Why don't hotels have vending machines anymore?

Swing by Target on the way to the hotel. Pick up a 6 pack of 20oz bottles for $3.00 or so.
Definitely a Midwest mentality at work there, Ed. In Vermont, "swing by Target" is likely to take you 30 to 40 miles out of your way. Finding a convenience store here takes a little more initiative. Most towns do have a Dollar General, though.

I don't even remember the last time when I bought something out of a vending machine. I will say I wasn't very old at the time.

Okay I do remember. "Gardettos. You are just wasting your fifty cents for those gurd durn little packets." That was twenty years ago.
Actually, the terminal at KPHN used to have a couple. I remember springing for a snack a couple of times before a flight. That was back circa 2005. I have no idea if they're still there, though.

Kind of like free air at gas stations...let's hope they don't bring back pay toilets!

Last time I used a vending machine was last time at the airport. Lots of FBOs still have vending machines. Even Signature.

Definitely a Midwest mentality at work there, Ed. In Vermont, "swing by Target" is likely to take you 30 to 40 miles out of your way. Finding a convenience store here takes a little more initiative. Most towns do have a Dollar General, though.

Is there seriously only 1 Target in the whole state? Looks like the only one is in Burlington, but it is right near the airport. ;)

Is there seriously only 1 Target in the whole state? Looks like the only one is in Burlington, but it is right near the airport. ;)
Yup. VT was the very last state in the Union to get a Target. Very hostile environment here for large footprint chain stores - feeling is they have too much of an advantage over local businesses. Which is likely true. But companies able to put up with the paperwork and fees can still get a foothold. We have 3 WalMarts, for example.

There was nothing worse than running into the restroom only to find pay toilets and I didn't have a dime.....
I’m thinking that a credit card reader and dynamic demand pricing sounds tempting.:devil:

I once stayed at a boutique hotel in Denver that had sexy undergarments for sale in the closet.
Hopefully they came with a sexy woman to model them for you too!

Hopefully they came with a sexy woman to model them for you too!

No, you are thinking of a far seedier hotel. The kind where you rent the room by the hour, perhaps?

Someday, when Vermont actually joins the United States, there will be convenience stores available and a real government...

Someday, when Vermont actually joins the United States, there will be convenience stores available and a real government...

I had an acquaintance that lived in Vermont. He said they give you a T-shirt that says "Welcome to Vermont. Don't forget to set your clock back 20 years."

I'm from the Horn & Hardart era, and I miss them.
They were always fun, and for the time they were very futuristic. The original fast food.
You would see people from every cross section of society in there.

There are still such places a Horn and Hardart in Japan a and only a few in Korea. Don't know about the rest of Asia, but there are probably a few...

Not sure why you’d want the latter one. It comes with expensive boondoggles and bureaucrats.

And billboards. Don't forget billboards... on all the interstates... everywhere. :/

(Actually, that's one thing about the rest of the country that I DON'T miss...)

Horn and Hardart?

Don't miss bill board that much although the old Burma Shave signs were always funny.

Back