Why Learn Tailwheel?

Here's why many learn to fly tailwheel airplanes:

http://youtu.be/9I5aTLtUywU

This is an intro video to a "Learn to Fly Tailwheel" series I'll be putting up soon.

When you play music over the voice we old farts can't hear a thing you said.

Yes I can hear well enough to pass the third class med.

lots of us can't hear when things are over played, two people talking at once, drives me nutz.

Lower the background music. Show more takeoff a and landings,other than that looks good.

Funny I watched the video without reading the other comments came back to post. TURN DOWN THE MUSIC. Looks like they beat me to it. :eek:)

Want a laugh? Click on the "CC" button to turn on what is apparently Youtube's attempt at automatic voice-to-text closed captioning. I don't think it gets a single sentence right!

Example - the first sentence starts out like this:
"So why do this while earnings like Taylor is a couple reasons for his first"

i thought we do it for the chicks??

Lots of nose draggers on skis up here but taildraggers are more versatile. Nose draggers try to stay on packed surfaces. Taildraggers can go exploring. If not for the ski advantage I may still fly a nose dragger.

The most fun I've ever had with the pants on was while flying taildraggers....

Fun nice video.
I agree that voice should always trump music. It is called "background music" for a reason. :) Though you can go with higher music volume in longer gaps between sentences and then lower the music volume for the voice-over again, that is good practice too.
And good call on the generic and calming music with no singing. Many clueless videographers on YouTube just throw in their favorite c*ap song from this millennium and don't realize that their taste is not up to par and then all the viewers of their video on YouTube have to suffer. :)

Do you plan on making another video for float planes? Cuz those are much more fun!! :)

Now let's go fly, the weekend is here!! (and I am still stuck at work :( )

Back