really help those with a lot of diseases even before resorting to medications.

Yes, he did an awful thing, but can you imagine how messed up his thinking must have been and how much he must have struggled every day to see this as a good option?

My condolences to those affected. As a recently retired Air Force officer, I see/hear about these types of things more often than I like.

Like it or not, the longer you stay in service, the more difficult it is to ‘fit’ into the outside world.

But, I’d hazard that’s not the issue with this guy, neither is/are other “mental health” issues.

“Bob Orsi allegedly abused drugs, which may have “exacerbated,” the situation, Franklin said.”

These things are horrible! Thoughts and prayers to the survivors and those otherwise affected.

It's unimaginable that horrific things like this happen anywhere, much less our little out-of-the-way county. Twice in a month . . . . .

Deepest condolences for your wife. Prayers for those poor kids left. Wow.

Back