Why I hate fly-ins...

Re: Why I hat fly-ins...

Yeah... But I hope no one is offended - I didn't mean to dress anyone down.

We should probably suspender the puns and get back to the point of the thread.

I'm not needling you, but what is the point?

I disagree, the important part and the one that disturbs me is this:

If you have never heard anybody suggest that 123.45 is not a chat line, you have not read the AIM as it is not listed as one of the air to air chat frequencies.

When I say I have never heard anyone object to 123.45 as a chat line until now I'm just stating fact. I also have not memorized every freq table in the AIM. Guess I'm a substandard pilot. And gosh, I don't even use the freq! How hosed up are all those guys who actually use the coveted 123.45 freq? You must think they really suck.

[/snark]

Maybe people could get off their high horses and stop the implied disrespect for not knowing as much as they do.

Librairains..sheesh.

When I say I have never heard anyone object to 123.45 as a chat line until now I'm just stating fact. I also have not memorized every freq table in the AIM. Guess I'm a substandard pilot. And gosh, I don't even use the freq! How hosed up are all those guys who actually use the coveted 123.45 freq? You must think they really suck.

[/snark]

Maybe people could get off their high horses and stop the implied disrespect for not knowing as much as they do.

Librairains..sheesh.

Irony ?

I take no stocking puns and hat them almost as badly as I hat fly-ins. ;)

Y'all are just skirting the issue you know

I'm not shirt about that

I think there are some breeches of netiquette going on here.

I'm going to lunch. I need to scarf down some food.

Ooops, this thread made a hard left to the punny and I missed it...

In that spirit I told my FO the only ten puns I know so he could choose which made him laugh so i could post it here. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did.

Ooops, this thread made a hard left to the punny and I missed it...

In that spirit I told my FO the only ten puns I know so he could choose which made him laugh so i could post it here. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did.

You should have searched the Internet blogs and found a pun dit instead.

[/snark]

Librairains..sheesh.

I find it Ironic and rude.

I don't claim to know all that much nor do I claim to know everything in the AIM, but then I'm just a Private Pilot and don't even have an instrument licence let alone anything thing else ('cept a tailwheel endorsment)

I thought it disturbing that someone who was pontificating on the board about being a professional pilot would admit to not reading the AIM.

Then they get all bent out of shape when I mention I feel that situation is disturbing and decided that makes it ok to call me names.

I guess I'm not allowed to express my feelings unless I'm willing to open myself up for attack....

Hey wait, :idea:is this the spin zone?

I was gonna comment on the threads sooner, but didn't want to jacket up ...

I find it Ironic and rude.

I don't claim to know all that much nor do I claim to know everything in the AIM, but then I'm just a Private Pilot and don't even have an instrument licence let alone anything thing else ('cept a tailwheel endorsment)

I thought it disturbing that someone who was pontificating on the board about being a professional pilot would admit to not reading the AIM.

Then they get all bent out of shape when I mention I feel that situation is disturbing and decided that makes it ok to call me names.

I guess I'm not allowed to express my feelings unless I'm willing to open myself up for attack....

Hey wait, :idea:is this the spin zone?

I never called you or anyone a name.

What do you guys think professional pilots do? Sit around and read the AIM and FARs? They don't. We are not even issued said documents. We operate based on OpSpecs that the company and POI ensure are compliant with latest directives from the FAA.

I am not unique in this. No airline pilot reads that stuff unless he also flies GA on his own time.

Stop pretending to know what I should know until you have walked in my shoes. I'm happy to share what I know and how we operate and share experiences and such. But I grow tired of defending why I don't know some freqs AIM assignment or why I don't know some FAR by number. I knew that stuff when it applied to the flying I did. It doesn't now.

I stay out of conversations that I don't have knowledge or dont apply. I do, sometimes land at small fields with fly-ins going on and have to work my way into traffic too so I deemed this topic relevant.

I'm not angry or mad. I'm just trying to show another side of aviation.

Last edited:

I think the AIM gives you some slacks in the recommendations.

What do you guys think professional pilots do? Sit around and read the AIM and FARs? They don't. We are not even issued said documents. We operate based on OpSpecs that the company and POI ensure are compliant with latest directives from the FAA.

I am not unique in this. No airline pilot reads that stuff unless he also flies GA on his own time.

Stop pretending to know what I should know until you have walked in my shoes. I'm happy to share what I know and how we operate and share experiences and such. But I'm grow tired of defending why I don't know some frees AIM assignment or why I don't know some FAR by name. I knew that stuff when it applied to the flying I did. It doesn't now.

I stay out of conversation that I don't have knowledge. I do, sometime land at small fields with fly-ins going on and have to work my way into traffic so I deemed this topic relevant.

Now come on - let's play nice - or do I need to get bikini you two?

Some civility would go a thong way.

Stop pretending to know what I should know until you have walked in my shoes. I'm happy to share what I know and how we operate and share experiences and such. But I'm grow tired of defending why I don't know some frees AIM assignment or why I don't know some FAR by name. I knew that stuff when it applied to the flying I did. It doesn't now.

I stay out of conversation that I don't have knowledge. I do, sometime land at small fields with fly-ins going on and have to work my way into traffic so I deemed this topic relevant.

Looks like Cameron has the regulation argument blues. Maybe a thong would cheer him up?

edit: crap! Sack was first

This thread has gotten all clogged up.

This thread is truely skirting the orignal topic.

This thread is truely skirting the orignal topic.

Well maybe the topic was done and it was time to stick a fork in the thread?

Well, if there is anything more to say on the subject, perhaps we should jacket up.

Looks like Cameron has the regulation argument blues. Maybe a thong would cheer him up?

edit: crap! Sack was first

Sack is on point with such a lingerie thread.

Now come on - let's play nice - or do I need to get bikini you two?

I did not know you were such an athletic supporter of peaceful discussion.

Back