Why?

Bus driver, please look for me, 'cause I couldn't bear to see what I might see
I'm really still in prison, and my love she holds the key
A simple yellow ribbon's what I need to set me free I wrote and told her please
CHORUS

Now the whole damn bus is cheering and I can't believe I see
A hundred yellow ribbons 'round the old oak tree I'm comin' home
--------------

I think that was the bigger hint it was a prison release song. At least to me anyways.

Ok, you had ta look it up. :D

As many as I heard that piece of drivel that never sunk in.

It occurred to me that the catchy tune is the only thing it has going for it.

Now I need to look to see who wrote it and how that sleazy lounge singer recorded it.

How about that Skeeter Davis song, "Don't they know, it's the eeeeend of the world..."

In the year 4545,
if man it still alive,
Aint' gonna have no legs
aint gonna have no....
machines will do that for you.

How did we ever though that garf?

Two words: earth tones.

To keep it aviation-related, you can tell the 70's planes by their orange, brown and mustard yellow color schemes. :vomit:

Hey I resemble that, only hold the mustard.

The 1968 Piper factory paint was white/brown/black, so of course I repainted with white/brown/and gold.

I'm a child of the 60s.

This one is the epitome of ugly 70s, and I think I have over 2,000 hours in it...

BTW, the one on the left is me, almost 20 years ago.

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about! The paint looks pretty new in that picture. Those colors look even worse when faded and chalky out on the ramp. :(

I think you've posted the winning pic -- '70s paint and '80s hair all in one!

BTW, is that Joe Piscopo on the right??? :rofl:

Hey I resemble that, only hold the mustard.

Heh. Underneath it all, so do I. While at the Commander HQ for my annual, I looked at the original documentation for it from day 1. It was brown, white, and more brown with something gold stripes, which I suspect was that mustardy yellow. :vomit:

This one is the epitome of ugly 70s, and I think I have over 2,000 hours in it...

BTW, the one on the left is me, almost 20 years ago.

OMG- the CHiPs sunglasses on the guy on the right! Now i'm gonna have that damn song in my head all night.

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about! The paint looks pretty new in that picture. Those colors look even worse when faded and chalky out on the ramp. :(

Hair? and bell bottom jeans? (Me on the left)

Attachments

• 15 Marquett_Outbound_Small.JPG
    15 Marquett_Outbound_Small.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 91
Today wouldn't be the way today is without the 70s.

and I like today.

Funny, the picture makes the paint look a lot better than I remembered it.

We were quite the motley crew now that I think about it...

BTW, is that Joe Piscopo on the right??? :rofl:
Haha. I wonder what ever became of him. The guy in the middle only worked there for a short time but I flew with the guy on the right for 3 or 4 years. This was one of the mapping airplanes and they were both camera operators.

The guy in the middle only worked there for a short time but I flew with the guy on the right for 3 or 4 years. This was one of the mapping airplanes and they were both camera operators.
Cool. Is that why the exhaust pipe takes a strange 90 degree left turn?

Cool. Is that why the exhaust pipe takes a strange 90 degree left turn?
Remember Richard's thread with the picture of the airplane with a long exhaust pipe? The curve in this one is for the same purpose, to keep the exhaust gases away from the camera which looks out the bottom of the airplane.

Back