Why do so many threads seem to turn into ****ing matches?

It's all hogwash or someone's own personal opinion unless it is backed up with references to actual facts.

Maybe we should change the color of this thread to yellow.....

;):D

You missed the humor, not the previous post. ;)

I believe your humor is either too dry for me to grasp, or there is a entendre that is too subtle for me. My tastes run to 3 Stooges, and maybe an old Gene Wilder film.

I believe your humor is either too dry for me to grasp, or there is a entendre that is too subtle for me. My tastes run to 3 Stooges, and maybe an old Gene Wilder film.

You were saying what drives you nuts was copy and paste...

"I swear I saw that posted somewhere else"

Hate to say it, but EdFred pulled off a masterful woosh on you. :D :rofl:

I hope it made his wee-wee double in size to 4". Don't hate to say anything, I'm prolly the densest guy on this forum. Maybe you would like to puff yourself up at my expense? No prob here, knock yourself out. :cheerswine:

I hope it made his wee-wee double in size to 4". Don't hate to say anything, I'm prolly the densest guy on this forum. Maybe you would like to puff yourself up at my expense? No prob here, knock yourself out. :cheerswine:
Well...
1humor
noun hu·mor \ˈhyü-mər, ˈyü-\
: a funny or amusing quality

: jokes, funny stories, etc., of a particular kind

: the ability to be funny or to be amused by things that are funny
Take a 2 minute break! Play our
fun, fast vocab game. »
Full Definition of HUMOR

a : a normal functioning bodily semifluid or fluid (as the blood or lymph)
b : a secretion (as a hormone) that is an excitant of activity
a in medieval physiology : a fluid or juice of an animal or plant; specifically : one of the four fluids entering into the constitution of the body and determining by their relative proportions a person's health and temperament
b : characteristic or habitual disposition or bent : temperament <of cheerful humor>
c : an often temporary state of mind imposed especially by circumstances <was in no humor to listen>
d : a sudden, unpredictable, or unreasoning inclination : whim
a : that quality which appeals to a sense of the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous
b : the mental faculty of discovering, expressing, or appreciating the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous
c : something that is or is designed to be comical or amusing
— out of humor
: out of sorts
See humor defined for English-language learners
See humor defined for kids
Examples of HUMOR

He didn't appreciate the humor of the situation.
Someday, you'll see the humor in this.
Everyone likes the gentle humor of his stories of family life.
She doesn't care for ethnic humor.
The book is a collection of American humor.
His humor is one of his most attractive qualities.
Origin of HUMOR

Middle English humour, from Anglo-French umor, umour, from Medieval Latin & Latin; Medieval Latin humor, from Latin humor, umor moisture; akin to Old Norse vǫkr damp, Latin humēre to be moist, and perhaps to Greek hygros wet
First Known Use: 14th century
Related to HUMOR
Synonyms
comedy, comic, comicality, drollery, drollness, funniness, hilariousness, humorousness, richness, uproariousness
Antonyms
pathos
[+]more
See Synonym Discussion at wit
Rhymes with HUMOR

bloomer, Bloomer, boomer, groomer, roomer, rumor, Sumer, tumor
2humor
verb
: to try to please or satisfy (someone) by doing what is wanted
hu·moredhu·mor·ing \ˈhyüm-riŋ, ˈyüm-, ˈhyü-mə-, ˈyü-\
Full Definition of HUMOR

transitive verb
: to soothe or content by indulgence
: to adapt oneself to
See humor defined for English-language learners
Examples of HUMOR

The only way to get along with him is to humor him.
<humored her grandfather by listening to his war stories for the hundredth time>
First Known Use of HUMOR

Related to HUMOR
Synonyms
cater (to), gratify, indulge
[+]more
See Synonym Discussion at indulge

I thought it was funny is all. :dunno: Thought you would too after seeing the amusement of calling out internet fora for their copy/paste opinions, then to have someone imply he had read your argument before online...

:)

I have come to the conclusion that it is nearly impossible to discuss on an internet forum subjects more complex than what you had for breakfast without a good chance for a p!ssing match ensuing as soon as someone shows up who is mentally blocked to the point of absolute inability to think of concepts contrary to what they have "known" to be true for way too long. Then people get offended and it becomes a narrow battle of "let me take a simple statement of yours and try to spin it such that it proves you are a self-contradicting idiot who has no grasp of reality". Then the sensible folks jump ship on the thread once they realize actual communication is no longer possible with these folks.

I have come to the conclusion that it is nearly impossible to discuss on an internet forum subjects more complex than what you had for breakfast without a good chance for a p!ssing match ensuing as soon as someone shows up who is mentally blocked to the point of absolute inability to think of concepts contrary to what they have "known" to be true for way too long. Then people get offended and it becomes a narrow battle of "let me take a simple statement of yours and try to spin it such that it proves you are a self-contradicting idiot who has no grasp of reality". Then the sensible folks jump ship on the thread once they realize actual communication is no longer possible with these folks.

But, but, but....wind!!!

This.

You've had good luck having these same conversations in person??? LOL...

A standard conversation about any of the topics presented here in person will usually devolve into retardedness just as quickly as on an online forum.

The only difference is, folks will actually bring up the topics online in the first place. In person they're much more likely to pretend they're someone they're not, just to impress someone in the room.

People think online forums are unfriendly because people say the things they wouldn't say in person. The reality is people are unfriendly and self-centered creatures in general, and they just don't want to look that way in person. Not the other way around.

Only the rare few will stick to their statements and their principals in either setting.

It's not really possible to discuss topics like this in either in person or Internet forums without someone acting butt-hurt.

You've had good luck having these same conversations in person??? LOL...

A standard conversation about any of the topics presented here in person will usually devolve into retardedness just as quickly as on an online forum.

The only difference is, folks will actually bring up the topics online in the first place. In person they're much more likely to pretend they're someone they're not, just to impress someone in the room.

People think online forums are unfriendly because people say the things they wouldn't say in person. The reality is people are unfriendly and self-centered creatures in general, and they just don't want to look that way in person. Not the other way around.

Only the rare few will stick to their statements and their principals in either setting.

It's not really possible to discuss topics like this in either in person or Internet forums without someone acting butt-hurt.

There's probably truth to this. I don't find myself in arguments over politics or religion in person. Although, I don't say words out loud at breakfast that are consumed by 500 people by lunch. I think the larger platform plays at least a factor.

Back